IGNORED

What The Favre Is Going On???

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was listening to sports radio show yesterday. They were saying that Favre has asked to be released from the Packers. More over he has 3yrs 39 million left in his contract that somebody has to pick-up. I'm thinking that the Detroit Lions are the best midwest team in position to bring on a player like Favre. Lord knows that the Lions could use somebody better than Kitna at the the healm. My concern is that with the Lions piss poor defense, Favre will sustain a career ending injury.

Just telegraphing the future is all, I'm sure most of my idea is sheer babble.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't start the day without 4 mugs of coffee and SportsCenter.

Today's developments indicate that this is getting ugly.
Chris Carter's opinion was the Packers will take him back and hold him at least until training camps are over.
That will keep him out of the hands of anybody they consider a threat.

If the Pack goes that way, it will be a public relations blunder.
Public relations be damned, they'll sell out every game for the rest of my lifetime even if the Jets suit up in the green and gold.

If it ends any way other than Favre starting for the Packers, it's an embarassment for him.
The Ravens? Tampa Bay? The Jets?

Any of those could be worse than Joe Willie going flame-out with the Los Angeles Rams.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I can't start the day without 4 mugs of coffee and SportsCenter.

Im not so sure that it would be a public relations blunder for them to hold Favre until the end of training camp.

If Favre truly does go to another team, the Packer fans will view him as a traitor. No doubt you would see mass public burnings of Favre jerseys. Im sorry, but what Favre is doing shows a real lack of class, IMO. He said he was going to retire, he even cried like a baby during the press conference and now, not even 6 months later he is eager to play again? Gimmie a break! Sounds to me like he wants another Super Bowl ring and doesnt much care what team he gets that with. Hey Brett, perhaps if you didnt throw so many interceptions you would have gotten that Super Bowl ring last year. All too often I heard the Green Bay commentators say the words, "Favre scrambles, rainbows over the middle....INTERCEPTED!!!!"

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

TitleistWI, I'm not arguing for the guy.

The Pack won't take him back as a starter - that seems pretty clear.
Some of the fans will be upset for a while but he cannot hurt that team.
The Packers seem to be the local mass cult.

He screwed up and is going to be embarrassed more than he already is.
The only question remaining for me is will he wise up or take a job on a no-QB team.
He might believe he's going to win a Super Bowl.
I doubt anybody that would sign him plans on anything more than filling seats.
$13,000,000 a year for a forty something QB in a new system?

That works for pitchers. QB is another story.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I was listening to sports radio show yesterday. They were saying that Favre has asked to be released from the Packers. More over he has 3yrs 39 million left in his contract that somebody has to pick-up. I'm thinking that the Detroit Lions are the best midwest team in position to bring on a player like Favre. Lord knows that the Lions could use somebody better than Kitna at the the healm. My concern is that with the Lions piss poor defense, Favre will sustain a career ending injury.

The Lions need someone that can get the ball in Calvin's hands.

(I am a GT fan)

The second he announced his retirement for the 53503819th time earlier this year, I knew he'd come back. It just ain't the same deciding to call it quits right after the season ends rather than waiting to see what it feels like being retired when training camp starts. Favre plays football and he can still play football well. Unless he won the Super Bowl earlier this year, there was no way he'd stay retired after the kind of season he had last year and how close he was to the Super Bowl.

TitleistWI, I'm not arguing for the guy.

Apparently the Packers told Favre that they wont release him from his contract and that if he does rejoin the team, he wont be the starting QB. Wow, thats huge. They used to pretty much worship Favre around here. I can remember a few years back when he was throwing interceptions all the time and a few people made the comment that they should have benched Favre, to which the coach replied, "you cant bench him, he's Brett Favre." Drama, drama, drama. It will be interesting to see what happens now. It sounds like Favre is pretty much done. If they wont release him and wont let him come back as the starting QB, I dont see him coming back. I dont see him being content sitting on the bench, watching Rodgers be the starting QB and basically being Rodgers' mentor/QB coach. I dont think that Favre's ego could handle that.

The second he announced his retirement for the 53503819th time earlier this year, I knew he'd come back. It just ain't the same deciding to call it quits right after the season ends rather than waiting to see what it feels like being retired when training camp starts. Favre plays football and he can still play football well. Unless he won the Super Bowl earlier this year, there was no way he'd stay retired after the kind of season he had last year and how close he was to the Super Bowl.

Yes, he had a great season last year, but it wasnt all Favre. Last season they actually had a decent running game and for once they had more than 1 good reciever for Favre to throw the ball to.

Not to mention the fact that for once they actually had a defense that was halfway decent. Like I said, Favre is a great QB but he isnt a 1 man football team. Without an offensive line to protect him, a running game to open up the passing game, recievers to catch the ball and a defense that can stop the other team from scoring at least some of the time; Favre is nothing.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If Favre is released, he will go to the Vikings.

They have an excellent offensive line, a decent defense, and a great running game. They lack some offensive weapons, but that was Green Bay for a good many years. He also gets to play in a dome for home games. It's an ideal fit, but it's dangerous for GB to let him stay in the NFC.

He would also fit in well in Chicago; they are used to having lots of offensive turnovers with Rex Grossman, except you can count on Favre to throw at least a couple touchdowns during the season. The downside is the outdoor cold of Chicago; Favre is getting old and didn't look at all happy in the playoffs this year. I know he's toughed out the cold for the rest of his career, but at his age and flakiness, I would expect him to opt for a warm locale.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator
I think Favre is making a joke out of himself at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had so much respect for Favre both on and of the field. He is one of my favorite football players ever. I'll never forget the Monday night game when his dad died and he was just chucking it up. His receivers really came through that night, they snagged everything that he threw.

I hope he doesn't pull a Reggie White, retire - come back, retire - comeback, rinse repeat. His reputation and the fans deserve better.

I had so much respect for Favre both on and of the field. He is one of my favorite football players ever. I'll never forget the Monday night game when his dad died and he was just chucking it up. His receivers really came through that night, they snagged everything that he threw.

Well put! Personally I wish sports writers would talk about something else, they have me changing the channel everytime I hear his name now. Just let me know when something is final, and more than speculation and blabbering about text messages....

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

If Favre is released, he will go to the Vikings.

Theres one big problem with that, Favre has never played well in domes. Favre uses the hard count a lot and with how loud it is inside of a dome because of how the sound echoes, it makes it almost impossible for him to use that effectively.

Thats a good one. How about the game last season against Denver where Favre threw the hail mary in the first play of OT. Game over, good night, see ya later!

I hope he doesn't pull a Reggie White, retire - come back, retire - comeback, rinse repeat. His reputation and the fans deserve better.

I think he's already on that road. The ESPN2 ticker yesterday said that the Packers disclosed that Farve had talked to the Packers about his comeback in March, that they had reached terms, but that Farve changed his mind 2 days before the press announcement.

so the packers have said they won;t release him. i think thats a good thing. i understand that he is a legend, but giving him the right to go anywhere is just stupid on the buisness side of things. if he went to another NFC North team, how would they feel if they lost twice to him?

i think he's going to stay retired, be a backup, or get traded. if he gets traded, at least the packers get something back. and he can end his career like Montana, Namath, and Jonny U did.

as a bear fan, even i respected him and his legacy. but if he decides he wants to still start elsewhere, instead of the Wisconsin State Journal praising him on the front page and thanking him for the great years, page C6 of the sports page will say "Favre Retires"

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Apparently some Packer fans have been protesting outside of Lambeu Field chanting, "bring back Brett".
They claim that they hope to pressure the Packers into reinstating Favre as the starting QB. Im guessing that probably aint gonna happen...

Apparently some Packer fans have been protesting outside of Lambeu Field chanting, "bring back Brett".

yeah, if bret ends up starting (the chance of that happening are near zero) then rodgers should demand a trade. i'd be tired of being jerked around

and then packer fans would get their wish of favre back for a year and then the packers would turn into the bears with no qb when brett calls it quits for real

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I feel sorry for Aaron Rodgers. If I were him I'd be happy that the Packers seem to be behind me, but would still be a little worried that they might cave in and let Brett back for one more season (or more for that matter). I wouldn't feel safe about my job until Brett was under contract with another team.

It really is too much now. Brett has gone back and forth on retirement every day it seems for the last couple years. Make a decision, stick with it, and quit leaving the Packers hung out to dry while you make your decisions (and then renege on them).

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!