IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Absolutely, just bought a Scotty cameron studio select newport 1.5 the other day. I said to myself, if I make 1 of these 5 putts (from about 45 feet) i'll simply leave and buy it. Putt, within a foot. Again, within 6 inches. The 3rd time. Bam! I was still a bit worried about cost say I said w/e if i can hit BACK to the previous hole i was putting to, i'll buy it. So i putt. BAM! She rolls into the back of the cup, very very impressive. I loved the feel and look of the putter. The price tags are high but confidence is very important in putting. And hey, why would they be so epensive if they weren't crafted to PERFECTION?

LOL. Putters are like women. They put out frequently during the courtship period, but then when you get married... whamo, no more nookie.

Then you figure out you just married a woman who only loves your credit card!

LOL. Putters are like women. They put out frequently during the courtship period, but then when you get married... whamo, no more nookie.

sounds like a divorced man

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I absolutely love mine! I didnt pay for it first of all, my fiance bought it for me. But she also only paid $100 for it brand new since we have some connections with some guys at Titleist. So is it worth $100 absolutely. Would I have paid $300+ for it on my college student salary. No. But if I was making any actual money I definitely would.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Buy one... If you can afford it...I am a crappy golfer and getting better... I purchased a studio select 2.7 and it has made a big difference... I was actually getting to where I was putting at par (2 strokes or less) per hole at the end of the year last year... This means from not having my 2.7 to having it I have cut about 10 strokes off... Now I can tell you... I have had the strokes to give... others may not... Ultimately guys... It is fun to own something you buddies all get in arguments over the value of when they will not spend the money on one... If it were not for the countless threads just like this one and all the it is or it is not worth it kind of thing as per the value... I would have not had one and just stayed with my Costco Nicklaus putter.. I am glad to have gotten one to IMPRESS MY FRIENDS as it has... but now that my friends are impressed... I reap the reward with a much better short game due to this thing just working... and well.

I want a Napa but they sell for really big bucks on eBay. If you putt well with a Scotty, then it's worth it. In my opinion, the exclusivity and high price of Scotty Cameron products draws me to them

I'm in the market for a new putter, and lots of people say to get a scotty cameron are these putters really better and worth the money or are you just paying for the name.

Scotty Camerons are putters that have a lot more value to them than just another club in the bag. As far as performance they have a significant feel and better fitting options, thats about it. Scotty himself is an artist, and has been making the best putters for years. I have been playing the same SC for years and can tell you i am not switching to anything anytime soon. Scotty Cameron's are used by about 40% of the pro's, which is a hard statistic to fight. In my opinion they are the most personal and best putters available. They are worth the expensive price tag associated with them. If i were buying a Cameron i would buy one straight from from the company and customize it to my liking. This is pricey but worth it.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

• 1 month later...
I absolutely love mine! I didnt pay for it first of all, my fiance bought it for me. But she also only paid $100 for it brand new since we have some connections with some guys at Titleist. So is it worth $100 absolutely. Would I have paid $300+ for it on my college student salary. No. But if I was making any actual money I definitely would.

Wanna share those connections??? Ha ha!

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I'm in the market for a new putter, and lots of people say to get a scotty cameron are these putters really better and worth the money or are you just paying for the name.

I believe that with SC you are getting very high quality and consistency from a club manufacturer. I supppose the real question is does he make one that fits you properly and do you need this level of refinement.

Does it matter to you that you are stroking with a milled carbon steel heel/toe or does a cast heel/toe wand work fine for you. The putter itself...no matter the cost is gonna hole the putt for you. Your best bet is to find a putter that fits you in every way.....length, lie angle, loft, grip dimensions, etc. You may luck out and find that a custom ordred (and custom fitted) $150 PING works way, way better than an off the rack $300 Scotty Cameron. This is coming from a Scotty owner and fan. I'm probabably holing more putts with my off the rack YES putter that came with a nice weight adjustment kit (at no extra charge) and a new Tiger Shark oversize grip than I've ever holed with my overly expensive SC wand. I think in the overall scheme of things that PING is the clear winner. Go get fitted for exactly the putter that you need and stroke with supreme confidence...not compromise.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Yes and no. I went through a number of putters - more than I would like to admit - before I got fitted for a Cameron. Unless Scotty Cameron himself comes to me tomorrow and asks me if he can make me another putter I am not going to take this putter out of my bag. The key thing though is that this putter, which happens to be a Scotty Cameron, sets up absolutely perfect for me, has the perfect weight for me, and has a fantastic feel. There may be other putters out there that would be just as satisfying but I certainly am not looking for them.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

The SC in my bag rarely leaves, but when it does, I put in my Nike Unitized Neo and the two are remarkably similar.

If you all recall, the Nike Unitized line's marketing ploy was all about having the shaft and head in one piece. I don't know how they actually did that, but I'm sure if I sanded down the fancy paint scheme, you'd see a weld in there somewhere. Regardless, the two feel identical. if you don't want to try a SC, find yourself one of these Nike Unitized putters.

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

It's hard to find any other putter that retains its value like a SC. From that point alone, it was "worth" to it.

You can pick up a nice used SC for the same price as a new top level putter of another brand.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Imo SC putters along with pings are the only good putters left. Putting is all feel im tired of all of the tech putters. When ever i stroke with a ping or SC its pure not some putter the size of my driver with a ton of MOI

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Imo SC putters along with pings are the only good putters left. Putting is all feel im tired of all of the tech putters. When ever i stroke with a ping or SC its pure not some putter the size of my driver with a ton of MOI

I respect your opinion but I believe there are many good offerings other than Cameron and Ping. IMO, Ping falls behind Cameron and others like David Mills, Byron Morgan and Bob Bettinardi. There are quite a few good manufacturers available and these three designers offers putters not the size of a frisbie. Just a note, Bettinardi made Cameron putters for Cameron and Acushnet from 1993 to 1998 which was, IMO, the glory days of Cameron OTRs.

I respect your opinion but I believe there are many good offerings other than Cameron and Ping. IMO, Ping falls behind Cameron and others like David Mills, Byron Morgan and Bob Bettinardi. There are quite a few good manufacturers available and these three designers offers putters not the size of a frisbie. Just a note, Bettinardi made Cameron putters for Cameron and Acushnet from 1993 to 1998 which was, IMO, the glory days of Cameron OTRs.

I have tried a bettinardi mizuno putter and i was not a fan. But only for the sole reason that i did not like the way the insert felt. However the putter set up beautifully

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

I've gamed camerons for 10 + years, my current putter is a 95 oil can. I can honestly say there will be no putter like my ping zing 2. BECAUSE its fitted for me just to my liking. This putter wold be lucky to go for 15 dollars on ebay. Im confident my Cameron would go for atleast 100. Holding value is great....sinking 6 footers when it all counts is another thing.

I recently tried the RIFE putters. I was surprised how well the got the ball rolling. I might be jumping on the RIFE bandwagon very soon.

Driver: Adams 9015 proto (ozik matrix shaft)
3w: TM V-Steel 15* grafalloy blue (42 inches)
3-pw: Miura Tournament Blades w/ rifle 5.5
wedges: 588 Clevelands 47* 51* 56*
putter: Scotty Cameron oil can (97)

only you and the practice green will tell you if they are worth it. Personally mine puts it in the hole more often than any other putter, so yeah it is worth the 300 bucks.

I've gamed camerons for 10 + years, my current putter is a 95 oil can. I can honestly say there will be no putter like my ping zing 2. BECAUSE its fitted for me just to my liking. This putter wold be lucky to go for 15 dollars on ebay. Im confident my Cameron would go for atleast 100. Holding value is great....sinking 6 footers when it all counts is another thing.

i must admit rife's do putt a incredible roll on the ball but they are just not for me.

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:

I love my Scotty Cam. I have the Studio Select Newport 2. I did send it in to have more weight (10 grams) added to it. I just love the solid feel of the Scotty's.

In my OU Stand Bag
Driver: R9 TP 10.5 Fujikura Motore 1 S
3Wood: R9 15 S
3H: Burner Rescue 19 S
4H: Burner Rescue 22 S5-AW: VR Full Cavity S .5 long & 3* uprightSW-LW: Wedges 54* - 68* Putter: Newport 2 with added sight line, 10 grams, & BOOMER SOONERGPS: Green Finder on Iphone

Note: This thread is 3776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!