IGNORED

Scramble foursome: How would you feel?

Grogger31
Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

TJY355,

Actually, I'm NOT playing in my boss' foursome. I should actually have mentioned that I've worked at my company over 10 years and get along with my boss great. He takes me out a few times a year to his country club and is a good guy. I've played in this same tournament for the last 7 years or so and have only played in his foursome one time. I agree that scrambles aren't competitive because people cheat (which annoys the hell out of me ... I don't know about you guys). But, it makes it easier to boo at them when they have four 30 handicaps and come in 16-under. LOL.
try to use the drives of the 30 and the 80 as soon as possible

Ha Ha Ha. Ain't that the truth! I like how you said "the 80".

I've betting I end up riding with Stephanie too and hear things like "I usually play SO much better than this, jeez!"

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Id be fine with that. Id have fun regardless of how well or how poorly we did. As long as it didnt end up like my employer's yearly golf outing (where almost no one know how to play golf and they just show up to drink free beer and act like idiots on the golfcarts), Id enjoy myself.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

do it... it's a free round and scrambles are supposed to be fun... if the tourney meant anything (or had any serious prizes) dont you think he'd be looking for some aces for the team

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I'd say get over yourself and remember that this is a corporate outing, not some PGA-sanctioned event. This is an opportunity to network and bond with your fellow corporate employees.

If it bothers you that much, you could always tell your boss "no". Then, you can mull over whether you just killed your corporate career and any potential of upward mobility.

I do not have the greatest self-confidence in the world.
I sometimes even believe people will think less of me when I hit the ball spasmodically all day and throw in a few three putts.
I have been reassured by my friends that they still like me after posting another 90 something.

Go play.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

rogerhuang,

If you read the subject of the post it contained the question "How would you feel?", not "Would you play?"

Of course I'm going to play. Not because of my "corporate career", but because I like and respect my boss, I'm extremely appreciative of his generosity, and I'm a complete golf *****.

The purpose of the post was to gauge if others would have even felt the SLIGHTEST twinge of disappoinment at their foursome.

OK, so we played yesterday in the scramble I described in this thread, so I thought I'd post a follow-up. First, let me preface this by saying:

1. The course was beautiful and as nice as I'd expected. Well worth the wait.
2. We had a really good time, which is what it's all about.
3. Turns out there was no "mixed" division, so we were competing with everyone. We finished 3-under which was WAY out of the prizes.

Jim turned out to be a 7 handicap and played very well.
I played poorly, but helped out a bit.
Mike played like a 30+ handicap.

Now, we come to Stephanie. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Stephanie. She's a very nice woman, but without question the WORST golfer I've ever seen play, and I've seen some bad golfers.

The two drives we had to use of hers went 30 and 40 yards respectively. Good thing we used them when we did, because they were the only drives we found of hers all day. Just a few highlights:

1. She swung and missed 3 times on the 8th tee ... one time taking a divot at least 4 inches deep.

2. She went to the 11th tee, put her tee in the ground, took 2 practice swings and finally figured out at address that she didn't bring a ball with her.

3. She it a 4 foot uphill putt 28 feet past the hole! It was an UPHILL putt! It was the closest to the pin hole so there was a tape measure there. As she walked back to the cart, I secretly measured how far she went past. Luckily it was a 30-foot tape.

As already stated, it was fun and she certainly made it memorable. Holy %!#$%!#$!

My dad came home from a golf outing yesterday. At the ones he goes to they give him a bunch of free stuff and he loves golf. I got a new shoe bag(all leather with a furry inside),2 sleeves of titlest, 50 tees, and a really neat little water bottle holder.

He said he had a blast and it was a scramble. Hey any golf is good golf in my eyes especially if its free.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

On the original story:
I'm sure the dude deserved an insult relating his self-concept to what he really is.

Unfortunately, he was your buddy's boss.
That may be a time even I would bite my lip.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

OK, so we played yesterday in the scramble I described in this thread, so I thought I'd post a follow-up. First, let me preface this by saying:

Sounds like Stephanie had never set foot on a course....but as long as everyone had fun thats what its all about.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Actually, she plays every tuesday in a Woman's league and according to her she played "five rounds just to prepare for the tournament".

I wish you guys could have been there to see it. It was like the train wreck that you can't help but watch.

Actually, she plays every tuesday in a Woman's league and according to her she played "five rounds just to prepare for the tournament".

Oh man. I'm far from being good but if she played 5 rounds to get ready maybe she should have played a couple more.

Atleast everyone had fun right? I've got my company scrammble coming up Friday. I'm interested to see who I'm teamed up with. I know it will be me, my cousin (who is nursing a kidney stone but is dedicated to playing) and 2 unknowns. Should be fun.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

First and foremost, I would definitely play. I would feel grateful that my boss would even invite me to play. I'd enjoy it, and try to make some new friends in the process.

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

its free and at a nice course....no brainer for me...im in!

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

Oh, I almost forgot (Mike just reminded me) ...

Stephanie swung and missed while PUTTING! (he he)

Oh, I almost forgot (Mike just reminded me) ...

Well, you've really got to wind up for those 4' uphill putts.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!