IGNORED

about to give up this damn game!?!

agengo02
Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

played today (first day it hasnt rained in 6 days!) after lots of driving range time. i could not hit a decent drive all 9 holes. i was getting so frustrated. amazingly i had my best round for the summer. i even hit my first birdie on a par 5! i had 4 holes in a row that were good. the rest were just a complete disaster. i havent gotten this frustrated ever in golf. i actually came close to breaking one of my clubs...stupid game!?!

Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

you'd think there'd be a direct connection between practice and playing... Apparently Golf is the exception to the rule!

I've had that experience before and it is truly the most frustrating aspect of the game, I think.

Of course, the next time you go out, you'll shoot your best round yet... It's about balance, really

What's in my Golf Bag:
Clubs

played today (first day it hasnt rained in 6 days!) after lots of driving range time. i could not hit a decent drive all 9 holes. i was getting so frustrated. amazingly i had my best round for the summer. i even hit my first birdie on a par 5! i had 4 holes in a row that were good. the rest were just a complete disaster. i havent gotten this frustrated ever in golf. i actually came close to breaking one of my clubs...stupid game!?!

Ahhh, yup! That's golf. And... that's what keeps us all coming back.

You mentioned lot's of range time. Range time doesn't equal quality course play. I was hitting next to a friend on the range before league play last week and he was hitting them right down the middle. He wound up having one of the worse rounds of golf in years and he lamented after that he wish he hadn't hit the range before the round. If you hit off of mats that would factor into the equation too. Hang in there. Play more golf. Watch your expectations. First birdie on a par 5 is enough to motivate me for another round especially of my technique was sound. Four other good holes... concentrate on the positives... Remember, the game of golf is not stupid. It's our reaction to the game that sometimes make us resort to stupid things. Keep swinging!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I get like this too sometimes, but it is true that golf is, in itself, a balanced game. Just when you think you have your driver figured out, something else seems to break down.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

haha ya oh well. ive been hitting on only mats for the past week due to all the rain. one thing is for sure is that i have to hit the practice chipping green more!

SW & LW

pls quit. one less golfer to hold us pros up. lol

Yea, you always have been a master at this game I bet.

I was shooting the worst round since I had started playing again after back surgery. I felt like if I aimed for the lake, I couldnt even hit it in that. So walking down the last fairway I was contemplatiing taking a break for a month or so. Then I hit a nice little wedge from about 80 feet, and it dropped in the hole. Suddenly I wanted to play another 9. Stupid game.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

Like the others said, thats golf for ya! All I can say is, hang in there and keep working at it.
Today I played a round with some people I work with. Every full swing was a push to the right (too much of a baseball swing with the arms and not enough hip rotation), but my short game, as usual, was pretty good.
Frustrating? Yup. Does it make me want to give the game up? No way. If golf were easy, everyone could do it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Every single round, at one point or another, I start going through my bag and thinking about how much money I could get for each club, and starting thinking I'm just gonna sell em. And then one great shot and it's back again.

Golf is just like that.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Actually, that is what I love about the game of golf. It is such a frickin' challenge!

I am a good athlete and most sports don't take me long to become at least reasonably proficient. Golf is much more difficult than any sport I have participated in. There is so much to learn and there are an endless variety of shots presented.

I love it!

S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

Actually, that is what I love about the game of golf. It is such a frickin' challenge!

ya thats what gets me so much is that im pretty good at most sports and i pick up on things really well. it was just such a tease me hitting so well at the driving range i thought for sure i had mastered this game! haha oh well school is about to start back up and that means FREE driving range!

SW & LW

pls quit. one less golfer to hold us pros up. lol

Hahahahaha That post made me laugh ^

Things I Am Good at in Golf

- Hitting it in the drink
- Finding the rough with my drive
- Staying in the bunker- Hitting grassburners all the way to the hole- Three putting- Posting over par on 18 in only 9 holes- Swinging and missing with an iron

Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!