IGNORED

slow play is getting serious in the NW

xTsUnAmI
Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

you know what pisses me off so much about slow play, it's how people freakin respond to it, like they are in such a freakin hurry to get somewhere else (when they are probably just going home to cut the grass or if your married like me just do something else on the honey do list)...

who really cares if it takes 4hrs to play 18? if you have small children like me and work swing shift as well, 4 hrs out on a course is a heaven sent relaxing time to just refuel and retool sort of say from other pressures.....

to actually come to blows or like this is taking a simple game like Golf to far to the extreme......what a shame imho, didn't these idiots ever hear of letting the group behind play through?, that's all it takes to solve the issue, not clubbing someone over the head.....

• Administrator
you know what pisses me off so much about slow play, it's how people freakin respond to it, like they are in such a freakin hurry to get somewhere else (when they are probably just going home to cut the grass or if your married like me just do something else on the honey do list)...

One of the primary reasons people give up golf is because they don't have the time for it. Golf is a six-hour adventure these days, and that's if you only spend a few minutes warming up and live relatively close to the course.

It's ego-centric and selfish to put your value judgments about how someone else should spend their time. I'm not suggesting everyone run around the golf course, but I also don't care for the people who say "I paid my money and I'll take as long as I want." (Nor am I saying you're one of those people, particularly since you're responding primarily to a case where someone clearly got way too enraged.) Also, I think four hours (and by that I don't mean 4:15, 4:30, or 5:44) is reasonable. Problem is, too many people with the "who cares, lighten up" approach see no problem with playing in FIVE hours, not four. And playing through is often not really an option. If there's "nowhere to go," it simply slows everyone down. If there's room ahead, by all means... We crusaded pretty hard on slow play last year here at TST: http://thesandtrap.com/site_news/slo...week_2k7_recap

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What happened to patience? Don't play golf if you're in a hurry.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

One of the primary reasons people give up golf is because they don't have the time for it. Golf is a six-hour adventure these days, and that's if you only spend a few minutes warming up and live relatively close to the course.

your entitled to your opinion about (my ego) that's fine, and as well this is a place to voice opinions so I will mine, people like you who carry a low cap walk around thinking that the (Course) belongs to you and that all the world should stand in awe of you....and that regardless of time and day (Saturday & Sunday) you should play 18 in 3hrs.... thank you for your warm comments though, I'll be sure to place you on my Christmas Card list....

your entitled to your opinion about (my ego) that's fine, and as well this is a place to voice opinions so I will mine, people like you who carry a low cap walk around thinking that the (Course) belongs to you and that all the world should stand in awe of you....and that regardless of time and day (Saturday & Sunday) you should play 18 in 3hrs....

It has nothing to do with your handicap, it has everything to do with respect of the other golfers on the course. Look at the scorecards at golf courses. Most of them have acceptable times listed for a round. Most range between 4 hrs - 4:30. Most of the slow play is due to inexperience. I dont want a speed round at all.

Every weekend I always see golfers who can barely hit the ball, taking 4 -5 practice swings, then proceed to hit the ball about 50 yards. No offense, but if you are a newer (high handicap golfer)and can't hit the ball, at least keep pace. I am not out there to watch you practice your swing 5 times before you swing. Little things can be done like bringing multiple clubs with you if you are in a cart to your ball. Lining your putts up while everyone else is putting. Keeping an extra ball in your pocket. Etc I view course pace like the driving. If everyone goes the speed limit, its smooth. If you are going slower a traffic jam arises. Dont be that car.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I view course pace like the driving. If everyone goes the speed limit, its smooth. If you are going slower a traffic jam arises. Dont be that car.

This is a good analogy. Let's hope we don't have more road rage on the course

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

A guy that worked for one of my customer's broke a pool stick over a guy's head in a small bar and sent him to the hospital with cuts; he got a year or two in the clink. Aggravated or not, I would expect this offender to get approx. the same.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

"...he was going to solve the problem by introducing some sort of weapon"

Right, the solver of all problems.

Although I have wondered what would be the best club for a weapon. Wouldn't a SW be better than a 6i?

i wonder if this guy will ask for the Notah Begay treatment if he ends up in jail

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!