IGNORED

New Nike Victory Line

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not biased at all against Nike. I just haven't liked their clubs for me. And I STARTED this thread! If you're going to make a claim that people who say the drivers/clubs sound like crap can't hit them... then look at my handicap and tell me that I can't hit the club.

First off I never ever made the claim that people that think the drivers sound like crap can't hit them. I never said that at all. Not sure where you got that. I just called out people that won't hit them or use them BECAUSE of their sound. Which I think is kind of a goofy reason not to hit a club. Who really cares what a club sounds like? If it works for you and you can hit the crap out of the ball off the tee w/ it, who really cares? And like I said before, hey, its an attention getter. And I never spoke for Slingshot irons either, I personally think they're kinda ugly and wasn't really thrilled with them, and thats why I don't use them. And you bet, those other clubs you mentioned I have no doubt are a superior club. So no, I'm not biased.

And I think your dead on about Nike w/ what you said about the company. And yes, I agree that some just don't hit them as well as other kinds of clubs and all of that. I have no problem what so ever w/ that. Where I have a problem is when people brush Nike off w/ their unfair "assessments" of them and won't even give them a chance. Thats my only issue. Other than that I think were on the same page.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I never ever made the claim that people that think the drivers sound like crap can't hit them. I never said that at all. Not sure where you got that. I just called out people that won't hit them or use them BECAUSE of their sound. Which I think is kind of a goofy reason not to hit a club. Who really cares what a club sounds like? If it works for you and you can hit the crap out of the ball off the tee w/ it, who really cares? And like I said before, hey, its an attention getter. And I never spoke for Slingshot irons either, I personally think they're kinda ugly and wasn't really thrilled with them, and thats why I don't use them. And you bet, those other clubs you mentioned I have no doubt are a superior club. So no, I'm not biased.

You carry almost 100% Nike products, so I think you might be a little biased. But thats okay, we all are towards the products we believe in. As for the thing about the sound. I can tell you from a personal point of you, that it does matter. I have the only driver in the world that sounds worse than the 07 Nike. That is my Cobra. And I hit it better than any driver I have ever had. But you know what, I am in the market again for a new one. Because the sound is annoying to me. Its kind of like the comfy shirt that everyone has, but it looks terrible. Same kind of thing.

Their irons? ok, they're catching up. But are you going to tell me that you'd rather swing a slingshot iron compared to let's say a MX-25, an AP1, R7, etc? then you my friend are biased.

How is wanting to hit one club over another club a bias? Its a preference. Everyone likes certain clubs over another, and liking Nike, or any other brand for that matter, doesn't make you biased.

Back to the topic, I actually think that pictures is either fake, or that is a really early prototype. The way the picture looks, and the fact that is the ONLY picture of them(no pictures of Kai actually swinging them where you can see the back of the club) makes me think they're fake. And common sense makes me think they wont come out with an iron that looks like that. Some of nikes irons have looked a little questionable, i.e Sumo irons, but that just doesn't look Nike.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

What is the definition of bias? Bias is simply each person's unique predisposition of how to see the world. It is our own prejudice in thinking when we are confronted with new events

Everyone is slightly biased towards the things they like and dislike. But if someone plays all one brand, it would be hard to say they are not biased towards that brand.

What is the definition of bias? Bias is simply each person's unique predisposition of how to see the world. It is our own prejudice in thinking when we are confronted with new events

I'm biased towards Josh's bag. That think looks like a Cadillac for clubs!

but back to the VR line, I would really hope that those aren't the pics for the 2nd set of the VR line, b/c they're kind of GROSS. I don't know what's worse..the "could be" VR line from that pic, or the MP52's. and I love mizuno & all, but those MP 52's are GROSS! the lines that the club takes on are just ugly. The Nike ones that were posted could possibly be better looking than those 52's. And I really hope that the black and red aren't as evident in the final production model. Everyone can wear whatever they want as long as they're dressed for golf... but how many people do you see wearing red on Sunday's on the course? There's A LOT of that over here.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Maybe, just maybe we should all wait till the release of these clubs before we bash or praise them.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I'm biased towards Josh's bag. That think looks like a Cadillac for clubs!

Thanks. It stays on the cart thank goodness. When we play other courses, I use an Ogio bag.

Hey dont go hating on the Slingshots...I happen to own a very nice set of Nike Slingshot OSS and besides the look(yes they are pretty ugly) they are the best irons for the price (399) at Dicks. But hey Im not bias to Nike at all...Just check out my bag!! HAHA

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

I did try the King Cobras but to me the Slingshots really get the ball in the air alot quicker and higher and the forgiviness is SILLY!! and for someone shooting in the low 90's you need that!

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

• 2 weeks later...
So i got my hands on the new Nike VR Wedge (VR stands for Victory Red) through my cousin who works for nike. This wedge is the new version of the SV wedge and it was in Tiger's bag for the US Open. Plain and simple it is going to be in my bag ASAP. This is a forged wedge that comes in a varity of bounce options, but unlike the SV it only comes in chrome (for now). The sand wedge felt so good out of the sand and from the rough. It was very versitile and extremely forgiving. It has a great feel and the ball bites on the green. This wedge, when it comes out this fall or next year, is gonna give your wedge a run for its money.

ON THE WAY NEW NIKE FORGED IRONS- CANT WAIT!!!!!

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

Hey I though the same until I played a round with a guy using one. The sound is horrible. I would never hit a ball with that. Edit: not so much the normal one but the new square one is probably the culprit.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!