IGNORED

Warm-Up Routine

DBake
Note: This thread is 6723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know if any of you guys watch "Tigers Clinic: 2005" on TGC tonight, but Tiger explained his pre-round routine for hitting balls. He starts out hitting balls with his 56 wedge than moves to his 8 iron, than 4 iron, 3wood, driver, 8 iron, 60 wedge. He stated that he took this routine from Jack.

Just wondering if you guys and a set warm-up routine before starting your round.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I always start with the PW and then go either 9 to 7 to 5-iron OR 8 to 6 to 4-iron. There is not much rhyme nor reason as to which three club set I choose. Then I will usually hit a few off the deck with either my #3 hybrid, 5 wood or 3 wood. Then I finish off with the driver.

Then go putt, mixing that up with 3-4 footers and 15 - 20 footers.

The whole routine takes about 45 minutes -- whereupon I am completely warmed up and ready to shank one dead right about 60 yards off the first tee.

A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

• Administrator
I always start with the PW and then go either 9 to 7 to 5-iron OR 8 to 6 to 4-iron. There is not much rhyme nor reason as to which three club set I choose. Then I will usually hit a few off the deck with either my #3 hybrid, 5 wood or 3 wood. Then I finish off with the driver.

I hope your first hole is a par-3 or an "iron-off-the-tee" hole!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have never had a chance to hit balls right before hitting the course. But I picked up a book and DVD called Golf Flex that has helped me stretch out and warm up my muscles. It consists of quite a few dynamic stretches that you do a few repitios of for a few seconds each and static stretches, where you hold the stretch for a good 10 or 20 seconds. It really helped me feel looser before, during, and especially after the round.

If I could get a bit more dedicated I would go back to doing the static stretches every other day :/

I have never had a chance to hit balls right before hitting the course.

Man, I almost

always make sure I get to the course in time to hit at least a few balls. If, for some reason, I can't make it, then I usually will swing about 20 times with two irons (3 and 4) together stopping at the top and also stopping where the club is parallel with the ground on the downswing. I feel this really stretches the big muscles in my upper body. When I do hit balls it usually starts with a gap wedge and then works through one short iron (9 or 8) and then a mid iron...the 5 usually. I'll hit a driver after that. Then I'll usually hit a few different clubs I think I might need on the course. The last thing I do is hit a few shots with the club I'm using off the first tee. This is something I've developed over time...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

At least I do get a chance to swing a Momentus a few times, but at the course we normally go to there is no range, just a crappy net behind the first tee. I guess I do hit 15 or 20 plastic or foam balls off at matt on the front lawn, so that is better than nothing.

We play early so never get to "practice"/hit before. My only practice I get is to double up with two irons for weight and swing to loosen up.

If I do have time I usually start off with the 7i and then work down to the SW then back up, through the 7i, to the driver. I like to finish off with the driver because to me it's the last club I hit before I use it again on the first tee which is a par 4.

I usually hit about 4-5 shots with a wedge, short iron, long iron and 5 wood or hybrid to warmup. I usually don't hit any with my driver only because I can't see the ball so I don't feel the need to hit a club that I can't see the results of for fear that I'll mess myself up on the course. I'll then hit a few pitch and chip shots then roll a few on the green

I watched Fred Couples warm up one year at the International, and he started with a wedge and worked his way to the driver. After he hit the driver a few times he then went back to the wedge to hit his last 5 shots. I asked a pro friend of mine about this he said that going back to the wedge helps wth tempo. So this is how I have warmed up ever since.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 6723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!