IGNORED

Natalie Gulbis--not just a pretty face!

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I realize the pretty face thing is just an expression, but to tell you the truth, I don't find her face to be that attractive -- frankly, it is her smoking body that does the trick.

That said, today she finished her round T-17, so yes, she is a competitor, but she has never reached her potential (despite vastly exceeding her potential in the marketing department), and I don't know if she really ever will.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I realize the pretty face thing is just an expression, but to tell you the truth, I don't find her face to be that attractive -- frankly, it is her smoking body that does the trick.

I think we all can agree that in terms of looks, shes got the total package. I still think Paula is prettier than Natalie, but Natalie is still a very attractive-looking woman.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I am sure that you all have seen that Natalie has posted scores of 69, 71, and 72 and stands at 4 under, which is 10 shots back of Angela Park. She is making a credible showing, but not a great defense of her one and only title.

And Helen WON the playoff!! Congratulations to her! As I wrote before, since I am an OLD guy, I think that it is great that a 43 year old can beat a 20 year old! This is Helen's first win in 5 years, I believe. She has been having a good season, and this is the HIGH MOMENT, so far.

Natalie shot a respectable 69 and finished at minus 7, tied for 17th, with Annika. I would call her performance "respectable".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

It was nice to see her win one, considering she was so close to winning the U.S. Womens' Open.
Paula got 9th. Its a shame Natalie didnt do better, but Im sure her wins will come in time.
Next weekend is the Womens' British Open, that should be interesting. Plus, its going to be on network TV (ABC, I think), so I'll actually be able to watch it!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Last year, by winning her first LPGA Tournament at the Evian Masters, Natalie got the "monkey off her back". She is NO LONGER the "Anna Kournikova of golf". This week, she defends her title at Lake Geneva, and she says that she really, really wants to win. She and her instructor, Butch Harmon, thought her second victory would be easier to achieve than her first, but so far, that has not proved to be true. She is a great asset to the Tour, and not just for her looks and her game. She is very fan friendly and is a real charmer. I have had the good fortune to meet her at the Wegman's in Rochester, NY,and at the practice rounds for the 2006 Women's Open at the Newport Country Club. She takes her time signing autographs and talks with many of the fans. The Tour is lucky to have her and Paula Creamer playing at the same time. We are rooting for her to win this week, but it will not be easy with ALL the Top Ten entered to play!

one win and let us put her in the hof. she is a ok golfer. remember anna kournikova won major doubles titles. plus she is hotter than natalie.

one win and let us put her in the hof. she is a ok golfer. remember anna kournikova won major doubles titles. plus she is hotter than natalie.

It is truly unfair to mention Natalie and Anna in the same post. Anna played many singles matches and NEVER won a singles tournament. Now, she is playing in some Team League and travels to small market areas where her looks are the big attraction. She played with her team last week in Albany, NY, and I believe she lost all her doubles matches. She is making money now on looks alone. At least, Natalie won a fairly big tournment, and was on the winning Solheim Cup teams and won her singles matches. Based on their two records, it very clear who did better in their careers, and Natalie is in the prime of hers, and Anna's is over and done with.

one win is having a good career boy are your standards low. it was not a major so that win really does not all that much. wake me up when nat wins a major. as far as the solhiem cup who cares it is a superglorified exhibition and nothing else. you know i visted this golf empire in the mohawk valley and boy was it impressive.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=DSC_0559.jpg

one win is having a good career boy are your standards low. it was not a major so that win really does not all that much. wake me up when nat wins a major. as far as the solhiem cup who cares it is a superglorified exhibition and nothing else. you know i visted this golf empire in the mohawk valley and boy was it impressive.

I guess you answered my question that was posted as a thread in The Grill Room. You are the SAME bigfred31 who also posts on the ESPN Golf Discussion Board. Fancy that.

Any way, this thread is mainly about Natalie. You have to admit that Anna's tennis career is OVER, while Natalie's is still going strong. The golfing parallel to Anna is Laura Baugh, who made money on her looks, but could not win a singles tournament on the LPGA Tour. I believe she may have won in Japan when it was a minor league affair.

[quote=bigfred31;181203]one win is having a good career boy are your standards low. it was not a major so that win really does not all that much. wake me up when nat wins a major. as far as the solhiem cup who cares it is a superglorified exhibition and nothing else. you know i visted this golf empire in the mohawk valley and boy was it impressive.

Would you like to share exactly how many professional tour tournaments you have won?

[QUOTE=foreleft;181226]

My guess would be zero like the rest of us on here. I think it's great that Natalie finally got her win last year but she has a ways to go before even being considered very good especially in the Annika/Lorena age. I think the comparisons with Kournikova are valid as they have made huge $$ based on looks. I hope to see Natalie win more but if something is on the line the list of ladies golfers I would want on my side would be quite long before she made it on!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

[QUOTE=Bo the Golfer;181235]

My guess would be zero like the rest of us on here. I think it's great that Natalie finally got her win last year but she has a ways to go before even being considered very good especially in the Annika/Lorena age. I think the comparisons with Kournikova are valid as they have made huge $$ based on looks. I hope to see Natalie win more but if something is on the line the list of ladies golfers I would want on my side would be quite long before she made it on!

good post bo. one win does not a good golfer make.

[quote=bigfred31;181310]

good post bo. one win does not a good golfer make.

Don't underestimate how hard it is to win at the professional level. I think she's a very good golfer.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

[QUOTE=MrKadash;181327]

Don't underestimate how hard it is to win at the professional level. I think she's a very good golfer.

You are right, and as I have posted before, with Lorena, Annika, Suzann, Paula, Helen, Juli, Cristie, and the 10 zillion South Koreans on the LPGA Tour right now, it is very, very difficult. I am willing to bet that a few years ago, Anna Kournikova would have paid money to get just one victory, and kick the label of "Non Winner". Natalie does NOT have to do that. She has her win. Even if her career ends with one win, she will be ahead of many players who could never achieve that.

Note: This thread is 5768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!