IGNORED

Putter Suggestions?

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a Yes! Tiffany putter for sale if you're interested. I have it posted in the marketplace.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Not to be critical put lets do a little math.

$400 driver = 18 strokes per round
$500 irons= 18 strokes per round
$150 putter = 36 stroker per round

Heck good bag costs more than your willing to spend on a putter, which makes up half of a par 72 round.

Check out http://www.coutourgolf.com for a nice option in the putter world. Todd Sones forgot more about putting than most of us will ever know.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

That is true, but there are plenty of putters out there that fit my needs for ~$150. I don't feel the need to spend $300+ on a brand new Scotty Cameron putter that will probably perform as well or just about as well for half that.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
$400 driver = 18 strokes per round

Isn't it more like 14?

I'm as much about buying a good putter as anyone, but let's be realistic: a poor driver can cost you far more strokes than a bad putter. The best putter is the one that works for you. Go to a store, hit a few, try out some friends' on the course. Figure out first what shape you like, then figure out where you want the shafting, and figure out whether you want face-balanced or heel-balanced, and then by then you should have only a few left to consider.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had an Anser style putter and a mallet. However, I never had the right feel for set up with an Anser. I never had consistent distance control with the mallet.

I switched to an old school center shafted Bullseye. These are not exactly flying off of the racks and don't cost much (although mine was a Scotty). You should consider a real blade putter. The feel is great. The Augustas were nice but too light.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

i suggest the cleveland visual performance series, model vp2...i love it and it rolls nicer than alot of things i have tried. not bad for $110

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

just pick one and stay with it for a long long time. switching costs...

Tour Burner 9.5 w real Diamana 63 S
906f4 15.5 Proforce V2 S
909H 19 Diamana S
755 4-PW
Vokey 50/56/60Yes! NatalieBushnell Medalist w/ PinseekerI'll play just about any ball

Isn't it more like 14?

Not if you hit it OB four times.

Man, I was thinking the same thing.. If I could only get 14 strokes out of my driver I'd be in great shape!

Then again, based on my pre-Rife putting, I was pretty happy with 39 putts!
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Firm believer in find what you like and stick with it. I had my Ping Anser 4 for about 14 years. Just switched to a SC, still in the learning curve with it but it will be my daily gamer.
I do have two Byron morgans on the way though, I imagine those will be for display but if the SC doesn't come through, it may go to the display rack and the Captain Morgan will step up :D

Good Luck
Jamie

i'm kind of in the same boat as the op. i went to the golf store last night and tried out a odyssey white hot #1 and liked it. i then tried a cleveland vp1 and liked it even more. the biggest factor for me was the difference between the insert on the white hot and the milled face of the vp1. milled face felt like it had a better ball strike than the insert.

in my cart bag

Hi-Bore XL 9.5* stiff flex
Sport Series 19* 5 wood
Sport Series 15* 3 wood HBT Irons PW-3H Reg. 588 64*

Well, Cleveland's irons do a hell of a job for me, maybe the putters will too! Gonna have to have a look at them too. Maybe I'll demo one or two putters and test them out for a few rounds.

-Rich

Well, Cleveland's irons do a hell of a job for me, maybe the putters will too! Gonna have to have a look at them too. Maybe I'll demo one or two putters and test them out for a few rounds.

Cleveland is coming out with a new line of putters called the Cleveland Classic, they will retail at $89-$99 depending on what part of the country you are living in. When I stroke some putts with these I was amazed, in all honesty they felt almost the exact same as my Scotty (well at-least to me). The have a finish similar to the Bettinardi C Series, and they feel great. I would definitely suggest holding off your putter buying until you try out of these out.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Scotty Camero Newport 2 made from Germany stainless steel is between $150-$175 on ebay. I play the Newport 2 but also like the Scotty Futura putter both below.........

Futura
http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Cameron-F...d=p3286.c0.m14

Newport 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Cameron-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Welcome to yet another topic created by me. I don't like my putter very much, and am looking for a new one. The most I'm willing to pay is $150, maybe $175.

Not sure what you like, mallet.....blade ?

If you want an outstading mallet that has exceptional feel and sets up perfectly behind the ball than take a look at the Scotty Cameron Red X3 and X5 clubs. They are wicked. I see them go brand new (w/wrapper on grip) on ebay for $185 and used for all sorts of prices. If you want a flange style putter then one of my favorite current models is the Scotty Circa 62 series. Although these are carbon steel (unreal feel) they are finished in a great weather resistant finish. Try ebay, too.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!