IGNORED

Natalie Gulbis--not just a pretty face!

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year, by winning her first LPGA Tournament at the Evian Masters, Natalie got the "monkey off her back". She is NO LONGER the "Anna Kournikova of golf". This week, she defends her title at Lake Geneva, and she says that she really, really wants to win. She and her instructor, Butch Harmon, thought her second victory would be easier to achieve than her first, but so far, that has not proved to be true. She is a great asset to the Tour, and not just for her looks and her game. She is very fan friendly and is a real charmer. I have had the good fortune to meet her at the Wegman's in Rochester, NY,and at the practice rounds for the 2006 Women's Open at the Newport Country Club. She takes her time signing autographs and talks with many of the fans. The Tour is lucky to have her and Paula Creamer playing at the same time. We are rooting for her to win this week, but it will not be easy with ALL the Top Ten entered to play!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

She definitely comes off on television as a nice girl. I was glad to see her win last year, but this year has veen a struggle. She's 35th in the Rolex Ranking I think. Hopefully this week can jumpstart her year.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

She is also going through a swing change and has been for most of this year.

You are right. I believe the main reason for the change was due to an injury. She has two extra veterbrae in her back, and her swing has always had a pronounced dip to it, and Butch Harmon has advised her on the changes. She said this week that she has changed her putting posture and stance and that should help as well. I am glad to see that the tournament is being televised (6:30 TO 8:30 PM Eastern Time on The Golf Channel). It is a very scenic course!

I've seen her hit up close and it is amazing how well she strikes the ball. She hits a beautiful high 10-15 yard cut about 270-290 with her driver... I really didn't expect her to be that long. (very consistent too)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

• Administrator
She is also going through a swing change and has been for most of this year.

All I've heard about that is that she's been continually tweaking - ever since she started working with Butch - and this year is no different. Just a slow continuation of the changes she's been working on for years. Not something "big" this year alone.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All I've heard about that is that she's been continually tweaking - ever since she started working with Butch - and this year is no different. Just a slow continuation of the changes she's been working on for years. Not something "big" this year alone.

You are right, and it would be foolish to make big changes when she has been a good ball striker, and her putting has often been her weakness. With many golfers, and this obviously includes Tiger, changes are sometimes necessitated by injury---to the left knee (Tiger), the back (Rocco and Natalie), the shoulder (Dottie Pepper, but finally, shoulder surgery was not successful and she was forced into retirement), hip (Jack finally had his done), etc.

Natalie's dip is not that unusual---Byron Nelson had a noticeable one (it was called a "caddy dip" and quite common in those days)----------and look how good and effective his swing was---he is credited with starting "The Modern Swing", and the machine "Iron Byron" is named for him.

Yesterday, Natalie did OK, and is 3 under par, 4 shots behind Lorena, BUT----------Natalie looked good, as always!!!

Am I the only one that thinks Natalie looks like a little butch? I've seen her show on TGC and without her golf attire, she's a little hefty lookin.

Good player though :)

Am I the only one that thinks Natalie looks like a little butch? I've seen her show on TGC and without her golf attire, she's a little hefty lookin.

I have seen her up close, and she does use a fair amount of makeup, especially on her eyes, but boy, she still looks good to me, and definitely NOT hefty. However, I tend to like full-bodied women, like Penelope Cruz, so that is how my taste runs.

Natalie's a good player and gets a lot of ink.
Talk about pretty faces...anyone see Golf Channels list of sexiest golfers? Natalie was the top female but Amanda Rawson and Erika Blasberg were close behind and in my opinion even better looking....

You can talk to a slice, but a hook doesn't listen.

In my bag:
14 clubs and some beer on ice...

I think her name is Anna Rawson by the way, and I think she's the most attractive player out there.

But I'd be the fourth in the Foursome below (Creamer, Blasberg, Gulbis)! *Drool*

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I think her name is Anna Rawson by the way, and I think she's the most attractive player out there.

I agree with you about them. In terms of playing performance, Erica is very streaky, but she is a beauty to watch, as are Paula and Natalie---------we are SO LUCKY they are ALL on the Tour right now!

So far in 2008, Natalie Gulbis has been a pretty face and nothing else. I saw that she is playing pretty well at the Evian though, and maybe she can put together a nice weekend and a strong finish. I'm a fan, but she hasn't shown me anything so far this season.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When we were over at the tourny in Orlando, she mentioned in an interview that they have "changed her swing dramatically more this year, than any other in the past".

So far in 2008, Natalie Gulbis has been a pretty face and nothing else. I saw that she is playing pretty well at the Evian though, and maybe she can put together a nice weekend and a strong finish. I'm a fan, but she hasn't shown me anything so far this season.

Do NOT give up on her, since she has the following characteristics:

1. Pride---she wants that second win. 2. Desire---you can see when she misses a putt. 3. Competitiveness---she wants to win; she has said on numerous occasions that she wants to be known for her golf game, and then her looks. 4. Work ethic---she is willing to "pay the price" in terms of practice and working out---so is Paula, for that matter.

We need MORE pictures!! I have Natalie's calendars and numerous other pictures of her, Paula, Erica, Laura Diaz, Cristie Kerr, etc. Pictures of these gals brighten up this Forum!! MORE---we need MORE!!

Note: This thread is 5769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!