IGNORED

New Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 out next Friday

Dub
Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have mine pre-ordered for PS3. I won't be home next tuesday to pick it up though. The demo seemed pretty good, and I haven't gotten a golf game since I switched over from 360 around X-mas. If you other PS3 owners get it or have COD4 my gamer tag is DirtyPo37.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why I was thinking it'd be next Friday.....it's actually this coming Tuesday.

It's a good thing because it appears we are gonna be getting tons of rain around here.

I finished up my round today with a light rain on the last two holes....it really poured down hard for the next couple of hours.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have mine pre-ordered for PS3. I won't be home next tuesday to pick it up though. The demo seemed pretty good, and I haven't gotten a golf game since I switched over from 360 around X-mas. If you other PS3 owners get it or have COD4 my gamer tag is DirtyPo37.

Maybe we can get Iacas to make a sticky for us PS3'ers to put our gamertags as well.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

Been playing it for about an hour...sickk.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

GUHH STUCK AT WORK. Going to go pick it up after work and go play on xbox360

In my Vantage Bag:
Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5*
Woods: Steelhead Plus 3 and 5
Irons: Forged 300 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 52* and VR 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Red

• Administrator
I've picked up my copy and I'll put it in later this evening.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any Wii owners pick it up yet? And if so, how is the motion control? I have '07 and was disappointed with the swing control. Wanna pick it up today but not sure which system I'll get it for.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Any Wii owners pick it up yet? And if so, how is the motion control? I have '07 and was disappointed with the swing control. Wanna pick it up today but not sure which system I'll get it for.

I'll be picking my copy up this evening after work, and I'll definitely try to post some impressions tomorrow. I've visited a couple forums, and the people are saying the swing controls are pretty darn close to perfect this year. They are supposed to be 1:1, and while they don't seem to be 100% accurate, they are close from what I've read. That makes me happy, and if the online is solid, this game will be played for many months to come.

Thanks for the info Cody. I should be picking up and playing within the next 2 hours! I'm almost off work, I will try and post up my first impression's for all the other Wii owners out there a.s.a.p.!
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW

• Administrator
I'll be picking my copy up this evening after work, and I'll definitely try to post some impressions tomorrow. I've visited a couple forums, and the people are saying the swing controls are pretty darn close to perfect this year. They are supposed to be 1:1, and while they don't seem to be 100% accurate, they are close from what I've read. That makes me happy, and if the online is solid, this game will be played for many months to come.

If the controls are that good (Cody, you may want to bring your copy to the Newport Cup, as I have a Wii and four controllers) I may pick up the Wii version in addition to the Xbox 360 version I already own.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well Guys, I have just now played the first hole on the Wii..... I think this new version is great, but I did get a double on the hole....
Got to get use to the new putting meter!

All is good, made my first par 4 eagle on the 8th. Game is great on the Wii. But I think I have to calibrate my putter.

I played the game for about two hours or so earlier this evening.

First, the graphics jumped out at me. They are much improved from last year's game. There is no doubt they are still behind the XBox 360 and PS3 in that department, but the spread isn't as much as I expected.

Second, the new swing mechanic isn't 100% accurate, but it's about as close as it can get. The 50-75% shots are actually possible now which makes me real happy. I'm still not great at the shots because I'm not practiced up, but I'll get there. This is definitely an improved area though thankfully.

Third, the online is solid so far. I played 18 holes with another guy (I won), and there was zero lag. I started another 18, but my opponent got mad and quit. Still, I was pleased with this aspect.

Lastly, and this is my only gripe, the putting never should have been changed. Last year's putting was very nice, but this year's is tough as hell and doesn't make a ton of sense. You pretty much have to swing back 100% every time to get the putts the right distance. In my first online match, I shot an 85 or something, and it should have been a 75 if it wasn't for the nasty putting. I constantly came up short, even on 3 and 4 footers. In my second round, things were still tough but much improved. This is something I'm not real happy with, but it's something that can be perfected over time.

Overall, I'm really happy so far. But I have a lot of playing to do before I have a final thought.

On a side note, my EA Tag is CThrash13.

Picked up a Wii copy yesterday and have played 3 rounds on it.

It takes a bit of getting used to the putting meter, but aside from that the game is a lot of fun.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Administrator
I played enough to beat the first two pros (Xbox 360 version) and all of the challenges associated with them. I'm a little unsure how things work - as your power rating goes up, does your power go up too? Or is it purely a measure of the power you've generated? It can't be the latter because if so, I'll never drive the ball farther than 250 yards on flat terrain. I haven't yet purchased new equipment either, so I know that helps.

The Club Tuner rocks.

I started on Tour Pro difficulty right away, FWIW, and I took digital images of my face so I could map myself into the game. Took 20 minutes but came out not too bad.

I can't wait to read some more reviews by Wii users. I've been really, really torn between it and the X360. Personally, I think I would enjoy the 360 version more, but I think I could get my wife to play the Wii with me.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Does anyone else think that this is pretty much the same game as the previous years? (for the xbox 360 version). The graphics might be slightly better. I really think another company needs to compete with TW, their monopoly on golf games has made them less innovative.

In my Titleist Premium Stand Bag

909D3 8.5 VS Proto 70 X
909 f2 13.5 V2 75 x
G10 15 Degree Grafalloy Red X MP-32 3-pw X100 Vokey Spin 52, 56 SS Newport 2 Pro V1

I'm still surprised the Ryder Cup hasn't made its way into the game yet. It's the biggest event in golf, and while I'm not sure it would make the game any better, it would probably sell them even more games because of the hype. With the power of XBox 360 and PS3, they could make the crowds real colorful and crazy just like the true Ryder Cup. I'm not sure the Wii has the power to get the atmosphere right.

Nonetheless, the Ryder Cup is definitely a must for future golf games somewhere down the line.

Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!