IGNORED

Should Phill go back to the driver

flap
Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And back to the driver it is. There's footage of him and Harmon working with it on the range.

If he plays well, the second guessing won't stop.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he plays well, the second guessing won't stop.

And it's gonna drive me nuts ...... He ought to just tell the moronic commentators just what he thinks about their theories. Screw the sponsors!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

You have a valid point about giving himself an opportunity. However, do you think he'll be more accurate? Also, if he's ingrained the thought, based on all his practice, that the driver will not work, how do you think he'll fare if he puts it in the bag?

Seconded.

But if it were me, I'd have the driver in the bag. So what? I'm not Phil - nor is anyone else here, seems to me

4-hybrid:

• Administrator
Maybe he shouldve stuck with the 3 wood. At least he was shooting even

He shot 75 yesterday and 76 today, which included three wedges on 13 and three putts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He shot 75 yesterday and 76 today, which included three wedges on 13 and three putts.

Daaammmmmmnnnnnnnn..... Just saw #13 on golf channel, 3 lobwedges from maybe 30 yards??? Everyone of them hit the fringe and rolled back to his feet. Carded a 9 on that hole.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Mickelson is just such a disappointment. I love watching him play because he takes risks and can give you that "I can't believe he's doing this...what a great shot" feeling. However, when you expect the performance, you get zip. I was really hoping that this US Open would be like TPC Boston: him and Tiger battling it out. Instead, we get Phil wetting the bed. A nine? Geez.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Mickelson is just such a disappointment. I love watching him play because he takes risks and can give you that "I can't believe he's doing this...what a great shot" feeling. However, when you expect

I know what you mean, I get a kick out of his aggressiveness but sometimes he just takes it over the edge and that leaves me wondering why he can be such an idiot. He has so much talent but typically bewilders me.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Dont remind me...That was hard to watch man. His strategies are questionable to say the least, but hey, if hes not comfortable hitting driver, then it took guts for him to leave the big stick at home. Its too bad to see that kind of collapse, but it happens, and its not an unfamiliar sight with Phil unfortunately.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Mickelson is just such a disappointment. I love watching him play because he takes risks and can give you that "I can't believe he's doing this...what a great shot" feeling. However, when you expect

Agreed, love his attitude, never a dull moment. 2 Drivers, No Driver, 5 wedges, etc... Some of his shotmaking decision would make John Daly scratch his head...

Phil will always be one of my favorites.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I know what you mean, I get a kick out of his aggressiveness but sometimes he just takes it over the edge and that leaves me wondering why he can be such an idiot. He has so much talent but typically bewilders me.

What kills me was that 9 he carded. He was short and the ball rolled back. The greens were hard, its uphill. Why not stick it to the back and hope it rolls down? Even if it does not, it's two putts, at worse. Why try to be fine? He's +1, at the time. Sometimes, the guy gives me the vibe that he forgets the situation and is out to try and prove something. I bet the effer shoots a 64, tomorrow, to frustrate people even more.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I bet the effer shoots a 64, tomorrow, to frustrate people even more.

More likely he'll try that green again and have it roll off again, just to try and prove something. What Phil needs to leave out of his bag is his brain.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Was this just stubbornness, or what?

I'll have to ask the guy, if I happen to bump into him on the South one fine day. I mean, I don't think I've ever shot worse than double bogey on that particular hole myself .....

Then I'll try to remove the driver has become tightly wrapped around my neck.

4-hybrid:

What kills me was that 9 he carded. He was short and the ball rolled back. The greens were hard, its uphill. Why not stick it to the back and hope it rolls down?

Yeah Tiger showed it's an easy putt from the back of the green....

"The definition of insanity . . . is doing the same things and expecting different results."
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Yeah Tiger showed it's an easy putt from the back of the green....

That sentence speaks volumes, though. Tiger is giving himself an opportunity. Meanwhile, Phil's shot has a what, 1 or 2 in 10 chance of sticking?

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I think that Phil is not accurate with his driver and has ben trying to play it safe by using the 3 wood only. In doing so he has put himself at a disadvantage when it comes to approach shots. An eight iron in to a green is likely to get closer than a 6 iron, and so on. I dont feel that Phil ever plays well when Tiger is in the same field as him, and for that reason he will never completely fulfil his potential.

what driver is Tiger using this week?..it looks like the Sumo 2 square?..i did not get a good look.

What a laugh that was! Phil Mick having a mental moment, what was he thinking?
Fair play to him though in getting his head together and finnishing strong ,many a player would have lost the plot after that!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

• Administrator
I think that Phil is not accurate with his driver and has ben trying to play it safe by using the 3 wood only.

A bit of the obvious, and a day or two late, no? That's kind of the supposition for this thread, not new information.

I dont feel that Phil ever plays well when Tiger is in the same field as him, and for that reason he will never completely fulfil his potential.

Like at TPC Boston last year when, in the same pairing on the final day, Phil bested Tiger to win in the FedEx Cup playoffs?

Or in any of Phil's major victories? Tiger wins more than Phil does, but to say he never plays well is just to ignore so much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!