IGNORED

david duval at the british

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

he's looking good! only 3 over after the first. winning the open would be a great comeback victory in a script being written by the gods.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I couldn't even freaking imagine that comeback, talk about everything coming full circle for a guy!! I wouldn't annoit him as the Champion Golfer of the year just yet, but man he did manage pretty well yesterday. I really enjoyed his comments after the round, he is taking it all in stride and actually sounds like he (and only him) expected to play well.

Hopefully he can keep it going, I've been a fan for a long time but get tired of getting sucked back into the "Duval is coming back" crap only to be disappointed again, but I'm pulling for the guy. If he can get the 2nd round finished and still be within 3 to 5 strokes off the lead, or even comfortably within the cut line, it'll be a big step for him.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

He's 2 over now! Hoping that TNT gives himsome airtime.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Normally I'd dismiss the thought of him doing anything of note but Greg Norman is leading the tournament so why the hell not? Norman, Duval... I guarantee there are at least some out there who would temporarily forget about Tiger's absence if these two stay in the hunt. Good stuff. Looking forward to a fun weekend.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

What is with TNT's coverage though, Duval hasn't hardly been on at all! If that was a few years ago or if Tiger was playing that's all we'd see. He'll get some face time if he keeps up this play though. GO DD!!!!

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Ridiculous chip in. LETS GO DD!!

3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Another Birdie!! Way to keep it going!!

Unreal, at what point does the other shoe drop and he go on a horrible downward spiral? He is playing GREAT!!!

Home...

Unreal, at what point does the other shoe drop and he go on a horrible downward spiral? He is playing GREAT!!!

YOU BITE YOUR TOUNGE!

What a bird!! Nice way to rebound after that bogey!

I find his game is pretty consistent, which is great. I want him to get through to the final round, and he needs to keep playing solidly throughout the weekend to do that.

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

I would love to see Norman and Duval fight it out on Sunday. I'm afraid reality will set in Saturday though. I do wish them the best.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I would love to see Norman and Duval fight it out on Sunday. I'm afraid reality will set in Saturday though. I do wish them the best.

Yep, Duval struggled today on his way to that 83, I knew as soon as I looked at his standing first thing this morning, +5 thru 3 holes is hard to bounce back. Still, there should be no shame in Duval's game right now, a good round tomorrow and he can get some much needed confidence and prize money!!

Home...

Yep, Duval struggled today on his way to that 83, I knew as soon as I looked at his standing first thing this morning, +5 thru 3 holes is hard to bounce back. Still, there should be no shame in Duval's game right now, a good round tomorrow and he can get some much needed confidence and prize money!!

A top 40 finish would be good to see tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!