IGNORED

What lie do you hit your hybrid from???

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Obviously the fairway is the best option, but lets assume for a second that you 200yds out in the rough. Is this hybrid time?

I just picked up a Taylor Made R7 Draw 3 Hybrid today and only hit at the range. I'm playing Friday and Sunday. I'm really jacked to have a club with more reach than my 5i. I'm hoping this is the piece I've been missing to consistently crack 95.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

I actually hit regular irons better out of the rough. On course with thick rough, I'll toss in a 2 or 3 iron.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

My hybrid stays in my bag most of the time, especially from the rough. Now if it's clean and sitting up and you think you can get to that spot with a regular swing, go for it, but be careful of not tricking yourself into thinking you can make shots you wouldn't normally just because you've got more distance with the club. I guess I'm saying that pulling out the hybrid from 200 in the rough has to be a calculated risk. And you have to try it a few times to see how you feel with it. Good luck!

I use my hybrid from loads of different lies, but my favorite would be the 1st cut length, where the ball is propped up a little, but not stuck in all of the deep stuff. even then, i use it in the deep rough too, i find its a good "rescue" club.

I use my hybrid from loads of different lies, but my favorite would be the 1st cut length, where the ball is propped up a little, but not stuck in all of the deep stuff..

I almost prefer the 1st cut over the fairway when i'm at hybrid distance. Sometimes i tend to hit my hybrid a little thin when its on a tight fairway lie. Having that little fluff that holds the ball up like its sitting on a tee is preferable for me. However, if i'm in the deep stuff, i stay away from my hybrid. It tends to get tangled up before i get to the ball. I'd prefer to just jab it out with an iron and try not to create any more problems.

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Typically I'll grab an iron and get it back into play down fairway. I'm more than eager to try it. I leave work in an hour and I'll be at the range.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3

as of last week, i don't hit my hybrid from any lie.

it goes all over the place.

i'd hit a hybrid i like in the fairway of a decent lie in the rough. if its sitting up in the rough quite a bit i can shilack a 4-iron there

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

if its sitting up well, i use it. if its in the grass, or imbedded forget it. i use it when im far away. if my 4 wood is to much distance, then i use my hybrid.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As long as its no embedded or burried, I'll hit the hybrid from any lie.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I only use my hybrid if it's in the fairway. In the rough, forget about it unless it's sitting perfectly.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I dont like to hit my hybrid of hard fairways. I use it everywhere else. I always have the tendency to come down to hard on the ball when it it on hard fairways and end up ballooning it or catching it thin.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I use my hybrid from all lies. But I hit down hard, so this works especially well in the rough. When I used to be more of a sweeper than a digger, I would sometimes bounce into the ball off a tight lie. As for being 200 yards out (from the center of green), I always hit my hybrid if there is no bunker in the front. And it always comes up about 5 paces from the front fringe and I take my lumps. If I think about pulling my strong 5 and possibly hitting a wild one I say to myself "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread". But power is not my game. I'd rather try an up and down or take my lumps with a bogie.

I use my hybrid from all lies. But I hit down hard, so this works especially well in the rough. When I used to be more of a sweeper than a digger, I would sometimes bounce into the ball off a tight lie. As for being 200 yards out (from the center of green), I always hit my hybrid if there is no bunker in the front. And it always comes up about 5 paces from the front fringe and I take my lumps. If I think about pulling my strong 5 and possibly hitting a wild one I say to myself "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread". But power is not my game. I'd rather try an up and down or take my lumps with a bogie.

Id think that 200 yards would be the perfect range for your 7-wood. That or maybe if you had a 15* fairway wood it would make shots like that easier.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

All of it depends on the lie. If it's up, I will probably go at it, assuming there isn't a supreme risk should I miss the green. If it's laying down a bit, I will just hit a knockdown as far up as I can. And if it's way down in there, I would probably hack out about 70-80 yards, since my home course can get knarly rough. 3i Hybrid is my only one and I hit it 225, so I can't say it would always be the option for 200, but when it would call for it I consider it a very great club in the deep stuff.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

3i Hybrid is my only one and I hit it 225, so I can't say it would always be the option for 200, but when it would call for it I consider it a very great club in the deep stuff.

You could always grip down on it a bit and Id bet it would put you just over 200 yards.

I hit my hybrid out of a fairway bunker yesterday. Never tried it before but thought what the heck and hit it about 150 yards out of the sand.

Driver: Sumo² 5300
Hybrids: 4,5,6,7 Sumo²
Irons: 8,9,A,P Sumo²
Wedges: SVTour 56°
Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: One Black or PlatinumBag: Tour Cart Bag II

Hybrids are called 'rescues' for a reason but the odds are against accuracy from uneven lies in the rough. Better to use a mid-iron and come in steep, just to get it back in play.

I have a 3 wood, but its not fairway friendly. The reason I brought the hybrid into the fray is to help make up area on those long shots where I fall short with my 5i. I've had a hard time getting my long irons to come around, but I found my flaw there and have since improved them. Almost over night really.

I play today and then again on Sunday morning. I'm half tempted to tee off with the club and just see what it does.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!