IGNORED

Open Press Conferences

albatross
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone else been watching these? I almost feel bad for the other guys in the field. They all have to answer 25 Tiger questions before they even get to talk about their game and their thoughts on the championship.

I like Tiger a lot but I do get sick of him being talked about so much when he's not EVEN THERE! You could literally see the relief on Ernie's face in his press conference. Most of the guys handled the Tiger questions well, but I don't blame Furyk, Westwood, and Sergio for saying that no one person is bigger than the Open.

I do disagree with these guys though, that no one will remember this is the year Tiger wasn't there. EVERYONE will remember that Tiger wasn't here.

How could you not remember if you're a golf fan??? We talk about the guy more than anyone else even when he's not playing. It does just show what an impact this guy has had on the game.

Ya you could tell they were annoyed by this.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I liked Lee Westwoods response as he stated: "why bother speaking about someone whom isn't here playing in the Event when the Event is the biggest in the World.....far more important then anyone 1 player".......

I thought Phil Mickelson had an interesting way of dealing with the Tiger questions. Every time someone asked him, he just repeated his game plan, what he had been working on, etc.

It was very obvious that he was intentionally doing it (I believe he was trying to be obvious), but the reporters persisted with the Tiger questions (for example, "Do you think this year's winner should have an asterisk by their name because of Tiger's absence?" ). When someone finally just flat out asked "Could you comment on Tiger's absence?", Phil simply responded with "I could ."

I'm sick of hearing the questions so I can only imagine how bad it is for the players. I understand maybe asking a couple of players one question about Tiger but this is ridiculous.

I'm also getting really sick of listening to all this asterisk crap. Part of playing sports is staying healthy, which Tiger is not right now.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Enough about Tiger already. Tiger has become the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys of golf. Every teenager and unknowledgeable woman is a Tiger, Yankee, and Cowboy fan.

(Notice I said "unknowledgable" woman. No flames please, I love all my golfing lady friends.)

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Enough about Tiger already. Tiger has become the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys of golf. Every teenager and unknowledgeable woman is a Tiger, Yankee, and Cowboy fan.

, reading your response just made me because your exactly right....you nailed that 1....

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!