IGNORED

Your Putting Average

ElTigre
Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many puts per round

• 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40+
    • you can't seem to put the damn ball in the hole =)

37 for me. Very poor. My low for the season is 32 and my high is 39. I don't make many from outside 10 feet and I miss a lot inside 3 feet.

I'm currently petitioning my wife to turn the back garden into a putting green - she isn't keen.

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

~30 - give or take half a putt...It's going up tho since my GIRs are going up. I should have started only counting Putts Per GIR...honestly putts per round alone isn't a good enough stat. I feel it favors those (like myself) who miss greens but are able to cozy their chip shots close to the hole for a short putt.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Out of the last Twenty 10 footers I've had, I think I've missed all of them. I get on the green about 7-10 times a round, but can maybe convert 1 or 0 of those.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I figure it's about 32. I don't use any software to track my statistics, but I do go through my rounds to calulate fw%, gir%, up-and-down%, and # of putts.

Earlier this year, I found an article from Golf Digest that suggested what your various stats should be based on your handicap.

For putts per round it was:

Handicap - # of Putts
36 - 41
18 - 35
9 - 32
4.5 - 30
Scratch - 29
Tiger - 28.76

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

I usually have 32-33 putts per round. Not at home right now to look up "offically" but that is a pretty good guess.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Out of the last Twenty 10 footers I've had, I think I've missed all of them. I get on the green about 7-10 times a round, but can maybe convert 1 or 0 of those.

While that sounds like a bit of a cool streak and I don't know how tough the greens are where you play I remember reading somewhere that 10% from 10 feet is not bad for an amateur. I also remember reading somewhere that even the pros are at 50% from 10 feet. The better ones anyways.

I've been keeping track of my putts this year and have found it to be bvery consistent. 30 is the low number, and I don't usually go above 33. I have not had 29 or lower yet (been tracking for about a dozen rounds), and I usually have a 3 putt in the mix.

That is pretty much how I have been this year. I depend alot on my short game because my accuracy with mid irons is terrible. =(

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

• Administrator

Soon you won't have to "guess" at those stats:

None

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Soon you won't have to "guess" at those stats:
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
Is that part of scorecard? Where is that located?

You missed the word "Soon," Dent.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I know this isn't how the pros do it but I count putts off the green. I struggled with my putting for a long time and wanted to give myself a true reflection of how good I am with my putter. I took a putting lesson at the start of the year and have definitely seen some progress, specifically in the number of 3 putts I have in a round, have probably reduced the average number from 4/5 to 1/2.

I have worked hard on a routine that I stick to, it's slightly different for longer and shorter putts, but basically revolves around picking a spot to putt to and trusting my brain to putt it to that spot.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

• Administrator
I know this isn't how the pros do it but I count putts off the green.

Unfortunately, that makes your putting stats virtually incomparable to anyone else's.

I've hit my putter from 20 yards off the green before. Doesn't make it a putt just because I used the putter.

Unfortunately, that makes your putting stats virtually incomparable to anyone

I appreciate that, but I am only tracking my putts to monitor how I'm improving not to compare with others

What's in the bag

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

• Administrator
I appreciate that, but I am only tracking my putts to monitor how I'm improving not to compare with others

I'm sure you believe that, but I would suggest you're probably not doing that very well either. Since this discussion is a bit off-topic, I'll simply hope for you that you're tracking a wide range of statistics in addition to the number of times you use the putter. Then again, I doubt you're doing that or you'd have run into trouble already. Not many people miss a green in regulation on a par four, yet "two putt" for a par like you seem "capable" of doing.

Not many people miss a green in regulation on a par four, yet "two putt" for a par like you seem "capable" of doing.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this? There's obviously a big difference in missing a GIR on the fringe and in the thick stuff 10 yards to the side. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one "capable" of two putting from the fringe.

What's in the bag

Irons Ping I10 5-GW

• Administrator
Not sure I understand what you mean by this? There's obviously a big difference in missing a GIR on the fringe and in the thick stuff 10 yards to the side. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one "capable" of two putting from the fringe.

You're missing the point. Because of the choice you've made regarding your "putting," a whole bunch of other statistics are thrown out of whack. One little choice you've made has not only affected your ability to accurately compare your putting to others (be they pros or amateurs), but also your ability to compare other statistics like scrambling, greens in regulation, and so on.

Your "choice" is cascading in ways you may not be foreseeing. If the only stat you track is "putting" and you never compare it to anyone else, I guess there's no downside. And though you're free of course to do whatever you want with your stats, doing what you've chosen to do strikes me as a silly choice to make given the ramifications. In the end, "to each his own," but I was just trying to help you see perhaps a little bigger picture. To get back onto topic a bit, yeah, I encourage everyone to measure their putts when struck from the green. It allows you to compare your stats to others realistically, eliminates the "grey areas" (what about using the putter from a bunker? The rough beside the fringe? The fairway 20 yards short of the green? 15? 10? 5?) and doesn't muck up your other stats.

That's fair enough, I see where you're coming from now. I don't currently track other stats, if I do start doing that then I can see that tracking putts made on the green is the only way to go.

What's in the bag

Irons Ping I10 5-GW

Putting is the worst part of my game. The putting green at my course is awful and doesn't even have the same type of grass as the course greens, so I never use it and resultantly never practice putting. Anyways I'm thinking of splurging for the Z Factor putting machine after reading Iacas' review of it. That way I guess I can practice without relying on the greens themselves, as least for my stroke. The other day I shot 73 (3 over) with 3 three putts. I hit every green in regulation but had no peace of mind because I had no confidence putting. I didn't make one single birdie putt. Yesterday I shot 79 with 6 three putts. Its starting to drive me totally crazy.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!