IGNORED

Hello from East Tennessee

Tha Fuzzy 1
Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everybody, my name is Frank. I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago when looking for some information about the new putter that I bought (Odyssey Tri Ball SRT) I played golf often as a teenager. After some moves and life changes, I didn't play the game for about 10 years, until I decided to pick up a starter set at Dick's Sporting Goods last year. I've been playing pretty regularly since then, at least once a week, sometimes twice. I am slowly replacing the starter set with better clubs, I bought a used set of Ping Zing Irons (3-PW, with a Ping Eye 2 SW thrown in there).

I'm driving on I-81 up to the Syracuse, NY area in a couple weeks (in Syracuse July 24th-27th) to play golf. I plan on playing courses on the way up and the way back, the one course I'm looking forward to playing is at Green Lakes State Park in Fayetteville, its one of the first courses that Robert Trent Jones Sr. ever designed. I played it once last year and it was such a nice track, I loved it. If anybody knows of any other courses I should look to play in the area, I'd love to know. If anybody would like a playing partner, I'd be more than willing to. I'm an okay player, I shoot in the upper 80s at the courses around here, tougher courses (Bear Trace at Harrison Bay for example) I'm up in the 90s.

Anyhoo, I enjoy this site, and hope to become an active member of the community.

Hi Fuzzy ,your sure to get that handicap down playing twice a week, good luck!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Welcome from a fellow Vol!
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Knoxville member here. I bet there are more of us on here

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

Greeneville here. When people don't know, I say its halfway between Neyland Stadium and Bristol Motor Speedway. They have a good idea then.

Grew up in Maryville but live in Cookeville now for college. Lots of nice courses in the Knoxville area. Willow Creek, River Islands, Centennial, Egwani Farms, Three Ridges. The first two are my favorites in the area. But Millstone, Patriot Hills, and Graysburg Hills are some more favorites, just a bit further north.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Freddie,

Grew up in Maryville but live in Cookeville now for college. Lots of nice courses in the Knoxville area. Willow Creek, River Islands, Centennial, Egwani Farms, Three Ridges. The first two are my favorites in the area. But Millstone, Patriot Hills, and Graysburg Hills are some more favorites, just a bit further north.

Fiji mentioned some of the better ones around here. Honestly I do all I can to avoid Dead Horse. Just not worth the money you pay IMHO.

I also enjoy Avalon in Lenior City and Ruggles Ferry on the east end of Knoxville. I grew up in Maryville too and I like playing Egwani Farms out that way.

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

Hey Fuzzy Graysburg Hills is great and an excellent value. 27 holes and nationally ranked in some magazine for some year....specific huh? On up 81 around Wytheville, VA is a course called Draper Valley. Not far off of the Interstate, but a challenging and well kept course. Or it was 8 years ago.

Fiji mentioned some of the better ones around here. Honestly I do all I can to avoid Dead Horse. Just not worth the money you pay IMHO.

Man, I can't believe I forgot those two. I always play Ruggles Ferry when I'm home. Very nice course that is maturing well for only being around a few years now. Avalon is super nice too and always presents a headache for me for some reason.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

• 3 weeks later...
man, there are a lot of people from Tn on here! its awesome, by the way, i live in Greeneville and im new here also, and to golf, ive been playing for 4 years but never have been that good and just started playing weekly a few weeks ago

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

Another G Vegas memeber! What do yo know? Regular at AJ here. Went 79,80 from the whites this weekend. I'm so stoked. We should start a TN sandtrap club.

The last figure I heard was $600ish a year. Now don't take that as the gospel truth and it may have went up. Of course that wouldn't cover your cart fees. I need to check back into that as I spend way too much $ there anyway. I need to find out and do the math to see if I would save, I probably would. But they may not offer it anymore.

Note: This thread is 5739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!