IGNORED

Michelle Wie & Q-School

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Michelle easily advanced to the Final Qualifying Tournament (Dec. 1-7) with a cumulative total of -8 (T-4) for the four rounds at Rancho Mirage. Her four rounds were 70-65-74-71.

Congratulations to the 32 women who will advance to the Final Q-School tournament in Florida.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Michelle isn't playing in the Sectional Qualifying in Venice, Florida September 30 - October 3 but for anyone interested in checking out the scores click right

Not a great start for the Big Break crew:

* Amber Prange (Big Break Michigan) -- 76 * Courtney Erdman (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 72 * Ashley Gomes (Big Break 6 & 7) -- 78 * Christina Lecuyer (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 75 * Andrea Vanderlende (Big Break Michigan) -- 74 * Adrienne Gautreaux McDonald (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 76 The lead is 4 under, 68. The top 30 and ties is currently even par. But this is the weaker of the two qualifying sectionals, since the top 30 and ties from the previous sectional in Palm Springs have already advanced and are absent. Making the 36 hole cut allows more opportunity to climb the board than in the previous qualifier. Adrienne Gautreaux McDonald had more baggage heading into this qualifier than I realized. Not only did she sky to 78 to miss the qualifying number by one shot in Palm Springs, but last year in this Venice sectional she shot an excellent 69 for T4 after one round, then ballooned to 82 a day later to miss the cut by one.

Here are the results from round two:

http://www.lpga.com/content/2008QSchool.html

The lead is -6, held by Duramed player Chella Choi, and Beatriz Recari. Two Duramed winners from 2008, Sunny Oh and Samantha Richdale, are in good shape to advance, in the top 10. The top 30 and ties currently ends at +1.

Only two Big Break players made the cut, Adrienne Gautreaux McDonald (+6), and Andrea Vanderlende (+2) of Big Break Michigan, which begins next Tuesday.

Christina Lecuyer missed the cut by 1 shot and Courtney Erdman blew up to 82 after 72 in the first round.

* Amber Prange (Big Break Michigan) -- 76-77- +9 (MC)
* Courtney Erdman (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 72-82- +10 (MC)
* Ashley Gomes (Big Break 6 & 7) -- 78-78- +12 (MC)
* Christina Lecuyer (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 75-76- +7 (MC)
* Andrea Vanderlende (Big Break Michigan) -- 74-72- +2 (T33)
* Adrienne Gautreaux McDonald (Big Break Ka'anapali) -- 76-74- +6 (T59)

• 1 month later...
Lots of intersting names in there ... interesting to me at least ... Anna Rawson, Bri Vega, Ashley Prange, Liz Stewart, Menier-Lebouc, Stacy Lewis, Naree Song, and of course the big test for Miss Wie -- wish it were televised.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Lots of intersting names in there ... interesting to me at least ... Anna Rawson, Bri Vega, Ashley Prange, Liz Stewart, Menier-Lebouc, Stacy Lewis, Naree Song, and of course the big test for Miss Wie -- wish it were televised.

You forgot Kim Welch.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Good post. I am glad to see interest on this golf forum for how the gals are doing. This week is the final test. Over the past two years, I have been a critic of Michelle Wie and her performances. However, we have to gave her credit for being a good player, and for bringing attention and publicity to the LPGA. At least, she is now going about it "the right way"---as Dottie Pepper and others have repeatedly said and written. She is now focused on competing with the women, and not the men.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Frost Delay in Florida! Today's tee times have been delayed an hour or more.

michele is even par, so far so good

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Odd stat - Sunny Oh and Sarah Oh, playing on different courses, are both -1 after six holes!

Oh Oh.

(really, what else is there to say about that?)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

stacy lewis -3 thru 9...woot woot

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Hmmm, that would be because she hasn't teed off yet.

now she's -2 after ten, has improved on her even par at tee time

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

That is a very primitive live scoring. You can't click on a player's name to follow the hole by hole results, and the players are lumped by the score regardless if they have finished or not. In typical live scoring, the players who have finished are atop the group at that number.

I guess I shouldn't complain. In the qualifying sectionals it was even more pathetic, no scores posted at all until the woman finished her round.

Who the heck is Shiho Oyama? She's having a spectacular round, -8 after 17 holes.

The key today is not to blow yourself out of it. I've looked at past years' results and very few players qualify after opening with 75 or worse.

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!