IGNORED

Missed 5 cuts and wins Fed Ex Cup

Twlvoltz
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I didn't say you were whining. I asked if Villegas was whining (I only saw the interview after he left the 18th green). Because if he accepts it, what's the problem? I agree that the playoff system needs work. See my earlier post on that. The rules are what they are. They all knew that.

I'm sorry, I see where the way I said it might imply I was talking about you. I was not.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I didn't say you were whining. I asked if Villegas was whining (I only saw the interview after he left the 18th green). Because if he accepts it, what's the problem? I agree that the playoff system needs work. See my earlier post on that. The rules are what they are. They all knew that.

And I am not disputing that, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Thanks for putting a spoiler in the title. It wasn't like I actually wanted to watch the BMW on my DVR after I finish watching the football game.

you couldnt watch the bmw instead of jumping on the internet and seeing my one post along with every news page that has it as well. Yeah its my fault. Whatever

Match play sounds like a great idea. Do the first 3 tournaments of the Fed Ex Cup playoffs the same as now, eliminating players until you have 32 left. Then the last week play match play to determine your champion.

This idea, is phenomenal. Another MAJOR issue with the current playoff system is the fact that the player of the year (in my opinion) Paddy Harrington did not qualify for the top-30 in the Tour Championship. That's a travesty.

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

you couldnt watch the bmw instead of jumping on the internet and seeing my one post along with every news page that has it as well. Yeah its my fault. Whatever

No, because I was watching football and recording the BMW. I visit here while I watch sports because that is when I have time to do it.

So, you are saying that it's too difficult or annoying for you to title your thread:
"FedEx race after BMW (spoiler)"
That's just too burdensome for you? Even though, without the spoiler, you would still get to discuss your topic without ruining it for those of us who haven't watched our DVRs yet? You would rather that everyone who hasn't watched the tournament yet avoid this site altogether? Just so you can put a spoiler in your thread title? Interesting. You can put the blame on me all you want, but not putting spoilers in thread titles on the same day of the competition is just a matter of common courtesy.

I feel so many other people deserve it than the cheating fijian. typical he comes sliding in and steals it like a thief in the night .

Yeah, Vijay cheated. Somehow, by playing within the rules, he managed to qualify for the Fed Ex Cup and win the first two events. The PGA should suspend him. What he did was wrong. How dare he win!

As for playing like crap, he's made 17 out of 22 cuts, he's got 3 wins, 2 second place finishes, 1 third place finish and 8 top tens. He's also finished in the top 25 in thirteen of the seventeen events for which he made the cut. Let's not forget that he finished in the top 10 in scoring average, birdie average, GIR average and was top 25 in driving. He was ranked 11th in all around stats. Yup, pure crap year.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I didnt say he cheated this year he is known for it on the asian tour about a bogus scorecard and he everyday use of "oscilation" of the ball to get the face of the club on the ball in the rough .

I didnt say he cheated this year he is known for it on the asian tour about a bogus scorecard and he everyday use of "oscilation" of the ball to get the face of the club on the ball in the rough .

What's oscilation?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

You want to bring up what happened in 1985? Does that have anything to do with what's happening, THIS YEAR? Yeah, a 22 year old Vijay Singh altered his scorecard by 1 stroke so that he could make the cut. AND HE SERVED HIS PUNISHMENT. the Asian Tour was so upset that they invited him back and he last won there in 2007. Do you want to bring up the fact that he was suspended from the Australian Tour for not paying long distance phone bills?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I don't know where all this angst is coming from and it is downright rude to call him the "cheating fijian".

I also think that Vijay deserves to win the Fedex Cup more than Camilio, if this is the argument that's being put forth. Let's look at it over the period of the year, as well as over the play-offs. Vijay has won 3 times this year - once just before the USPGA and 2x before last weekend. How many players have won 3x in 2008? Camilio has only won once this year. Even if Camilio won the Tour Championship, he'll have won 2x vs Vijay's 3x. And don't forget, the field gets smaller towards the Tour Championship. While we can argue the field is supposedly getting "better" i.e. the better players are progressing to the end of the play-offs, but this doesn't detract from the fact that Vijay has won tournaments playing against tougher and deeper fields. Against a full field, any one of 130 players can have a hot week and win. Just look at the number of first time winners on tour.

Yes, I agree that the Fedex Cup rules need to be changed, but hey, don't blame Vijay for that. He doesn't make the rules. He just hits the golf ball. If there's anyone who should be faulted, it's the PGA Tour administrators.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

I'm also all for having the final leg of the 'playoffs' as a match play event (perhaps even make the accenture match play tournament the final event?). After all - i feel the final event of any playoff in any sport ought to give anyone that qualified for that final event a chance to win it all (but don't blame Vijay for simply winning twice and taking all the steam out of the current system).

I was also thinking (might sound silly to all of you) - it'd be cool if the top 16 out of the final 32 get to choose their initial match play competitors WHADDAYATHINK? I'd either be really excited to be chosen by Tiger or be really embarrassed to be the first chosen

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I'm also all for having the final leg of the 'playoffs' as a match play event (perhaps even make the accenture match play tournament the final event?). After all - i feel the final event of any playoff in any sport ought to give anyone that qualified for that final event a chance to win it all (but don't blame Vijay for simply winning twice and taking all the steam out of the current system).

That would be fun for us, but a PR nightmare for the tour. I can hear Scott Van Pelt now....

"Tiger Woods, the world's #1, has selected to play Corey Pavin. The decision was made by Tiger, because the tournament is being held on a 7,750 yard Robert Trent Jones course, and Tiger likes his chances against the light hitting Bruin. Corey Pavin is currently lobbying for the chance to play from the white tees."

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

I don't know where all this angst is coming from and it is downright rude to call him the "cheating fijian".

No here you were confused, although you points a valid. But I said that I feel it was unfair that even though Camilo won an event in the Playoffs he still had 0 chance of wining the whole thing. I too feel like Vijay earned the win and I'm happy that he did.

Here's what I play:

I mean Camilo won the tournament, but for what?

Yeah - he shouldn't have bothered teeing it up on the first day. (I was going to say Friday, but someone would think I was talking about the second round)

First place well over a million dollars. Chickenfeed. Big chance of 2nd in the FedEx cup. $3 million - barely worth getting out of bed for. His first win and a big one. Why not wait a few years? Honestly - if Tiger won three times in a month you'd be saying he saved his best for last and deserved to win, but because it's Vijay, the old prejudices (several of them) come out again. I don't think Camilo would be whining about anything. He's a bit cooler than that.

I'm also all for having the final leg of the 'playoffs' as a match play event (perhaps even make the accenture match play tournament the final event?).

While we're at it, let's call the Masters the British Open and move the Pebble Beach Pro Am to Florida. The Accenture Match Play is a WGC event.

While we're at it, let's call the Masters the British Open and move the Pebble Beach Pro Am to Florida...

Yeah, that is exactly what I was insinuating

All I'm saying is that I feel the term 'playoffs' in this case doesn't do the original idea of this whole new system justice. I guess I'm a fan of the win or go home mentality (not the 'hope someone does poorly so that someone else will move into the top 30 but still wont have a chance to win it all' OR 'hope someone at the bottom of the heap does well in order to shuffle the points leaderboard around' OR ...you get my point). I mean we could go through millions of hypothetical playoff structures and whatnot... ...besides - don't y'all think determining an absolute winner in these 'playoffs' ought to test their match play abilities and not just see who gets the lowest overall score?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

The issue with using matchplay as the final determinant is that there's only one matchplay event over the course of the season. If matchplay format was more common on tour (which isn't a value judgment as much as a statement of frequency) I don't think anyone could complain.

I, for one, think the top players over the course of the season should have guaranteed spots in a matchplay final with seeding determined by playoff performance. The current system feels like the Patriots are playing the Jets in week one of the playoffs, but if the Jets win, both teams make it to the next round.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!