IGNORED

Course Attire

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nice picture.

Its pointless to argue with you. Your are the typical internet "badass" who will speak his mind on the internet and wont say anything face to face. I know it makes you feel better that you are putting up this high class image. Make fun of my appearence or where I play as much as you want. People that do that are lacking in other areas.

What club are you a member of?

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for some, advantageous for others, golf has to be maintained that way, it’s a sport which would always have to keep some kind of “impression” and “elegance”.

If you look at the brands which sponsor golf, you find things like Cadillac, Rolex, Rolls Royce, Mercedes Benz, which are not normally linked with the average Joe.

To keep sponsors “sponsoring” (sorry for the redundancy), and keep winner’s bags around the million dollars as they do now, you need to keep wealthy people interested in the game, and make it profitable. Have you ever seen the “Yves Saint Laurent Checkers Tournament” or “Bentley Judo Competition”?
Have you ever followed the “Bang & Olufsen Beach Soccer Open”? No, because if you are a sponsor, you want to reach the sport which would deliver you the most profit. If golf was to change, Rolex would turn its head to Polo, Cricket or any other sport which would deliver them what they want. It’s obviously about economical interests, like it or not.

Thankfully, that economical interest has put more golf in T.V. and more money in technology development to make US ALL GOLFERS HERE HAPPIER THAN EVER:

So golf is to remain that way, to keep its snobbish image to keep money coming, and you guys should leave that aside and play more golf I guess.

Cheers

It's fine as long as there aren't too many pockets. You know a cargo tux.

Hahahahahahaha That is the best golf joke I've heard in my life. You made my day hehehe

Why are you calling me the badass? I'm the one who likes to respect the etiquette and proper conduct of a course.

Why do you insist on being the guy who breaks the rules and if people don't like it, you won't play (as if it matters to them)? You are the badass skateboarder letting everybody know that you don't think dress codes mean anything.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

If you read my posts earlier I am not a "badass". I respect the course, the players, and the staff. If someone feels like they are being disrespected because I am wearing cargo shorts, forget them, I dont care.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

If you read my posts earlier I am not a "badass". I respect the course, the players, and the staff. If someone feels like they are being disrespected because I am wearing cargo shorts, forget them, I dont care.

But you think that going to a course with a dress code, and violating that dress code, is proper respect for the course and its members?

And if somebody tells you that looking like a skateboarder is not proper at the club (it will be the starter who tells you, not another member, that's the starter's job, although you think I am making this up), then you will say, "screw you, I don't want to play your course anyway!!"? Sounds to me like you fancy yourself a badass skater dude who doesn't think the rules apply to him.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Could you show me where LeMay said he would go onto a course to flaunt its dress code as a stated goal. That is say "I know you don't like guys in shorts - well screw you if I play speed golf I can get in 3 holes before someone catches me."

I think what he means is if he went to a place where there wasn't a specified code and someone had a problem with his cargo shorts - he would rather not play there as those aren't the type of people he wants to associate with.

Andrew

exactly...if i knew the dress beforehand I would put regular shorts on if its summer. if i show up and they make a big deal, I would leave, and not buy shorts from the pro shop

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

...If we are going to make generalizations about location and people - I can say, given what I have seen here that the NE and NY in particular should be known for poor grammar and spelling and the indecency of not even making sure they spell another forum member's name correctly when addressing him. (Lemay vs LaMay) Your behavior here just "backs up the image" of an arrogant jerk from NYC...

And your statement here just reinforces the opinion of the rest of the country of the uptight snobbiness of the east coast...

Ouch! I don't consider myself arrogant, uptight, snobby, or grammatically incorrect for that matter (most of the time). I know you two were only getting back at mrsandman for his remarks...but let's not be naive - NYers are the nicest (most exposed) people evarr!!! lol

...But I would bet if you ran a study comparing equal handicaps of people who don't and people who do care and put "poorly" dressed people around the course.....we would have an interesting result. Discussions like these really cement what everyone told me when I took up golf...

I'm not sure what you mean by this - can you elaborate? I kinda understand what you're trying to say - "lets set up a tourney where golf course attire is completely voluntary and see who shoots the best..." Not sure if its what you were trying to say or if it even relates to the subject matter. I probably misunderstood you but whatevs.

Back on topic: I will agree with mrsandman on his point that we all ought to respect rules when being a guest - whether you're at a ritzy golf course or at your local denny's. Just because you feel you are entitled doesn't necessarily mean you are entitled - which is why I don't understand why this thread has been going on so long! I applaud those that say: "If they don't want me then I don't want them (re: I'll go down the block and play elsewhere)." Just leave it at that and end this constant back and forth bickering - noone wins this argument!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I can find a bunch of things that Lemay said that were wrong.

Let's start with:
1. No, that would never happen (a starter telling somebody in cargo shorts to go buy appropriate shorts or pants).

2. If I was asked to change my clothes I would leave. (2 hours ago)

He would seriously go out to a course, knowing that he was wearing suspect attire (everybody should at least understand that cargo shorts are like jeans and t-shirts, and you might not be able to play in them), and if they wouldn't let him play he would leave?

Why would you even bother putting on the suspect atire to begin with? Because you like to cary so much junk in your pocket that respectable attire would not work?

What's in the bag

your a waste of my time. I am going to the range.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

exactly...if i knew the dress beforehand I would put regular shorts on if its summer. if i show up and they make a big deal, I would leave, and not buy shorts from the pro shop

1. So why would you even show up wearing cargo shorts in the first place?

2. You would really leave instead of just going and buying something you should have been wearing initially? Why? If you were looking down at this pond from the clubhouse, I don't think you would just head home because you made the mistake of dressing inappropriately:

What's in the bag

I can find a bunch of things that Lemay said that were wrong.

Okay - reading comprehension taking a bit of a hit I see.

I asked specifically:
Could you show me where LeMay said he would go onto a course to flaunt its dress code as a stated goal.

Seeing as you aren't taking the time to at the least, read and understand what I asked I am done with you and the thread.

LeMay specifically said :

As that is his stated and printed word - I don't see how he is

wrong as you put it.

Andrew

You're right, the "I will just tell the starter, and the member who invited me, no thanks" is a great attitude. I applaud Lemay for that. Nothing better than somebody who intentionally violates a dress code (you should know that cargo shorts are suspect on a golf course), and then leaves when he is called out on it (as he would be at most private courses, even if he doesn't think so).

What's in the bag

This is going nowhere mates, and I think is about time to finish this ridiculous discussion. We should better sum it up and draw the BOARD conclusions:

1.Call before hand to know if you are wearing the proper garment and ask if you are aloud a white doctor coat.

2.It is OK to play in a Tuxedo as long as its not a Cargo Tux

3.If you have no dress code where you play, you should try to get a huge Mexican Hat to complement your outfit.

4.The rule of the ¼ sock in the NSW Country Club which I belong to is just stupid

5.G-String Bikini LPGA should be mandatory for under 40s

Now all of you get your Keneth COle trousers and hit the range!
Get a life!!!!

I do change my shoes in the parking lot.

So do I. Apparently I have alot to learn about this golf business.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - can you elaborate? I kinda understand what you're trying to say - "lets set up a tourney where golf course attire is completely voluntary and see who shoots the best..." Not sure if its what you were trying to say or if it even relates to the subject matter. I probably misunderstood you but whatevs.

Golfer A is concerned with how other dress. Golfer B is not. Send them out together. Populate the course with "underdressed people". What are we testing? I would like to know which golfer would play better, assuming they are of equal skill.

Note: This thread is 5804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!