IGNORED

Switching to Titleist ProV1.

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm finished with buying balls that are on sale.I have been using the same box of wilson hyper ti for 5 rounds and counting, so I'm not loosing many balls. I recently played a back nine with a spare pro-vi (that I found in the range bucket).

The ProV1 off the tee it was pretty much like any other ball. On the fringe and on the green, however it was ethereal. Seriously. It checked and held. Flew and grabbed like on TV. Putting: there is a line already on the ball!

Is their anything the prov1 doesn't do- except use cup seeking technology now in play at the Area 51 Country Club?

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

Is their anything the prov1 doesn't do- except use cup seeking technology now in play at the Area 51 Country Club?

Yes, it does lose length on irons IF you don't have a high swing speed.

Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

I do have a high swing speed, so I cannot really tell the difference. I like to use them when I am playing in tournaments, but a lot of the time when I am practicing on the course, I hit a bunch of balls especially off the tee, so I do not use them a whole lot there. I normally use a NXT Tour when I am practicing. They are a little cheaper incase I loose some of them off the tee.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

I agree with the original poster. As our short game improves, we can tell the difference between a hard 2 piece ball and premium balls. I've tried most of the premium balls and like the new Pro V1's over the others.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

if you have a high ss, you should be able to compress the ball so the prov should actually go a little longer b/c of its compression. around the greens..you can be more creative with it. i've been able to check the ball out of the rough at times. it's just all around an excellent ball to play. and at $29.99 for the "practice" prov's... that pretty much screams..play me..play me
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

"The ProV1 off the tee it was pretty much like any other ball. On the fringe and on the green, however it was ethereal. Seriously. It checked and held. Flew and grabbed like on TV. Putting: there is a line already on the ball!"

What you say here is correct, but not exclusive to the pro v1. Most premium/tour balls respond very similar. I find the bridgestone b330 very similar to the pro v1. I've also been playing the nike one black and find that spins a little too much.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I have played the Pro V1's this season almost exclusively and have noticed the same thing. It plays great around and on the green. I have a slower swing speed and dont think I have noticed a big,or any loss in distance. I have read that you can gain distance with harder balls,but I would still rather have the feel then the distance.
I buy the Pro V1 Xouts at Dick's for $29.99 and there is usually a coupon you can use to get them even cheaper. They look great and play just fine for me.

On a side note, I have played the Wilson Staff Fifty ball the last couple of rounds and have been pretty impressed with that ball and I have heard they are cheap enough.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I got given a dz Pro V1s last year with a new set. I didn't start using them until recently and I'm really liking them. It's the short game that I also notice it the most; tonight I had a couple of 30-50 yard pitches with my lob wedge that checked after one bounce, amazing control and something I don't get with the other premium balls like the Taylor Made TP Red.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

"The ProV1 off the tee it was pretty much like any other ball. On the fringe and on the green, however it was ethereal. Seriously. It checked and held. Flew and grabbed like on TV. Putting: there is a line already on the ball!"

The

Black spins too much?! I don't know about that, they're pretty 'rockish' compared to other balls.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

The

I always thought the, "black" was designed for less spin than the Platinum.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I always thought the, "black" was designed for less spin than the Platinum.

It is.

That's why I'm confused.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

check out the pro v1x. its a 4 piece ball and will give you a bit more distance off the irons if you lose some with the pro v1. plus it still acts right around the green.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

won't titleist be releasing a new ball soon? i can't wait for that.

I would assume in October.

They better do something special, they're starting to disappoint.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood

Pro v1 is a great ball for slower swing speeds. If you swing over 105mph, go with the v1x because it compresses more and as a result your distance will be better. The feel around the greens is not as soft as the v1, but it is still very soft. Both are great balls, but you should hit both to see which fits your game better because there really is a difference.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

I use refurbished prov1x's and they are just as good as new balls. I can not tell the difference other than a logo here and there and some minor imprefections. If you google "Prov1x used" you get to places like lostgolfballs.com and golfballplanet.com which are great. They grade the balls and the higher the grade, the closer to "new" cost you pay.

The term refurbished is a nice way of saying: we fish balls out of lakes or buy them off golf courses/individuals that recover lost balls and then sell them back to you. They also claim to have these huge machines that polish and clean balls to make them refurbished, but who knows. Excellent way to get the best balls for a better price.

I would be interested to hear from someone who has had a bad experience with refurbished balls.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

Play the Taylormade TP Black LDP. Absolutley the best ball on the market. Out-performs the ProV1 in every aspect. It's even a few $ cheaper than the ProV1.

------------------------------------------

In my R7 stand bag:

Driver: TP Tour Burner 9.5 degree (Fuji Rombax 75 stiff)
3-Wood: X-Tour 13 degree (Fuji 757 stiff)
3-PW: rac MB irons (Rifle 6.5)
G-Wedge: rac Wedge 52 degree
S-Wedge: Z TP Black 56 degree
L-Wedge: Z TP Black 60 degree
Putter: Heavy Putter G3-DF
Balls: TP Black LDP

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!