IGNORED

End of the golf season - what do you do in winter?

Kevin04
Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The nights are fair coming in as they say in Scotland and It's already mid September, not long until Winter Tees and dark days and nights.

What do you do in the winter? I've only played winter golf from the mats twice and it was ok but it depresses me a bit knowing that I cannot hit a ball from the fairway until at least March, do you guys play all through winter or just spring-summer?
Usually I just end up not playing golf at all and my only form of exercise is indoor football/soccer practise through the months

I'm abroad until Christmas so I doubt I'll get a game but there is a driving range nearby where I can borrow a few clubs and fire a few balls.

Really need to book a winter break to a California or Canary Isles just to get hitting those clubs.

It must be quite nice living in Florida and California, getting golf all year round.

Well, if this year is anything like last, I just don the rain gear and keep on playing

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I play Hockey, or work. And mainly go to school.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Our clubs will get put away when it gets too cold (whenever we have to wear extra stuff to play). I don't like playing when it's real cold out. A jacket is OK but any more than that is too much. I hope I can swing a Bay area move in the next few months.

Kansas City winters haven't been that bad the last few years, one of the benefits of this global warming thing they keep talking about!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

It's September... No more winter talk! Get out there and play!

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I put on a few more layers, grab some hand/toe warmers & head right back out there! --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

I absolutely hate the winter. I want to go down to Myrtle Beach over winter break for a couple days and get in a few rounds. Which won't happen, but it's fun to fantasize.

You should...Minus the travel expense it is very affordable for golf and lodging

As for me, I still play just not as much.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I play more golf. Live in FL....

Play Golf.

Ditto... I play just as much October - April as I do May - Spetember

Yeah, whatever! Just rub it in . . . If it all works out though, I'll be doing the same thing. Hard to find a different job in construction right about now though, but I got some people with a lot of contacts looking for me!
My Equipment:

in buffalo, ny? clean up the clubs and put em in the basement for winter. There will be plenty homebrewing over this winter.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Birdieman-
We're hoping to move to the Bay Area in California (on the east side of the mountains). My wife lived there for 23 years and her old boss (she was a for real nanny who never left and ended up working for the mother's business!) wants her back! She is who is going through her contacts to help find me something out there. Not that there's a rush, I mean I am still working here but it would be nice to leave before winter! I am actually a Safety Officer in construction for an Ammonia Refrigeration company, not in housing. I know there's meat packing plants out there and surely one of them could use me! Plus, that gets me year-round golf, which is part of the whole point!
My Equipment:

It must be quite nice living in Florida and California, getting golf all year round.

You know what, playing golf all year round really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Day in and day out, golf, golf, golf. It gets monotonous... NOT! Yeah, I've got it pretty good.

I did some time in Japan working on a course. It was in the mountain side where it occasionally snowed. Did it stop the Japanese? Nope. The grounds crew covered the greens at night. At daylight, the covers came off, they swept the fairways, and sent the golfers out.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I have a friend who will play in a downpour or on chilly, windy days. I grab my gear and go with him. I shot a great round in a terrible wind and rain once and the feeling of doing that with the course EMPTY was amazing. I figure...it's going to be lousy weather if I golf or not...so I might as well golf!

The other good thing about that, is that wind and rain and cold don't freak me out, so if bad weather hits a tournament it doesn't faze me.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!