IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm on the verge of dropping out of the league because of ESPN. This is absolutely ridiculous.

In a tournament as important to fans and the players, and one that is widely considered the fifth major, ESPN just ended the scoring after the 2nd round and called it a day. Rather than try and figure out a way to manipulate their programs to accomodate the rain delays, they just gave up and have made our rosters ready for selection of the next tourney's foursome.

This week was double points, too.

I'm so pissed.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Aaron, ESPN always moves on to the next tournament on Monday. They're still tabulating your score(s) for rounds 3 and 4.

Chill out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Are you sure? They've already put up a final score for the tournament, though. I've never seen them do that before and then go and change it later.

They've done that before. The system automatically moves on so people can select their players for the Bellsouth. Results are still being tallied.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Player's Championship was double points?! HOLY CRAP am I off to a bad start! hahaha.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
So, supposedly, I finished up with 80 points. But I had 80 points late Sunday, so I'm not sure if the points have been updated with rounds three and four... It'd be kinda weird to finish in exactly the same spot after four rounds as after two.

• Administrator
I dunno. My third round score was -2 and my fourth round score was +1. I wouldn't be surprised about anything I ended up with.

Can you still get to those scores online somewhere?

• Administrator
Spoke too soon. I see. But currently my fourth round is showing 0s for everyone. My first three rounds were -10, -10, -5. And when I view my individual thing, I got -5 in the fourth round as well. That had to have gotten me higher than the 40 (doubled to 80) I was at before, I'd think. In fact, it says that's 49.8%, so I should have an even 100 points. I think. 14 shots (-44 to -30) behind first place, and we had a few of those: Cody and Rafi.

How's everybody doing way, way back there ???
I thought my picks were terrible, now I feel like I'm having a bullseye painted on my back.
You see Erik, once you mentioned the prizes .. that was the last push I needed !
Good luck in catching up

I couldn't believe that all of my players just kept staying close to the top, with the exception of Faxon. But he at least made the cut and finished around 40th. Zach Johnson had a rough finish, but he hung in there to get a T8.

I was very happy with my first serious week of fantasy golf, and don't get too comfortable up there Rafcin because I'm right there with you.

...don't get too comfortable up there Rafcin because I'm right there with you.

Excuse me, but do you really thing, that saying "I feel like I have a bullseye on my back" sounds like I'm comfortable ?!?!?

hehe, I was in the lead after 1st week of first segment too. Got killed at Buick scoring something about 40%. It's kind of like the real game of golf, the second you think you're in control - it bites your head off. Or how Forest Gump briliantly put it: ".. it's like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get... " Good luck !

So my plan for segment 2 is go with my gut picks and stick with them. Let's see how this week works...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Just went through all the teams. Looks like everybody has unique team if you take out Phil. With the new system ESPN has in place it sure makes it interesting when making your picks.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Well, this is not good for fantasy at all. Luke Donald didn't show, so now I'm pretty much screwed anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of players start withdrawing that are going to be in the Masters next week.

Well, this is not good for fantasy at all. Luke Donald didn't show, so now I'm pretty much screwed anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of players start withdrawing that are going to be in the Masters next week.

Yeah, I saw where Luke Donald didn't show up. That should take out half our fantasy league right there, as I figured alot of people would pick him. One site I was reading had him picked to win the tourney. I'm glad I didn't pick him. It would be nice if we had some golf though......on time for once. I guess they delayed it until 3:00 ET or something.

It's not cool when a player doesn't show that you have selected. There's just no control over that. As for Round #1, its been postponed completely now. It will be played tomorrow... supposedly.

Note: This thread is 6760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!