IGNORED

Could someone please loan me just one..

firstcut
Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

of these miracle no slice drivers that I read about in EVERY freaking driver review these days.

"I used to have a terrible slice and this club cured it"
"now I hit long AND straight"
"I didn't think anything could fix my slice, but now I'm a believer!"
"Every drive was straight, no matter what I did wrong. Incredible!"
"I've struggled with a slice for years and now it's gone"

Are you freekin kidding me? Everyones slices are cured by changing to driver X? Gack! My new driver has helped my slice, but a crappy swing still puts the ball into the junk.

Could someone please anoint my driver with the fairy dust that these reviewers seem to have found?...

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

One of our league players recently purchased a Taylormade Burner 'Draw' driver. Personally, I'm tickled to death to see this older guy hitting 'em down the middle with literally no fade. He was the guy who could slice it off the planet with ANY driver.

So yeah, I guess it IS possible!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/MG...Graphite_Shaft
thats what helped me out. Haven't bought it yet but I tried it.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

I am torn b/c I slice like mad but I too feel like I should correct the issue not buy comprimising equipment.

That would be like setting up positioned left on the tee box.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

I had a horrid slice with my driver and 3 wood with the interlocking grip I've used since I started earlier this spring.

I changed to the ten finger grip on the tee at 5 last week per a buddy's suggestion. Turns out I knocked the skin off one and I'm mean this thing had wheels on it. Straight as an arrow.

So I decided to play the rest of my shots with the 10 finger grip and I seriously shot the best score I've had so far on 18 holes (92) While that doesn't seem that good, I four putted hole 1, and I had a lot of 2 and 3 putts. My drive and upshots were getting me to green in two or three usually.

I've played 3 times since, and the ten finger grip is permanent. I feel it allows me to turn my club head over much easier and I believe my fingers being bound prevented me from having as much control of the club head.

Not telling you to do the same, but switching my grip from interlocking took care of my slice off the tee and took 5-8 shots off my scorecard AFTER already playing 5 holes. :)

If you want the cure to what ails you, my suggestion is practicing every chance you have.

I think there's always a temptation to find a tool that corrects a particular issue, but for me it's just so much more rewarding to figure out that I'm gripping too hard, or I'm using too much arm and too little of the rest of my body and really drill a ball down the middle of the fairway. It's more difficult, but I think the long-term gains are significantly greater. Save the money you'd spend on the club, and put it into lessons with a qualified professional.

What's in my Golf Bag:
Clubs

I had a horrid slice with my driver and 3 wood with the interlocking grip I've used since I started earlier this spring.

I did the EXACT same thing. I like the 10 finger grip b/c I feel it frees up more rotation of the arms for me.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

perhaps i'm just a purist, but I think it's better to focus on proper technique, than to find ways to compensate for mistakes.

]

I have always played a fade/slice from the tee only. I purchase draw drivers and I think my technique is just fine. Many pros such as Rocco and Tom Lehman play a right to left (draw) and nobody says anything about their technique.

]

If this is something you believe in and find useful, then by all means use it. I can only speak for myself, and my experience. For me, I think it's more worth while to focus on my technique. Everything else I've done in my life suggests that the equipment I use is seldom to blame for my inability to perform the task it is meant for effectively.

What's in my Golf Bag:
Clubs

]

There's a big difference between a fade and a slice. Plenty of players have a left to right ball flight such as Vijay Singh and KJ Choi. No one is critiquing there technique any more so than Rocco or Tom Lehman. There's nothing wrong with a fade. There IS something wrong with a slice though. A fade is a fine ball flight and probably the most controllable ball flight.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

]

Yeah, I agree your technique is just fine if you're doing it on purpose, unfortunately most golfers have an involuntary fade that they cannot control and the notion of hitting a draw is unrealistic.

Alot of people do believe that the draw, especially off the tee, is the ideal shot because the spin imparted allows for both greater carry and greater roll as compared to a fade or obviously a slice..
In My X Bag:

Driver: Sasquatch 460 Graffaloy NT Stiff 9.5°
3 Wood: X 15°
5 Wood: FT-5Irons: MP-52 Project X 5.5GW: Vokey 200 Series 52°SW: Wilson Staff R.Mendralla 56°LW: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls: Pro V1x

Try a little vaseline on the club face. You'll lose distance and it's illegal but other than that...

...but other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?

of these miracle no slice drivers that I read about in EVERY freaking driver review these days.

If it makes you feel any better, my current, non-draw biased driver hits straight. My old R7 Draw...ekkkkk

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Fixing your drive with your own body composition is much more rewarding and satisfying then trying to find more forgiving clubs etc.. in the end it works out much much better in the end, after a whole year of practicing at it i got rid of the slice. Im still happy about it!

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Fixing your drive with your own body composition is much more rewarding and satisfying then trying to find more forgiving clubs etc.. in the end it works out much much better in the end, after a whole year of practicing at it i got rid of the slice. Im still happy about it!

That is an opinion. At my age, I have a fade and sometimes a slice. I would rather just have a club correct it. My driver does that and it has brought my handicap down 3 strokes in 1 year.

I've got my quad weight driver set to maximum slice-cure, and I still find myself taking shot number two from the adjoining fairway more often than not.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!