Sign in to follow this  
Leftie_power

David Duval

Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

41 posts / 17390 viewsLast Reply

Well it's offical, end of the year Money list and there he is, 260th out of 268th offical members. In twenty events this year he only made one cut, and next year's the last year left on his 5 year exemption from winning the british open, anyone think he will get things in order to save his tour card, or will he just sail off into the sunset and outta the picture. Maybe he will end up an announcer, Ian-Baker Duval, has a nice ring to it.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I've hoped for the last few years that David Duval would get his game back in order. He showed a few glimpses (and only a few), but I've given up on him. And like you mentioned, next year is his last shot at glory.

Since I've been watching golf (mid 90s by the way), the collapse of David Duval is the biggest dissapointment in all of golf as far as I'm concerned. He was so talented, and now he is awful. Unbelievable.

I don't think he will get it together next year either. :/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess 64 in the first round in Japan and being (again!) one stroke ahead of Tiger brings some hope to this discussion...

Woweee!!!

"I played well,'' Duval said. "I've been playing well for about a month now but just haven't been scoring well. I'm well aware of how I've played over the past few years but I've worked hard and it's good to start a tournament not behind the 8-ball.''

When I finally give up on the guy, he jumps into the lead after the first round of a tournament. Maybe that's what he needed all along, a little disrespect from Mr. Thrash Talk. :)

I hope he continues his good play. He would be a huge asset to the PGA Tour in 2006.

Update

:
Former U.S. Open champion Jim Furyk fired a six-under 64 on Friday to take the second-round lead of the Dunlop Phoenix at Phoenix Country Club. He stands at nine-under-par 131 and is one ahead of both Tiger Woods and David Duval.

Still solid! He didn't shoot 84 in round 2! Charles Howell III would have at least shot 75 by now.

ok, it's on. I accept official bets. $20 DD will regain his position in top 50 and keep his card after 2006. Any takers ?

I think Duval will keep his card somehow, but I'll take the $20 bet on the top-50 part. I don't think he will make it back into the top-50. Maybe top-100, but not top-50.

And yeah, it will be a huge test playing with Tiger and Furyk. That may actually make DD more comfortable....who knows.

ok, it's on. I accept official bets. $20 DD will regain his position in top 50 and keep his card after 2006. Any takers ?

You're on!

Don't know if you noticed this or not, but Duval is in a good position to make the cut in his first event of the year... the Sony Open.

Top 50

IN 2006?? No way. I want a piece of this. I'm in!

"Third Round, David will be playing with Tiger and Furyk, this is a huge test for Duval."

I'm missing something... third round of what? I assume we're not talking about this week's Sony.

But, anyway right now DD is at 3 under, six strokes inside the projected cut with 8 holes to play. I pulling hard for him to come back. I'd like nothing more than to see him win a tournament or to seneak up while no one is looking and win another major. He had to take a lot and held it inside. - a trooper.

Looks like he just snuck in on the cut line. I'd like to say he hit some good shots but I don't know espn showed him hit about 2 shots all together I think. (sorry still a bit bitter on espn's coverage) I hope he has a good tournament and can get back in the swing of things. I really would love to see him take those friggin sun glasses off once in a while though. Hard to really see a players emotions when their behind the shades.

Good for him!

Playing in 17 mph wind he went under the line (though he may not have known it at the time) but birdied his final hole to earn a check. That should be a confidence builder.

(oh, and he bested Michelle Wie)

Note: This thread is 2255 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!