IGNORED

New Jersey - Alpine Country Club

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd hate to jinx myself, but it looks as though I may be able to play there as a guest in a few weeks. I went to their website - http://www.alpinecc.org - to try to find a copy of the hole layouts, but the site says its unavailable

After looking at the yardages alone, the course does appear to be pretty tough (slope of 134 from the tips)...Has anyone played the course and does anyone have a copy of their layout (or know of a site where I can find one)? I know the yardages since the website does at least provide that. Thanks.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Use Google Earth for layout and yardages. I noticed the course is designed by Tillinghast. I have no idea how close this course layout is to the ones at Bethpage, but you could play the Bethpage courses to get an idea of a "Tillie" design.

Nice looking course.

Took a look at the course. There's a long par 5, 600yds from the tips near the farthest pt from the clubhouse. A couple of holes with water, but not much in play. Range maxes out at 260 yards. Looks like there's a practice hole next to the range. Some big bunkers, but nothing like Black. Looks like a solid course.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah - I looked at the google maps images and I've actually been on course last year because my company organized a golf tournament there (the greens were ridiculous - they looked like velvet!). I was just hoping someone had a spare scorecard booklet with diagrams and whatnot. Thanks though.

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Did you try Google *Earth*? Alot different than Google *Maps*. You can pick two points on a satellite image and get yardages that are pretty accurate. A bit of a homemade solution though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
alpine's pretty awesome. it's by far the richest town in NJ. you're gonna enjoy it. pretty damn awesome. I played as a guest last year...wish i could go back someday..but they gave us the guest 4-some from a charity bid that 1 of my golf buddies won. REAL snobs up in there..but what do you expect when everyone there lives in 5 million + houses
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Thanks for that flyover site, but it was too little too late :(

I played yesterday afternoon and the weather was GORGEOUS! Actually, a little on the hot and humid side. In any case, this is definitely the hardest course I have played to date. I limped away with a 103 from the tips (normally I would have to hit from the mids, but since our group got reduced, he said tee off from wherever). I was really trying to break 100, but hey - 103 aint bad for me especially on a course like this AND playing it for the first time.

The cool part was that my 3 some was reduced to a 2 some...then about 5 holes in, my playing partner wasn't feeling well so she left....so it was just ME AND THE CADDY! And to top it off - my caddy (his name was Jose) was from my neighborhood in Manhattan! He really helped me keep my mind off of negative thoughts in between shots and waiting for greens and fairways to clear. Just shot the shit, you know?

I have never putted on greens this fast. No way no how. I can't recall the last time I 3 putted so many times (6 times). On one hole, I had about 3 feet left for bogey (downhill left to righter). I barely tapped it...the damn thing skimmed the hole and trickled 6 feet past and took about 20 seconds before it came to rest. On another hole I read the putt as just outside the right edge...he was like 'NOPE - aim 10 feet left of the hole! I had to laugh at that one, but he was right on the money.

I had 4 pars (2 of them on par 3s, 1 on a par 4, and 1 on a par 5) so it wasn't a complete disappointment. I forgot to bring my scorecard with me to work, but I'll post back when I get a chance.

LOL, my coworker just emailed this to me. It's the par 3 hole in one hole (you win a car if you ace it). After completing the hole (one of my pars ), my coworker made every group jump in the air for some reason. Here's me (I'm on the right obviously)...do any of you think I can make it in the NBA?

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!