IGNORED

Top Ten Duramed Futures Tour $$$ winners to LPGA in 2009

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Clipped & pasted from: http://www.lpga.com/content_1.aspx?pid=17028∣=4

"LPGA Tour cards awarded to Duramed FUTURES Tour members expands from five to 10
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Aug. 20, 2008 – Following an amendment to the LPGA Constitution, the LPGA today announces the number of LPGA Tour cards awarded to Duramed FUTURES Tour members has expanded from five to 10. Duramed FUTURES Tour members who finish in positions one through 10 on the 2008 Duramed FUTURES Tour money list will earn LPGA membership, with varying priority status, on the 2009 LPGA Tour. Prior to this change, which required a membership vote, only players who finished in places one through five were eligible for LPGA Tour membership.
Since 1999, a total of 37 players have earned LPGA membership by finishing among the Duramed FUTURES Tour's top season money winners. From 1999-2002, the top-three players were awarded LPGA membership. This was expanded to the top-five in 2003. The Duramed FUTURES Tour is the official developmental tour of the LPGA."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My comments on this press release:

This recently announced change will give Big Break winner Kim Welch, who is currently 7th on the Duramed $$$ list, a much better chance at the LPGA Tour in 2009 than if only the top five qualified for LPGA membership.

Go here http://www.duramedfuturestour.com/Stats/Statistics.asp to find the Duramed Futures Tour leading money winners and figure out who is likely to make the Top Ten and move on to the LPGA Tour.

There may not be a lot of changes in the Top Ten, but there are likely to be some, since there are only three Duramed events left this year including this weekend's event in Gettysburg.

Lori from Big Break is in 48th.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

• Administrator
Guess the Golf Channel may get off easy on paying her 2009 Futures Tour entry fees, eh, since she probably won't be there to play in the events.

That's why them putting that off and the LPGA Tour exemption off to 2009 was a stupid idea.

Outside of Kim Welch, this is a move I'm glad to see. There's too much dead weight at the bottom of the LPGA Tour's money list, and hopefully this will add a little bit of churn to that bottom level.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I attend more Duramed stops than LPGA stops. I like the scenery better and I relate to the golf better. Kim Welch is worth a scenery spot on the LPGA. In fact the most recent "Big Break" had some fine looking female golfers.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Note: This thread is 5742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!