IGNORED

going to golfTech tomorrow to get my swing analyzed

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't realize I had a golfTech 5 minutes from my work! haha, that's the beauty of working in Southfield, MI .. there's like everything here. So I setup an appointment tomorrow.

I havn't had my swing analyzed in about 10 years, I guesstimate on my clubhead speed, launch angle, etc..

I mainly wanted to do this to get a good reccomendation for a driver shaft for my new G10 .. lets see what happens :)

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Sean,

I live in Canton. What is this running you if you don't mind me asking. I know Carl's Golfland and Mile of Golf does the same type of thing. I haven't heard of golfTech though.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

golfTech I think is simply a teaching place and has an indoor swing analyzer .. I saw an add on golfsmith.com for $25 for a 30 minute analysis and that's what I'm doing.

I havn't tried Carl's or Miles of Golf before. I worked in shops back in '96, '97 that had golf simulators .. but I don't think they measured clubhead speed and launch angle, just ball flight patterns.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

So how did it go? What were you're impressions?

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

it's not until today at lunch :) i'll post a reply though this afternoon.

Sean

What's in the bag:

I have had a GolfTek Swing Analyzer system for 4 years. It uses the GTV-1 and Pro-Grafix programs. System cost back then was $19,700 and I charged $75 an hour. Each Video lesson consisted of approximately 30 captured swings with analysis and suggestions, plus a disc with their swings attached. Also, a side by side comparison with either a computer swing model or a Professionals swing.
I have used this system for everyone from 8 year olds to Tour pros, males and females. It is so worth the time, but my suggestion is to not take your swings (on a disc or tape)and look at a bad swing. Only bad swing thoughts can come of that. I did try to only copy the students best swings.
Unfortunately now I have retired and only use the system for my best friends and myself. Maybe I'll sell it one day.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

well .. just got back.

It was rather interesting. Teacher was very knowledgeable .. just showed me the bells and whistles of the thing .. had me hit a few shots .. got me on tape .. compared me to tour players .. pretty much the whole swing, plane, impact zone, when I release the club, etc...

They put you in this little harness thing that you really can't feel that your wearing, it has sensors around your shoulders, as well as waist.. it measures shoulder angles, waist angles, all that good stuff.

Overall my swing was pretty good .. 6 iron club speed was 90, 115 ball speed.

let me do a few drivers after, club head speed right around 115, ball speed 145.

My tendency was I was bent over a little too much at the waiste, about 25 - 30 degrees instead of 10 - 15 .. I released the club just a little early at impact which had me dead even on loft instead of a little ahead of the ball, and I had about an 80 degree shoulder turn instead of 90 - 100.

a few things to work on :)

Sean

What's in the bag:

Would you go back and spend money on lessons there?

Kevin

-------
In the Bag

yeah I would .. if I really needed help .. I'm too the point where if I can get it analyzed by a pro I can work most of it out on my own ..

but the guys really were nice, and knowledgeable .. would definately be worth it.

Sean

What's in the bag:

Who was your instructor? I went to the Soutfield location back in April and thought it was a great visit. The instructor did the same thing he did for you and gave me some tips that I worked on. I had a terrible posture and I have been working on it all summer and so far things have been great.

• Administrator
let me do a few drivers after, club head speed right around 115, ball speed 145.

a few things to work on :)

Is better contact one of those things? With swing speed of 115, ball speed could be as high as about 170. 145 is a smash factor of only 1.26.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

your right, it was registering up there, the 145 might have been my 6 iron.. i had a swing speed with my 6 iron of about 90mph.

Sean

What's in the bag:

Note: This thread is 5781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!