IGNORED

What's the most 'trouble' you've gotten into at a course?

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at one of the nicer Hilton Head courses (can't remember which) and this guy was getting ready to head to the first tee. The starter stopped him, and here was the conversation...
Starter: Excuse me sir, your attire is inappropriate.
Golfer: What are you talking about?
Starter: Your shorts. They aren't long enough. Shorts must be longer than 9 inches.
Golfer: (without missing a beat) I'll tell you what, if my dick isn't hanging out of the leg, you know my shorts are longer than 9 inches.

The speechless starter just let the guy go.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first year I started golf I hit a driver into a tree and I saw something drop down, as I was looking for my ball I saw a squirrel that I obviously hit. Its eye was bulged out of its skull and it was kind of seizuring. Anyway I didn't want it to suffer so I hit it as hard as I could with my five wood in the head. Anyway my friend and I ended up fighting about it and I felt bad anyway so yea, that sucked.

I got arrested walking from the 18th green to my car once.

This was years ago. I was playing a local muni mid week and this guy behind us was hitting into us half the day- teeing off before approach shots were hit, hitting while we were replacing the flag on par 3's etc... We weren't falling behind the group in front and exchanged words with him once on a par 3 back-up about it. Probably happened 5-6 times through the day, once hitting the bag of one of the guys in the group. Not once all day did this guy even yell fore.

Get to 18 and I'm crouched behind my ball lining up my putt while another guy was putting. Wham! Ball hits me right in the back and knocks me down. A-hole is hitting into the green from 150 yards out while we're still putting!

I picked up his ball, walked back down the fairway and beat him with it in my fist. Hit him 3 or 4 times, knocked out his front teeth and broke hi nose. His buddies were just standing there with clubs in their hands and didn't do a thing. I dropped his ball, wiped my hands on his shirt and walked in.

By the time I got to the parking lot the cops were there. Asst Pro saw the fracus from the pro shop and called it in. My playing partners told me later that I was calm during the whole thing and never even looked upset. I honestly don't remember it that well.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I don't blame you. Been hit with a ball before and it freaking hurts

Got kicked off the local muni 2 weeks ago for telling the group behind me if they hit into me one more time I was going to walk back there and jam my putter up someone's ass. They obviously knew the staff and called and 2 rangers came down. Rangers tried to accuse me of playing slow (Every hole I finished the group in front was still on the tee box). I explained my position and said I wasn't going to tolerate being hit with a golf ball. One rangers exact words were "That's not my concern". I told him, if not, when I got done jamming my putter up their ass I was going to jam it up his. All said without even raising my voice. Took about 5 more minutes before 2 more rangers came down and "asked" me to leave. I guess I was the one causing a problem by being in the way of the folks trying to play through so they could wait longer It was a city run course so I wrote a letter to the Manager of the course explaining my position and concern but I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears

Well the net of it was that charges were pressed. Two of the guys in my group showed up at the hearing (I was a walk on single and didn't know them so that was very cool) and the judge was a golfer! All charges dismissed but I had to pay the $200 deductable on his insurance. It was worth it.

Weapons of choice:

what makes me mad about things like this is what if you were seriouslt hurt by the golf ball? like hit in the head? it seems as if the golf course does not care about your safety at all.

Drove a golf cart into a pond.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

what makes me mad about things like this is what if you were seriouslt hurt by the golf ball? like hit in the head? it seems as if the golf course does not care about your safety at all.

The course is not liable, the golfer is. I think all courses care about saftey, but you can't be everywhere and stupid stuff happens. In my case, the guy in the pro shop didn't see the shot that hit me, he only saw me beating on another golfer in the fairway.

Weapons of choice:

The course is not liable, the golfer is. I think all courses care about saftey, but you can't be everywhere and stupid stuff happens. In my case, the guy in the pro shop didn't see the shot that hit me, he only saw me beating on another golfer in the fairway.

I bet dude doesn't hit into other golfers anymore

Back when I was in college, I played with another golfer whom I had never met...and he was pretty drunk... Anyways, about the 12th hole and a couple beers later, the guy starts to get impatient with the twosome in front of us, which is a father and his little girl. The guy, being a complete a-hole hits the ball about 10 yards from these two. I gave the guy a stern "what the hell are you thinking?!" and rushed up to the twosome to apologize for the a-hole. I explained the situation about my drunk partner. Just so happens the man was a local sheriff on his day off, trying to teach his daughter some golf, and he was not happy. I apologized again and he understood. I promised him I would make sure that never happened again.

Needless to say I did not tell my partner he was a cop. But I did tell him that was an incredibly rude and unbecoming act.

Anyways, we finished and the guy went to his car while I went to practice some putting. Later when I was going home, I turned onto the street just outside the course and saw a green truck pulled over no more than 300 yards from the gates. Outside was the a-hole performing a sobriety test! I bet his night didn't go so well...

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

I think you over reacted. Their is no reason for the actions you took. You would have been morraly ringht in my eyes if you had walked up to him and forcfuly told him that you did not apriceate him hitting you and taken his driver and broken it. But to "Hit him 3 or 4 times, knock out his front teeth and brake his nose" is unaceptable. He caused you pain, you were not severly injured oterwise you wouldn't have been able to go back and hit him 3 or 4 times, knock out his front teeth and brake his nose. You had some pain and a bruise that faded over time but you severely impacted his life. I hope being arrested and prosecuted has taught you that a civilized human does not act like that.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I think you over reacted. Their is no reason for the actions you took. You would have been morraly ringht in my eyes if you had walked up to him and forcfuly told him that you did not apriceate him hitting you and taken his driver and broken it. But to "Hit him 3 or 4 times, knock out his front teeth and brake his nose" is unaceptable. He caused you pain, you were not severly injured oterwise you wouldn't have been able to go back and hit him 3 or 4 times, knock out his front teeth and brake his nose. You had some pain and a bruise that faded over time but you severely impacted his life. I hope being arrested and prosecuted has taught you that a civilized human does not act like that.

Eh...not a premeditated action on my part and all these years later, I still don't feel any remorse for what I did. Would I do it again? Probably not but just to be safe, you might want to move your tee time so that you're not right behind me.

Weapons of choice:

Eh...not a premeditated action on my part and all these years later, I still don't feel any remorse for what I did. Would I do it again? Probably not but just to be safe, you might want to move your tee time so that you're not right behind me.

I realize dude was an ass, but I think it was overkill. I won't be playing behind you unless you play Harding, I have to play it every time I have a chance before the pres cup. It is in great shape and for 46-59 it is a steal.

For residents of SF.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Hey Bill, I know what you mean about it not being premeditated. I had a similar incident in a perkins and its wierd because people actually have to explain to you what you did. The cops thought I was lying to them but in reality I couldn't remember anything that had happened.

I wasn't drunk or anything just sort of lost time, and then I was standing there in a crowded restaurant with people looking at me *hands bleeding*. I apologized to the staff for the trouble and just walked out.

It seems like if you really lose it, you don't get to decide what you are or aren't going to do, stuff just happens. Anyway, hope you didn't spend much time in jail over it.

Oh... Did you go back and take the putt?

^^^ Bingo! Almost an out of body experience. Very little recollection of the event.

And spent no jail time... cops did a catch & release. I was cuffed, questioned, cited and kicked loose. Never did finish the hole.

BTW... this was almost 25 years ago. Just to add some context.

Weapons of choice:

If anyone can top this i will be very suprised.

My buddy threw his 5 wood onto the freeway in anger. or should i say "Slipped out of his hands". LMAO. Funniest thing ever. Like all golfers, we finished our round until we were approached by the head pro and a cop holding a golf club broken into 8 pieces. We actually invited the cop to play the next day. Still laugh out loud to this day.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

i woulda tried to kill him if he done all that to me.i might have been ok but once he hit me with a ball,i would have literally tried to kill him

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!