IGNORED

Ball for Me

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I shot a 46 for 9 holes at my tryouts for my varsity golf team, the 2nd best out of 14 other people(terrible golfers at my school). I typically shoot in the mid-high 80's, and hit the ball pretty far. Drives go about 265-280 on average, and my tee shots are the strong point of my game. I currently am playing either the NXT Extreme's, or NXT Tour's, depending on the length of the course and conditions, etc.. I am willing to spend no more than $30 a dozen for new golf balls, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have tried the HX Hot Bite's, but they seem to scuff up nearly immediately after putting them to use, and I can't afford to lose 3 balls a round due to scuffing. Hopefully you guys can help me out, thanks a lot!
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

My suggestion is Bridgestone E5's or E6's. They're awesome at $25/dozen. Try them out and you won't be disappointed.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I like the Bridgestone balls as well for the money. The new Treosoft they came out with for $22 seem like a great ball. The Wilson Zips play great for $20. You can also get XOut - Pro V1's and V1 X's at Dick's for $30. I can't see a difference in them besides the Xout stamp.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

YOu can try golfballselector.com. They have you input info into their system and it spits out your top 17 to try out. Their used to be a coupon going around to sign up too.

My input:

I have played a lot of the middle tier 15-30 dollar balls and compared them to the 40 dollar ones. Here are some of the notables from my experience.

Bridgestone e6 felt the softest for feel shots and putts almost feel like a rubber ball, a feel I persoanlly did not like (kind of like Prov1's... too soft). Decent spin

I liked the durability of the NXT tour, decent all around ball

TM TP 07 reds play just like the 40+ balls. Spin is not out of control on full wedge shots like a Prov1. perfect middle of the road feel ball, not overly soft like a Prov1, softer then an NXT tour

TF Gamer a rediculous ball for 20 dollars. NXT durability, TM TP red 07 spin, feels a little firmer then NXT tour. Long and straight off the tee. Only the noodle + has been longer for me.

Noodle + is the longest ball off a tee for me, surprisingly soft feel and green side control for a distance ball. Most durable of the bunch.

TM TP 07 reds have been on the shelf at Sports Authority for 25 bucks, so I stocked up. These are my favorite ball to hit into a par 3.

I need to restock on Gamers, these are my par 4 balls.

Give me a noddle + on a par 5

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Anyone actually try the new Bridgestone Treosoft yet? How does it compare to the E6+? I normally use the Bridgestone but have tried the HX, HX Hot, Precept Laddie X and V1/V1x lately. I still like the Bridgestone E6 the best followed by the Precept Laddie X. The Precept is by far the best deal. I got a 24 pack (2 dozen box) at Target for 20 bucks.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

another vote for the bridgestone's

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Bridgestone E5+ is my ball. You get super distance and very mid iron-wedge spin......much more than with the E6+. It is a 2-piece ball that is very durable.

I'm also in love with their B330 as well.

I'm very much looking forward to playing the B330-RX as well.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I know balls are a matter of fitting and opinion but I just don't get the appeal of the Bridgestones... any of them. I have tried the e5, e6 and the b330s and they are too hard, don't spin that well, and aren't long enough. it's just my experience i guess but i despise them now. The ball i would recommend is the NXT tour and extreme, proV1, and for value I would highly recommend the out of stock (it may be available - I see and buy them all the time) maxfli revolution solids (red version). These balls are 20 dollars for a double dozen. I've found them to be soft and long. They don't spin all that much especially out of the rough but that is the only bad thing I can say about them. Durability wise they are so-so. But these are 20 bucks for 2 dozen... Try them out. it's a cheap investment. At worst you get balls for cheap that you can practice around the green with - esp flop shots. Right now I play the maxflis for regular rounds with friends and then play the Pro V1s when I playing in a match for $.

BTW I just got fitted for my new driver and SS is 114. My iron SS is 101.

Just my two cents.

I play with maxfli noodles long and soft all the time. It may feel a bit harder but for some reason, I've got a lot of control on them. Most times that I play a casual game, I try a different ball for a few holes just to get a taste for the different feels, but once I drop my usual noodle, the ball goes where I tell it to. Plus these guys are cheap, like around a buck a ball cheap.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd look at the Nike Power Distance Soft balls (Green box). A few years ago it got great reviews in a few golf rags. Nike reserves the elite status for the One Series so they don't get the hype. At $16 they are inexpensive. After two years of playing with them I haven't found anything I like better for the price..
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

I played the Wilson ZIP in league this week and was very impressed. (I shot a 43, but lipped out 4 putts) I had been playing the Srixon Z-URS, but with the Zip almost half the price, I'll be sticking with it for awhile.

Thanks for all the replys. I purchased a sleeve of Bridgestone e6's and I'll see how they perform at my next outing. I would like to see how they compare to the NXT Tour's, and go from there. Thanks!!!
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I know balls are a matter of fitting and opinion but I just don't get the appeal of the Bridgestones... any of them. I have tried the e5, e6 and the b330s and they are too hard, don't spin that well, and aren't long enough. it's just my experience i guess but i despise them now. The ball i would recommend is the NXT tour and extreme, proV1, and for value I would highly recommend the out of stock (it may be available - I see and buy them all the time) maxfli revolution solids (red version). These balls are 20 dollars for a double dozen. I've found them to be soft and long. They don't spin all that much especially out of the rough but that is the only bad thing I can say about them. Durability wise they are so-so. But these are 20 bucks for 2 dozen... Try them out. it's a cheap investment. At worst you get balls for cheap that you can practice around the green with - esp flop shots. Right now I play the maxflis for regular rounds with friends and then play the Pro V1s when I playing in a match for $.

You found the the B330's are harder than NXT Tours and Extremes? And the Maxfli Revolutions? That is odd. I guess hardness is different for people. I am holding one of each in my hand and the B330s are definately softer to me than any of the ones you mentioned. I dont play them, but did a review of them after a round. They seem just as soft and spinny as the Pro V1s to me and that is what I play.

Note: This thread is 5741 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!