IGNORED

Par 3 Courses

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 5788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At a 34 handicap you are basically a double bogey golfer so anything under 45 would be better than your average (depending on difficulty of course)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If your short game is better than your long game, bogey golf would be good. I'm usually around even on par 3 courses, but am a 10 handicap on a full course. If it's the other way around, like the guy above me said, anything better than 45 is better than your handicap.

Driver: FT5 Tour 9.5*
3 Wood: FT Tour 15*
Irons: X-Tour 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: Custom Shop Studio Stainless Newport 2

I play Par 3 Courses. I'm an 8 handicap, and if I shoot 4 over I think I've played pretty well. If I am 10 over, I'm a little disappointed.

For a high handicapper, a par 3 is sometimes easier than a Par 4 (fewer shots to screw up before the green).

No matter how high your handicap, your goal should be to get on the green in 2, and 2 putt. Very rarely is there an excuse for poorer performance than that. So 4x18 = 72, a 36 on each side.

You might have a hazard or two, but you should also hit a green or one putt a few times as well.

You should think that you will be comfortably under 40 if you play a focused game. break 70 and be pumped if you do. If you shoot in the 80's, time to refocus!!!

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I am a high handicapper whose short game is far and away my strong suit. I shot a 36 at a par 3 course earlier this month and it was my personal best round ever, and the first time I have ever broken 40 on 9 holes. I am always happy when I average < 5 strokes a hole.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

If you can make bogey on most of the holes, Id say thats pretty good.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I'm gonna shoot for high 30s, low 40s

No. Stop. Hold on.

This is the perfect opportunity to work on your mental game. Shoot for the lowest score you can on each hole, independently. Add them up at the end.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good score would be 36 or 37 for you

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I just played my first par 3 course yesterday and was very suprised on how much my short game <80 yards was lacking. I went long on everything. After the first 3 holes I was playing bogey golf, but it was still ugly. I've got a lot to work on I guess hehe.

If you overshot every green and still manged to make bogey, thats not all that bad. Your chipping and putting must be halfway decent.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I started playing golf on a par 3 course in Golden Gate Park in SF. I love par 3 courses and you should shoot around 36 for 9 holes as a 34 handicapp golfer.

have fun.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!