IGNORED

What golf balls do u use

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I say the Pro V1, Pro V1x, or the NXT Tour. Right now I am hitting the NXT and am not having any problems making the ball stop. They are cheaper than the Pro V1 and V1x.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Bridgestone E5+ is my "go-to" ball right now.

Great spin, higher trajectory (which I really appreciate), very strong distance, great feel off the putter and two piece durability at a super price.

I'll bracket the balls that I like both above and below this price point....sort of the next step up and down in price:

$5 / dozen less = Top Flite Gamer.....I really like this one and will play them again if the E5+ is sold out.

$5 / dozen more = Titleist NXT Tour....super ball in every category listed for the E5+....a real gem of a ball.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

alright, some of u guys have suggested the D2s and things like that, if i do get those, should i get the distance, straight, or the feel ones?

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

alright, some of u guys have suggested the D2s and things like that, if i do get those, should i get the distance, straight, or the feel ones?

Get the FEEL, those are the best by far.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

D2 feel are the ones you want

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

alright ill get the feel, well i went to my golf store today and bought just a 3 pack of the Top FLite Gamers, and i did pretty well with them this afternoon when i played, but i think i might try the D2's and see what i think about them, also, what does the FEEL D2s offer, like what makes them better than the other types?

I use the Titleist ProV1 and the Taylormade TP Black.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

I did that Bridgestone ball fitting thing and i added like 10 more yards of carry to my drive with the E6+. Its really easy just hit three drives with your normal ball and three with the Bridgestone ball they think you should use and your done. Those E6+ balls run for like $16 a dozen too. Soo not too bad. The Wilson Staff Fifty Compresion balls are a good buy.

Pro v1's or Pro v1x golf balls. I normally start off with these and if I am playing well I keep using them but if I start poorly I normally play with a callaway warbird or nike distance or some other distance ball. Note: I played my best 9 hole round with a prov1x, I think I gain extra confidence due to the fact that I know that if I hit the ball next to the pin it will stop quickly but if I use a top flite it will roll off the back of the green. It set up a lot of birdie opportunities.

ONE Platinum or ONE Black

or

Pro V1 or Pro V1x

the brand depends on the price of where I am at, the ball depends on the conditions.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Pro v1's or Pro v1x golf balls. I normally start off with these and if I am playing well I keep using them but if I start poorly I normally play with a callaway warbird or nike distance or some other distance ball. Note: I played my best 9 hole round with a prov1x, I think I gain extra confidence due to the fact that I know that if I hit the ball next to the pin it will stop quickly but if I use a top flite it will roll off the back of the green. It set up a lot of birdie opportunities.

just asking, what makes the top flites roll across the green like u said and not the Prov1s

As I have stated in my other posts I have to give the Taylormade TP Red my vote for premium balls.

For lower priced balls I would go with one of the newer soft Pinnacle balls or Nike makes a few decent soft/distance models.

This brought back some memories of some of the balls I've used over the years and obviously Titleist has always been a mainstay for many of us that have played this game for +30 years but here's a few I played religously through the years.

1970's Maxfli - Blue Max (I thought the blue dot was cool,,lol)

1980's Spalding - Tour Edition (Man could that ball spin)

1990's Wilson - Ultra Balata (Best ball I've ever played)

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

When I stopped playing 6 years ago, I had just made the switch over from Precept to Srixon, and I was really loving the Srixons. My handicap was around 16-18 then.

Now that I've started back (I would probably play to a 25 now), I don't know what to play. I got a great deal on some Volvik Crystal balls off eBay and should be getting them next week. I have no idea what they're going to be like. If I don't like them, it will be back to Srixon.

I've always driven the ball better than my handicap. Even when I was playing 16-18, I was averaging 250-270 with 66-75 percent fairways hit. My problem is and has always been getting from the fairway into the green. I noticed when I went from hard, 2-piece distance balls to something softer (Srixon Hi-Brid) that I could still knock the bejeebus out of my drives but my work around the greens got better.

Jess

just asking, what makes the top flites roll across the green like u said and not the Prov1s

Some people are dismissive of Top-Flite products because of their perceived reputation of making low-quality "distance balls," the likes of which I dissuaded you from earlier in this thread. Distance balls are designed with a thick external cover for durability and low spin, which can help novice players improve their yardage off the tee. However, the price for that added distance is a lack of feel on the greens, characterized by the absence of "bite" (the reaction an object with a forward-moving trajectory and backward-rotating spin to a landing surface) which makes the ball skip off the green like a stone atop a lake. Hence, the epithet "Rock Flite."

A lot of players are downright snobs when it comes to which balls they play: to them, anyone who doesn't play with just-opened $45-a-dozen Pro V1's isn't playing real golf. Personally, I've made a vow to never buy Titleists just because I can't stand the condescension of a lot of those who swear by them. As far as Top-Flite goes, they are making much better balls now than they were a few years ago. Just steer clear of the XL-series balls sold in 24-packs for $12 at Wal-Mart, and stick with the Gamers or D2 Feels.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

alright thanks, and i prolly will stick with the gamers, or maybe the callaway warbirds, i bought some of them yesterday and did pretty well, what do you think about them?

As I have stated in my other posts I have to give the Taylormade TP Red my vote for premium balls.

Same for myself

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!