IGNORED

Driving

Hoovedawg
Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If someone said you had to pick one of these three options for your driving, which would you pick. Distances are carry+roll.

1) Usually 240-260 yards relativley controled fade that can turn into a slice some days. Occasionally 280-300 yard bomb when you catch one right. Moderatly high ball flight.

2) 225-235 yards straight with occasional slight fade or draw under 10 yards either way. Rarely hit over 245. Low to medium ball flight.

3) 200-220 yards almost always straight but sometimes pushed or pulled. Occasionally over 240 but not often. Very high ball flight.

So which would you all pick. I explain this further after i see which option you all pick.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
Halo 19 Degree Hybrid Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

Would have been nice to see a poll, but id pick #2 anyday.

Who needs the bombs when you've got the accuracy!

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

#2. There are no benefits to #3 over #2, and I hate slicing.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

2 all the way. 1 sounds like me. it goes...but i do have a mishit here and there and i'm in the shitter!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Would have been nice to see a poll, but id pick #2 anyday.

My bad about not having the poll i didnt think of it when i wrote this.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff
BH-5 3-PW Stiff SV Tour 52 Degree Stiff Rac Chrome 56 Degree Stiff Scotty Cameron Oil Can Santa Fe 33" Burner

I would say I fall into the first cat plus the occasional hook,topped shot,skywards (wait for the world to go round ) sort of shot and my favourite when I hit the ground about six inches before the ball take a big divot and the ball falls about two inches in front of the peg.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

One thing I forgot was that all of these options come with the typical tops skyed, etc shot of a 15 ish handicap. Not that that really changes anything because its that same for all of them.

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff

I'd go with number 1. Having a very long and straight drive requires swing speed and solid contact, and if you are able to catch those every once in awhile, those aspects are there. Many don't have the opportunity to have a 300 yard drive...they simply dont have the physical requirements (mainly flexibility..lorena ochoa is tiny and she averages a 270yard drive).

The issue may be that you are not setting up the same way...or even the proper way on every shot you take.

Having option 1 means that you simply need to adjust aspects of your game to go long and hit fairways often.

Also, for example, facing a 450 yard par 4...i'd take 150yard from the first cut over 230 yards from the middle of the fairway.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Ok so heres the deal.

1 is what I am now with my 9.5 degree TM Burner 420

2 is what i am with a "Quick Draw" Steel Shaft Steel head driver that I got at goodwill for $2.38

3 is what I am with my square sv3 3 wood

I'm thinking of dropping my Burner for the "Quick Draw" driver which costs me distance, but I can hit it pretty straight with a little fade or draw sometimes. Would this be a good change. If you were in my position would you do it?

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff

How would you describe your swing? Everyone always trying to improve their swing but would you say yours pretty fundamentally sound or are you still working out the fundamentals (max shoulder turn to your ability, creating lag, proper club release)?

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Go with what gives you the greatest confidence.
Good that you have the choice you do. Some of us look for a long time before finding a driver that performes... esp for under $3.00.

Drive on!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Ok so heres the deal.

Nike Clone?

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Im 17 and played baseball for 12 years or so, so my swing is sort of baseball ish. I swing 95-100 but on a big wide open fairway can crank it up to 110. My swing is pretty solid, minus whatever is causing my fade/ slice. I know I have the ability to bomb one 280-300 because I usually get one or two per round, and the rest are stupid slices or on a good day fades that only go 200-240.

Srry about the clone, I got a good deal on it and hit it as well as the nike one. Please forgive me

Carry Bag
Hyper-X 9 Degree Stiff
Redline 13 Degree Stiff

im going with the number 2.
distance is nothing.
consistancy is everything.
great you can bomb it 300, but your next shot is in between clubs where you cant take a full swing. also inconsistant because you will only get that sometimes leaving you with a very good shot or a very bad shot which is probably out of bounce, in a hazard, imbedded in the thick rough, or behind a tree.
i can take 30 yards less and hit it straight all day, i will be in play and giving myself a better 2nd shot that i can do something with.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Without seeing anyone else's answers, I'll say #1. Not only for the obvious "macho" factor, but because you'd likely be able to club down to a 3 wood on your bad slice days and straighten it out.

1) Usually 240-260 yards relativley controled fade that can turn into a slice some days. Occasionally 280-300 yard bomb when you catch one right. Moderatly high ball flight.

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!