IGNORED

What's Going To Happen To the SHARK?

RX Phoenix
Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's Going To Happen To the SHARK on Sunday?

• Gradually Fades Away
    • Implodes and Drops Way Back
    • Holds It Together and Wins
    • Goes Into A Playoff, and Loses In Tragic Fashion Again

When talking about Norman there is no way to avoid the scenario of a gut wrenching loss, he's mastered that art form like no one else. Does he have one more of those in him, or has he turned a page in his life?

I'd like to see him win and help us forget the past, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's more likely that he fades a bit and comes in third.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

When talking about Norman there is no way to avoid the scenario of a gut wrenching loss, he's mastered that art form like no one else. Does he have one more of those in him, or has he turned a page in his life?

I know what you mean. Although, I do hope he holds it out and wins tomorrow, it'll be great for him...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

People are asking where that 'extra bounce' in his step has come from . . . Well, people usually have that bounce when they feel lighter . . .
And Greg is now $103 MILLION dollars lighter in the pocket after his divorce came through, that's some kind of lighter!

It would be interesting to be in his shoes for the past month.

Loses $103 million in his divorce
Rents an entire island for a $2 million dollar wedding bash
Marries the sporting icon Chris Evert
Decides to tack a round of golf onto the end of the honeymoon
And wakes up Sunday morning leading the Open by 2

LOL, and that's probably only the half of it!

2009 Burner R
5W R7 R

People are asking where that 'extra bounce' in his step has come from . . . Well, people usually have that bounce when they feel lighter . . .

For him it's pretty good, $103 mil is a drop in the bucket for him, he'll just put it behind him and make it back in a couple years. My guess is this recent performance irregardless of Sundays outcome will sell him a few bottles of wine and some $75 dollar polos. And if he wins.....

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Not this time baby! This time he Will Not choke. He Will go strong to the finish. He won't reach deep into our hearts and rip them out only to throw them up against the wall and watch them slide helplessly to the ground. Yes, this time will be different. Ok, sarcasm meter off....
He will probably just do what he always does and shred us to pieces again.
Either way......Go Shark!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

I really hope he holds it together and takes it all the way. Another heartbreaker, I don't know if he'd able to handle it. Or us.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

For him it's pretty good, $103 mil is a drop in the bucket for him, he'll just put it behind him and make it back in a couple years.

Yup. The man's a money making machine it seems. I've spent more than a few $ at the Greg Norman Outlet Store.

My guess is this recent performance irregardless of Sundays outcome will sell him a few bottles of wine and some $75 dollar polos. And if he wins.....

dude. irregardless is not a word.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Yup. The man's a money making machine it seems. I've spent more than a few $ at the Greg Norman Outlet Store.

I don't know why $103 million would be dismissed as chump change . . . that's a ton of money in anyones bank account. Got to be one of the more expensive divorces in history. Gives a new twist to 'man bites dog', this time the ex took a big bite out of the Shark and it had to hurt. But yes, he'll be alright, but keep in mind you can lose your shirt in business as Arnold Palmer did a few times as did Jack.

2009 Burner R
5W R7 R

I think he pulls it of and wins. When they interviewed him after his round today, he seemed very calm and relaxed.
Also, one of the commentators is friend with Norman and he said that lately Greg is a different person. He commented that he doesnt get mad when he hits bad shots like he used to.
IMO, especially in the conditions they are playing in, thats what its going to take to win it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've been a huge fan of Greg Norman since I was a kid. In fact, I cannot remember ever following another athelete like Greg, not even close.

Watching his career has been gut wrenching. Greg has had a few meltdowns, but not as many as people would like to think. He basically had the 86 Masters and 87 Masters stolen from him, same with the 87' PGA when Bob Tway holed from the trap. How about the Nestle Invitational (Bay Hill) when Robert Gamez holed from 176 yards, or when David Frost holed a LONG bunker shot at the USF&G.; He lost in an 18 hole playoff in the 84 U.S. Open, and another year I can't think of at the British and again to Paul Azinger at the 93' PGA.

Greg decided around 2000 he wasn't going to play much more. I was so sad to see him find other interests so suddenly. But this would be such a treat to see him win at 53. The guy is so incredibly talented, it would be a nice and almost poetic end to a guy that never seemed to reach his full potential. Too bad it's not going to happen at Augusta or in the U.S. Open where he hasn't won before.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I would think his new bride is worth 100 mil or more. So I doubt he will be hurting too bad with his finances.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 5777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!