IGNORED

Do you use a glove while putting?

elementz
Note: This thread is 4756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tried putting without a glove for the first time in a long time , and i putted better than i had  been . The feel makes a difference and i could'nt care less if people think i'm just  trying to act like the  pros.

I only have a glove on when i'm hitting a shot and never when putting.  I put it on right before I pick a club out of the bag and take it off when the club goes back into the bag.  why would you wear it when you aren't hitting a shot?  that makes no sense to me.

I bet you guys who leave it on all day look real cool with your pasty white left hand.  :)

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

If you have "man hands" you don't need a glove when hitting full shots! lol just messin around

I will usually start out wearing a glove but if I feel like I'm not sweating too much(wind blowing, just not that hot, etc..etc..) I'll take it off and leave it off.  A glove DOES provide a LITTLE more tackiness when gripping a club but thats only with good leathers and its not something substantial anyway.  Most people wear gloves out because the club slides in their hands anyway...thats why there are so many "heel holes"

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I leave it on.  I am a creature of fell though.  If I am playing good nothing is changing!!  If I took my glove off to putt in a good round I would probably have to completely redress myself in order to get the correct feel back.  It may sound weird but thats how I am.  I was the same way with other sports, basketball halftime people always took there shoes off to let there feet rest, me I left them on because they would never feel right again when I put it back on.  I guess its more of a sensation thing.  If I take my glove off and put it back on, I don't feel comfortable the rest fo the round.  Either way I don't putt any different though.

When its breezy swing easy!!!!!

taylormade.gif Superfast 10.5
cobra.gif  3W .350 Oversize Tip
cobra.gif S9 Irons 4-GWcallaway.gif 56 Degree SW Golfmate 60 Degree callaway.gif 64 Degree odyssey.gif 3300 DF putter

And the "greens" at a lot of places (*cough* Edwin Watts) basically funnel your ball into the hole so you're thinking "MAN I putt well with this thing!"

• Upvote 1

My old stuff I still use:

Irons - Titleist DCI 981 (1998)
Putter - Odyssey 2-Ball DFX
Wedges - Cleveland Rg. 588 (47º, 52º, 54º, 57º)
Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad (2004)
Ball - Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!