IGNORED

New from UCF (Orlando, FL)

Amoretti
Note: This thread is 5656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys. I'm a current student at UCF, and am becoming increasingly addicted to golf. I've played here and there for a few years, but as of this year have been itching to get out once a week. I've been mostly playing with hand-me-down clubs from friends, but came here to learn more about the game and what I should aim for as my next set of irons. I'm also trying to learn about one's handicap, and how to determine my own, and whether or not I should use it while playing. Anyway, I appreciate the help from you all in advance!

-Kevin
In the Nike Pro Tour Combo Bag:
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W
585H 21* 3 Hybrid 735.CM 4-PW 51.06 MP-T & 56.13 MP-T White Hot #1

Whats up? I am from Florida as well, Fort Lauderdale during the summer, and Port St. Lucie from August-April. Hope your having a good time Teeing it up! I lost my way a bit and haven't gotten the chance to play that much lately, but I am itching real bad to get back out there and play myself!
Good Luck,
-Matt

Hey, I'm from UCF too. Back at home for the summer, been trying to play at my local course as much as possible. Play at many good courses in the area?

Figuring your handicap: Score minus course rating, multiply by 113 (standard USGA slope) divided by the course you played slope. This gives you your handicap differential. To get a more accurate handicap (and legal according to the USGA), you need 20 scores, then you take your lowest 10 (handicap differentials, not scores). Average them out and now you have a handicap.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

• Administrator
Figuring your handicap: Score minus course rating, multiply by 113 (standard USGA slope) divided by the course you played slope. This gives you your handicap differential. To get a more accurate handicap (and legal according to the USGA), you need 20 scores, then you take your lowest 10 (handicap differentials, not scores). Average them out and now you have a handicap.

You forgot the 0.96 multiplier, but otherwise, yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey, I'm from UCF too. Back at home for the summer, been trying to play at my local course as much as possible. Play at many good courses in the area?

Nah not really. Poor college student budget usually equates to pretty crappy courses lol. I like playing Winter Park Country Club. It's only a 9 hole walking course but the rates are cheap and the fairways and greens are well taken care of. Aside from that, I usually play Wedgefield, Cassleberry, and Twin Rivers. I'm going to check out Fairways (55+ neighborhood course, cheap rates) this Friday. What year are you?

-Kevin
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W

Going into my sophomore year. Checked out Winter Park's course, looks like it could be a good round. Let me know how Fairways turns out, maybe we can play a round together when the school year starts, I've been looking for a golf buddy.

welcome fellow floridian

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

• 4 months later...
Not sure if dragging up an old thread is kosher since I just joined, but I'm in the Orlando area as well. Check out golfnow.com you can find pretty good rates on courses in the area. You can jump on that Winter Park CC course for like $6-$7.

In The Bag:

Driver: 909D3 9.5* Aldila VooDoo Stiff
3 Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila VooDoo StiffHybrid: 3DX 17* Aldila NV StiffIrons: MP-67 3-pwWedges: MP-T 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 33"Ball: Gran-Z (in the bargain bin @ Golfsmith)

Hello UCF !!!!

You are fortunate to live in the countrie's greatest state for golf!!!!

I would think a student ID would go a long way towards getting some quality golf on sweet courses.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Not sure if dragging up an old thread is kosher since I just joined, but I'm in the Orlando area as well. Check out golfnow.com you can find pretty good rates on courses in the area. You can jump on that Winter Park CC course for like $6-$7.

Yeah, all I use is Golf Now. Aside from playing for cheap and/or free with a friend who volunteer rangers. I'm about to set up a free game at Magnolia Plantation on Friday, thanks to golf now's rewards.

Any particular courses you like to play?
-Kevin
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W

I'm actually playing North Shore tomorrow. You can get on there for around $25 and it's pretty nice. It's about 30 min drive down 417 though. I play Eastwood quite a bit and you can get on there for a pretty good price. Those are the two I play most. I like Magnolia Plantation though it is a pretty nice course. I'm thinking about joining the Amateur Golfers of Orlando to get into some competitive golf. You should check it out they have flights for all different skill levels. http://www.agogolf.net/ If you ever need a fourth or playing partner let me know I'm up for playing pretty much anywhere. I'm on a 6 mos vacation so I have plenty of time.

Perry

In The Bag:

3 Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila VooDoo StiffHybrid: 3DX 17* Aldila NV StiffIrons: MP-67 3-pwWedges: MP-T 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 33"Ball: Gran-Z (in the bargain bin @ Golfsmith)

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum and Only been playing golf for about 6 months. It's been so addicting. Anyways I live In Orlando as well. Check out Winter Pines golf Course. It's only $20 on the weekends and The course is very well taken care of. I've played at Eastwood a bunch of times. I love it there, my only complaint is the greens are poor.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

When I first started playing about 2yrs ago Winter Pines and Casselberry were the only two course I played. I prob haven't played Winter Pines in over a yr, but it was well taken care of just really short...I think it was something like a par 67 and less than 5,500 yds. I played Casselberry (same price range as Winter Pines) about a month ago and it was like a cow pasture out there. Hopefully, it gets a little better.

In The Bag:

Note: This thread is 5656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!