IGNORED

Will Tiger Ever Be the Same?

allin
Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tigers Injury means he will now be past his prime

• No way this is Tiger, he will come back better
    • Tiger is no longer a kid, he won't be the same
    • Who knows I can't wait to see

I personaly can't wait to see who steps up in Tigers absence, as for the tour I think it will be fine.

Also I am new here so I am excited to continue reading and posting here

-----------------
Driver: Ping G20 10.5
4 wood: Ping G20 16.5
Hybrid: Ping I20 23

5-P: Cleveland CG16 tour

Wedge: Cleveland Cg16 56

Putter: Cleveland classic

Ball: Top Flite D2 feel

I'm not worried about his ACL. He's played in seven tournaments with this condition.

I would only worry about his stress fractures if golf involved running. I saw what playing with stress fractures did to Kevin McHale's career. It ended it.

He did the right thing. Rest, rehabilitation and a re-energized Tiger Woods equals one bad ass.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Adam Scott has nearly the same swing as Tiger, but I don't see as much left leg snap, correct me if I'm wrong, so Tiger should be able to make adjustments. Distancewise, Scott's pretty long. That would be ironic. The copied copies the copier.

The danger about a long break is putting on weight and boredom. I think the goal of breaking Nickalaus' record should keep that at bay. He can still do some upper body work.

I think I read somewhere that Woods runs around a 7 minute mile. That's pretty fast - not high school team fast, but enough to put some serious stress on the joints. I used to run and the combination of running, especially distance, and golfing is stressful on the body. Maybe he should start cycling, talk to some guy named Armstrong (but not Feherty), or swimming (that might get some press during the Olympics).

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He'll be back, perhaps not quite up to the same level but high enough he will still dominate

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

i hear he may have to return as a lefty.

LOL.

The scary thing is he'd prolly beat Phil even then. To be serious: I agree with the poster saying that T. can take some distance off his game if he needs to. He doesn't need to drive it 320-340, ever. If he increased his fwy percentage at reduced range (i.e. better job than Phil at the U.S. Open ), he's still be beating everyone else with the rest of his game. To me, the risk is that he won't have played competitively for so long. He isn't really going to know how he'll handle that until he is faced with it. But who is tougher than Tiger, mentally? Or better motivated? I'd still put my betting $$ on the guy.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Well, every time i've doubted Tiger i've been wrong, so Im gonna say he will make a strong comeback...
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Sportsmen whatever the sport who rise to the top in nearly all cases have shorter careers than the "average" players
Probably becuase and certainly true in Tigers case due to pushing the body to the limit.Maybe Tiger will come back and maybe he wont but one thing is sure,it wont be for long.
Welcome pbillaa

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

if i was tiger, i would take my time coing back, maybe play a few events on the hooters or nationwide tour till got up to speed

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

"Talent on loan from God" does not get rusty. It is merely withdrawn from time to time for appearances sake and to give mere mortals a winning chance.

I think it's gonna be a while before we can know.

He's gotta get through the surgery and the rehab.....and then rebuild his golf swing (I hope). He's gotta take some torque off that knee.

I think he can give up a bit of distance and still find his way into more green jackets and trophies....but he's gonna be forced to make swing changes. With anyone else, I'd say 2-3 years before he's sucessful....with Tiger....who knows, maybe inside of 2 years and he's winning again.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!