IGNORED

Scotty Cameron in Disguise?

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with it floppy

Thanks. I am soooo excited. My two "dream clubs" are now in my bag. (my driver and putter)

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

This will freak out many Cameron Lovers. i use a Cameron Flange when I play on better greens. I spray painted my Cameron Flange and then scraped off the paint when tacky with a thumb nail so that it looks like and old barrel putter. No one know its a Cameron except for me. It still putts wonderfully and no one wants to steal it. The most I have every lost was at a country club with a status membership.

Maybe I should key my car so nobody will steal it.

Whatever works for you.
In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

Thats an Idea, I just really don't see the problem in being with your bag at all times. Even if I have to go inside I still keep it in view through the window.

True, but it wouldnt take more that a few seconds for someone to walk over, pull your putter out of your bag and walk away like nothing happened.

If they did that, unless you have your name or initials on your putter, there is no way you could proove it was your's. Thats something I worried about with my Red X. It has a cover that says, "Scotty Cameron" in big, red letters on it. It might as well say, "steal me, Im expensive!!!" on it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

True, but it wouldnt take more that a few seconds for someone to walk over, pull your putter out of your bag and walk away like nothing happened.

You have a Red X and you don't use it? WTF?

Atleast until I can buy a cover, I'll use my Odyssey cover. I still have to buy a nice SC or IOmic grip because I'm getting it shortened.
What I Play:

Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

K im having the same thoughts about my scotty cameron, and since mine is a tour issue one, it is even more likely to get stolen. Heres what i do, i dont make a big deal about it. i dont show it off or tell everyone i have a scotty cameron. And i also have a large white towel on my bag, and when i go into the proshop, i cover the putter cover with the white towel and ask the cart attendant to keep an eye on my bag.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

I have no plans to ever hit that club again. The reason: no feel. Infact, its listed on Ebay right now.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Where did you get this cameron from flop? and how much?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Where did you get this cameron from flop? and how much?

Ebay. Bought it from a very reputable seller. Slightly used - came to $181 after I paid for shipping and insurance.

What I Play:

Ebay. Bought it from a very reputable seller. Slightly used - came to $181 after I paid for shipping and insurance.

Good Stuff. Nice bag you got going..

Don't end up being a collector with over a 100 SC's. Not good financially
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Good Stuff. Nice bag you got going..

A 15 year old with a very slight income can't afford any more than one with a few headcovers.

What I Play:

I saw your other thread about the fake Scotty. I was thinking, oh no, I hope he didn't buy that one. Then I thought I would see a post saying you just bought a fake Scotty. Good thing you didn't! $181 is a great price. About the theft thing, you shouldn't have to disguise it, but there are some low people out there. All I can suggest is to keep an eye on your clubs and don't let them out of your sight.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

A 15 year old with a very slight income can't afford any more than one with a few headcovers.

Well lets compare this here..

I have a job. You Dont. You have a nicer bag. My Bag isn't as nice. You seem to be doing pretty good for yourself.
In My Bag

Well lets compare this here..

And you probably have a life outside of golf.... ;)

What I Play:

And you probably have a life outside of golf.... ;)

Actually I really don't, Basically work and golf, with a few nights out. I mean ya I only play 1-2 times a week, because I don't have a membership, but I'm constantly thinking or talking about golf.

In My Bag

no matter what putter I choose to game, I always use the same headcover. It's plain black leather with a magnetic enclosure. Don't let the m3 fool you...one of the first out of SeeMore's Custom Shop. Headweight, loft, lie angle, length, grip, all have been altered and I even put a couple of engravings into the milling of the face.

If a thief wants your clubs, they're going to take them. I've always used the same headcovers for a while, and when I buy something new to replace the old I still use the same headcover. The only one I game is the Adams 4H.
Beaver-Driver
Tiger-3W
Frog-3H
plain black on the putter.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

It is a sad day when a golfer has to worry about another golfer stealing his putter.

I suppose that type of mess does occur, though.

If you are worried about this kind of thing happening, then I'd use a generic putter cover and stash the Scotty cove in your bag.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Anyone else do this?

I thought half the SC owning experience was spending $350 on a Vegas headcover....apparently

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!