IGNORED

Radargolf

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would anyone seriously try Radargolf's stuff? I should say, any serious golfer?

They have a nice looking web site, but the product just doesn't seem to fly with me. That is unless they embed their microchip in a Pro-V1x. Then I might consider it. Switching balls is too drastic of a change to me. But there might be others that would consider it and I shouldn't dismiss it so quickly.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Would anyone seriously try

Yeah, uhh, no. I think that their long-term business plan

has to include trying to lobby Titleist, etc. to include their chips in the golf balls, but then again that cuts off their stream of revenue. This is one of those things that seriously make me wonder what the heck these people are thinking. I can't see this as a valid business. Titleist (et al) like selling balls to people who lose them, people probably don't want to pay $10 for a radar-chipped Pro V1x they may dunk in the water anyway (or lose in a canyon, or really deep in the woods, or scuff off a cartpath, etc.), and Titleist probably doesn't want to pay to change the assembly line system to incorporate a little microchip. Just dumb.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with Erik, that with significant cost attached it won't fly... however - I'd buy it if I had the money to throw away. How many times you hit the ball just off the fairway, that should be "right here!"... and never find it. I think that's great idea. Remember - nobody was able to afford (or didn't think it's feasible to get it) a computer just 10 - 20 years ago.... Maybe they're just a bit ahead of their prime.

I interviewed the CEO of Radargolf for my blog a while back: http://www.hookedongolfblog.com/?p=202 Their thoughts about where it can go are primarily with a company who doesn't have a huge market share of the golf ball world. They know that Titleist would never do it, but they theorize that someone like Nike might. Nike has a tiny market share and could use the buzz or publicity or whatever you want to call it to help try and increase their market share.

I'm really surprised, that USGA stiffs are ok with it (according to radargolf.com they're "approved"). The "Lost Ball" is a siginificant part of the game and scoring - this device will virtually eliminate it?

Note: This thread is 6699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!