IGNORED

Tiger Woods Interview

whip_it_out
Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On the Golf Channel, Tiger is being interviewed and he said that when he becomes healthy, he can finally begin to work on what he an Hank want to work on. He said they were trying to fix his "left leg snap", but he couldnt because he had no ACL and his leg had nothing to stop from fully straightening. So, when he can support his leg, and not snap it, it will mean an increase in accuracy, especially with the driver. Maybe a loss of distance, but he will be able to put it in the fairway more often.

Hmm, interesting.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

That makes sense, and it's good to hear Tiger knows what he is going to correct (a la Ben Hogan). If Tiger can improve his consistency off the tee as a result, his play will become even more incredible.

Any link to the interview video or transcript?
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

He already uses the softest and least distance player ball out there. I do not think it matters to him if he loses 5 more yards.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

It is going to be interesting watching him return to the game. I'm looking forward to it.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

It is great for fans, but most importantly it is great for golf. Sponsors need him there.

But I have to say golf has been just as exciting without him. I thought the last Major was a great show!

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

But I have to say golf has been just as exciting without him. I thought the last Major was a great show!

i agree with that. nothing against tiger, but i like seeing dogfights to the end.

not majors that tiger is 3 up heading into sunday and wins by 5 because everybody wilts. if he hits the ball straighter off the tee, he will win (even more) constantly.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

i can't wait to see him return, they'll be so much hype about him

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

with the dial back on grooves, it will be very beneficial for him to find more fairways anyway. i would have been interested to see Tiger not hurt and stick with his swing through 2010 and see how he handled not being able to play out of the rough as easily.

People like Sergio and Vijay might give have given him a run.

A straighter Tiger , he would dominate if he could hit 65/70% of fairways imo.

(proper domination of the tour, not just a 'convincing' domination, if that makes any sense)

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

with the dial back on grooves, it will be very beneficial for him to find more fairways anyway. i would have been interested to see Tiger not hurt and stick with his swing through 2010 and see how he handled not being able to play out of the rough as easily.

I think Tiger's swing and strength is why he's so good out of the rough now, not the grooves.

• 2 weeks later...
very good point jlin.....i cant disagree. But i do feel the groove dial back will have some (though it may be minimal) effect on his style of play. grooves help it stop out of the rough....we will see more land and release type shots in a couple years

Note: This thread is 5719 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!