IGNORED

Tiger's Challengers? Who Among These?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So Phil (World #2) goes to the Scottish Open to "tune up" for The Open... shoots +2 on Sunday and finishes tied for 37th.

Adam Scott (World #4) tied for the lead on Sunday, drops 6 shots over about 4 holes and finishes tied for 25th.

Els (World #5)... never a factor; shoots a nice 69 on Sunday to finish tied for 9th.

Honorable mention: Westwood (World #19), who came oh so close to getting into the playoff at the US Open (but guaranteed he would not be in the playoff by leaving his last birdie putt well short) three putts from 4 feet Sunday and melts down quickly.

This is what Tiger is up against? He could beat them with a broken leg... wait, he already did that!

SubPar

Honestly, it's a battle for 2nd place when Tiger is on his game. There is no one even close to his level.

Scott has the swing and the game, but can't get it together all the time. Which is a shame because he is so talented.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

Honestly, it's a battle for 2nd place when Tiger is on his game. There is no one even close to his level.

This man speaks the truth.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

it's sad to think that no one is talented to enough to even come close to woods when he is playing well. it will be a sad day when he does retire.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I seriously think Scott is developing the congenital y-disease. Before he's a contender he needs to chill on the greens.

It's ugly watching him roll the ball, from any distance. His stroke is pure, but so what?
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

I think Anthony Kim is gonna win a major b/f the end of 2009...mark my words
Even though his putting was off @ the Open, (first Open btw) he's normally pretty good with the blade. Plus, he's learning how to win while Tiger's not around.

I think Anthony Kim is gonna win a major b/f the end of 2009...mark my words

Definately Anthony Kim . I watched him on the range and followed his group (Immleman & Hanson) over 7-8 holes last Thursday / Friday at Birkdale and he's a tremendous striker of the ball and looks to have bags of confidence. For someone playing in The Open for the 1st time, in those conditions and finishing T7 - that's seriously good . He's my pick for the PGA Championship in 2 weeks...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

There is no challenger for Tiger - but Kim may give it a run. He seems hungary.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

If Daly could get his head on straight and practice he would be up there with he best, hes got so much natural talent, and some super soft hands around the green.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I've taken heat for this comment before when I've said it elsewhere, but I think that Phil is every bit as talented as Tiger is, he just doesn't have the mentality and focus that Tiger does.

If Phil played smart and didn't always have to try and hit some miracle shot, he'd have a lot more majors and tournament wins under his belt.

Anthony Kim may eventually be able to compete with him, maybe as early as next year...but I doubt it. Unless Tiger starts to slow down, I just don't see anyone close to him at this moment.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!