IGNORED

For Those that Liked Tiger Not Being In It

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

at least the rest of the field has the rest of the year to not have to fear the Tiger roar. mandatory surgery & out for the rest of the year.
I wonder if FedEx is upset that he won't be able to defend.
That's 25% less people watching golf on Saturday & Sunday.
sad isn't it? why can't they be fans of the game
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

You could see it like this, though.

1) Perhaps a young gun can emerge and start to dominate the rest of the year. The Golf Media has been searching for that 20something to make a run. Perhaps, now, that opportunity presents, itself.

2) An established pro, like Mickelson/Els, who has a large fan base and has argued "What if Tiger were not around" finally have this moment. If this player does'nt dominate, then we can finally squash those "what if" questions.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I am a fan of golf but have no interest in watching golf without Tiger. I would rather play on those saturday and sunday afternoons than watch the rest of the tour. Sure I bet there will be some good matches but I am a Tiger follower.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

You could see it like this, though.

Ya it would be cool to see Scott takeover Phil as number two as I think Scott is more talented just hasnt played his best.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

1) Perhaps a young gun can emerge and start to dominate the rest of the year. The Golf Media has been searching for that 20something to make a run. Perhaps, now, that opportunity presents, itself.

Although it would be nice to see either of these senarios happening....we haven't seen any sign of this actually happening in the time that Tiger takes off normally. Maybe there will be a run in the majors but when Tiger doesn't win them....it's a very random person winning. Curtis/Hamilton/Weir/Micheel/Ogilvy (possibility here)/Campbell/Johnson/Cabrera/Harrington.....

But... We can hope.

how great of a cindarella story would it be if mediate skyrocketed and won a tournament or 2 this year and had an actual shot at the fedex cup?

how awesome would it be to see ernie take a few tourney's home when he putted himself out of it.

it'd be great to see a rook on the tour come up and establish himself as part of golf's future.

but i definitely agree that if lefty doesn't get it done while tiger's out...then those what if's could be silenced.
DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

And any major won needs to be noted "Non Tiger Playing Major" LOL HAHAHAA

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

My tour watching schedule consists of:

the Open Championship
the PGA Championship

then the 3 closer FedEx events if there's a tight race for the Cup - Deutsche Bank and BMW Championship, wrapping up with the Tour Championship. Maybe the Ryder cup.

Funny thing is that I'm getting married during the final round of the Tour Championship.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

There's too similar of talent out there for anyone to dominate. Tiger is the only person who can dominate cause he is better than the rest. The "rest", however, are very close in talent.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

We saw what Segio could do without Tiger there in the Player's; I think he's gonna take home his first major in his absence.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

That's 25% less people watching golf on Saturday & Sunday.

yes, its sad 25% less people will be watching tiger on tv

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Anthony Kim winning one or two more would be a sweet story to follow through the rest of the season.

With Scott, Garcia, Kim, Rose, O'Hair, etc. playing good ball we could see some fiery battles. This might be an opportunity for a younger guy to assert himself and begin to build the confidence necessary to face up with Tiger next season. You can't convince me that if Anthony Kim won two more - maybe a major - you wouldn't watch every second of Tiger's first tournament with Kim in the field. I'm taking this as a chance to see some of these guys develop into the sorts of players who have shut the door before, and can't wait to do it to Tiger when he comes back.

I don't think they will when he comes back, but I want them to believe they can.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Anthony Kim winning one or two more would be a sweet story to follow through the rest of the season.

I second that.. Anthony Kim is a BEAST!

DJ Yoshi
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!