IGNORED

"The Little Red Book" (and His Other Books) by Harvey Penick

iacas

I had heard this before but didn't know where it came from-I'm going to improve my score quicker through reducing mistakes than by getting birdies.

The other was an observation that I will always practice the things I am good at, rather than those things I should be practicing 

Good tidbits to remember

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Finished the green book in Feb. Didn't think it compared to TLRB. Due to Covid, picked it up again last week. Must have been in the mood for Penick. Been golfing. My go to City course is open, with covid changes of course. The last two rounds, just didn't feel relaxed. Thinking too much. Read something in the green book that talked about just swinging the club and getting the ball in the hole. Felt much better the last round on Saturday. Thought about Penick after two different par 3 tee shots, both landing in the bunker. First time in a couple of years I blasted them out properly and saved par. Gotta remember to just swing the golf club and get it in the hole.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Mucked around for years playing every few years. Busted my knee and was told golf was OK so went down to a social comp. First round 118 with (somehow) a birdie on 18.
    • I think about 130, I have good hand eye coordination so improved quite quickly as I was a good Hockey player. 
    • Shot an 80 Saturday. This upcoming Wednesday would make a month since playing last. New job and change in the routine and golf has taken a back seat. I was streaky. Had some really good stretches and a couple mental breaks. Short game wasn’t good which is expected.   opened up double at one and a bogey at 2. No surprise there. 3 i blistered one off the tee and hit my wedge to 6 inches for a tap in. At 4 I blister another and hit another pretty good approach to 6 feet. Tried to Kevin Na the putt since I did think I made it. Stayed out on the high side tho. Still after a 2 putt par at 5 I’m 2 over after that awful start. Heard some really mediocre cursing while I was addressing my tee shot at 6. Was laughable that some guy yelled Jesus Christmas or something like that and I should have backed off. Ended up worm burning a short drive and hybrid layup to awkward yardage led to double at 6 then another double at 8 hurt. Ho hum par at 8 and 9 for a 6 over front: 3 doubles. I usually don’t make doubles. Seldom 3 in 9. Back was nothing spectacular: pars at 10-11. Bogeys at 12-13. Par at 14. 15-16 I was tired and could feel it. Still doesn’t excuse a 3 putt and then a bogey from a tee shot that left me 70 in. Pars at 17-18. There is some positive things to take from that round given the layoff I guess/
    • Day 49: Worked on priority piece, mostly slow rehearsals, and hit 6 balls with 7-iron. Also did short game COVID-19 day 6/7 drills. 
    • Things I learned on my first 18... If there's a group playing behind you and you feel like your rushing because of it, it's better to let them play through.  [After I did that, I landed my next 3 tee shots on the green (3 chances for birdie and 3 chances at par... missed all six shots 🤪). I need to work on my putting and chipping.  This is where I can really lower my score.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Nevsteve
      Nevsteve
      (62 years old)
    2. Pab4141
      Pab4141
      (28 years old)
    3. rdpoffenberger
      rdpoffenberger
      (36 years old)
    4. Salem Golfer
      Salem Golfer
      (56 years old)
    5. stothemc
      stothemc
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...