IGNORED

OUCH! Sunburn

Ben
Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

H. Longshanks, did you ankles or legs swell at all? Mine have - (well at least the left one is noticeable, the right is still swollen from my fracture.)

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Cool, I was worried I'd developed some gnarly cankles. The swelling is down. No pain anymore either. So glad this is almost over...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Folks... For sun burn that doesn't need immediate medical attention try this as rediculous as it sounds. My wifes, 4 foot nothin'... 16 kids... 150+ grand/great grand/ great great childeren ( I got One, two and two)... Ellis Island... class of 1913, Grandmother's remedy for sunburn was simple and I've used it sucessfully for twenty three years working out of a cherry picker/ bucket truck on telepone poles. Everyday white vinegar from the supermarket on a face cloth, very moist and hold it on your skin for 5 to 10 seconds, refold and apply again. This will pull the heat out of your skin and the facecloth will feel very warm. I don't know why this works, but it does. And as long as there's no severe burn damage to your skin you will thank me forever for this tip. You'll only smell like vingar for about five minutes, but the facecloth will definantly need some attention. And your skin won't peel if you apply this in time! We buy it by the gallon just for this reason. I'm one the guy's who puts back up the wires when a pole is broken as you drive past... nothing better than playing 9 quick holes after working outside all day.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Harden up. lol. In Australia if you get burnt, you definitely know about it. you can easily get burnt in winter if you are not careful.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I would think Australian sunburn hurts as much as USA's does.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Folks... For sun burn that doesn't need immediate medical attention try this as rediculous as it sounds. My wifes, 4 foot nothin'... 16 kids... 150+ grand/great grand/ great great childeren ( I got One, two and two)... Ellis Island... class of 1913, Grandmother's remedy for sunburn was simple and I've used it sucessfully for twenty three years working out of a cherry picker/ bucket truck on telepone poles. Everyday white vinegar from the supermarket on a face cloth, very moist and hold it on your skin for 5 to 10 seconds, refold and apply again. This will pull the heat out of your skin and the facecloth will feel very warm. I don't know why this works, but it does. And as long as there's no severe burn damage to your skin you will thank me forever for this tip. You'll only smell like vingar for about five minutes, but the facecloth will definantly need some attention. And your skin won't peel if you apply this in time! We buy it by the gallon just for this reason. I'm one the guy's who puts back up the wires when a pole is broken as you drive past... nothing better than playing 9 quick holes after working outside all day.

That sounds simple enough. If you swear by it, its certainly worth a shot. Thanks!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

That sounds simple enough. If you swear by it, its certainly worth a shot. Thanks!

Ben (or anyone else who tries this), please post a follow-up report.

I have pale Irish skin, so I WILL burn again. So any techniques that work would be appreciated.

I would think Australian sunburn hurts as much as USA's does.

I was just having a laugh but Australia often have an extreme rating in UV during summer.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

By the way, has anyone ever tried the spray-on "ultra mist" sunscreens?

BullFrog brand makes something just like this...but I really like their sunblock a lot more. Look it up..it really works!

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

We have an aussie brand that makes an insect repellant and sun screen in the one tube. But it smelled really bad and was off putting.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

You weren't kidding about the peeling H. Longshanks. I'm only peeling really thin layers, but, I just pulled off a piece that was about 3 inches wide, and ran the entire length of my lower leg. hahahah.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

you weren't kidding about the peeling h. Longshanks. I'm only peeling really thin layers, but, i just pulled off a piece that was about 3 inches wide, and ran the entire length of my lower leg. Hahahah.

I feel sick.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

You weren't kidding about the peeling H. Longshanks. I'm only peeling really thin layers, but, I just pulled off a piece that was about 3 inches wide, and ran the entire length of my lower leg. hahahah.

Ahhhh . . . good times, good times.

The ones I peeled off were deep (thick) enough that after I peeled them off (one was my whole shin) I could pull and stretch them without it tearing or disintegrating. It was completely fascinating for about 15 minutes. Then my leg started itching again. Stupid Irish complexion.

put that in a jar save it for later =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!