IGNORED

How much beer do you drink while playing???

Dub
Note: This thread is 5581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much beer do you drink when playing????

• Never drink on the course.
    • Not when playing practice rounds.
    • many

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually 0 to 2 if playing competitive. But if I'm just playing with my wife and friends, I'll have a 6 pack and a few Caesars. A little "aiming fluid" never hurts.... actually it does hurt my score!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I wish I could have a beer on the way around but I find it's hard enough to get all the bits of my swing together without having beer enter the equation. Afterwards is another story.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I don't usually have more than one or two. On many days I don't have any until I finish the round. I guess it really depends on with whom I'm playing.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

I don't tend to drink on the course as I usually play in the mornings. When I do play in the afternoon in the summer here it can have a pretty negative impact. If I'm playing a social thing with my wife or whatever then I may have one or two with her, but thats about it.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Same boat as Big Padrigo, most of my rounds are before 7 am, the few that are in the afternoon it's 90+ and I'm looking to stay hydrated.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Me and a few friends play the "drunk open" every year. We each drink one beer before we tee off. We play the hole, then the two on the losing team each have to drink a beer before they tee off on the second hole. If you lose three holes in a row, the other two have to drink a beer before they tee off on the 4th. Sometimes we have set teams, others we play it like 1-2-3-4, where from left to right, left being 1 and farthest right is 4, 1 & 3, and 2 & 4 are partners. This changes the teams up from hole to hole. I really don't think we have actually finished all 18 h oles

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I play golf to play golf. Beer would get in the way. A cold one after is good, better if someone else has to buy.

R5 TP
3 & 7 Woods (old Steelheads)
MP52's STX "UR the Key" Putter (black insert)Pro V1 and NXT Tour

I normally drink a 4-6 and have have a few puffs of the ol peace pipe. I have found it really does not effect my game either way.. So might aswell relax and quit thinking about how terrible I am playing..

In the Bag
Driver:Burner07 9.5 NV 75 S
3-woodBurner07 15 degree NV 65 S
HybridRescue Mid 19 degree NVS 85 S
IronsRAC LT 4-PW Project X 5.5 shaftsWedgesCG 12 52,56,60PutterNewport 2 Custom Shop 35inBallProV1 or TaylorMade TP redShoes: All kinds. I have a bit of a shoe problem. As in I like...

I normally drink a 4-6 and have have a few puffs of the ol peace pipe. I have found it really does not effect my game either way.. So might aswell relax and quit thinking about how terrible I am playing..

Gasp! That's pretty much how I do it, too . There is a nice window, somewhere between two and five beers, where I can walk the line between looseness and focus. But sometimes the focus wanes toward the end of that window. I actually find the 'peace pipe' to be more of a focus breaker than the beer. I know this will shock some purists, but I've been known to say that 'as long as I'm riding a cart around the beautiful countryside drinking beer, I might as well play golf too.' I kid, I kid.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

I never drink on the course. Im not a big drinker anyways.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I play golf to play golf. Beer would get in the way. A cold one after is good, better if someone else has to buy.

That's what I've been thinking lately, too.

I just want to enjoy the round. A post round brew later on is nice...sip and think about what you did well and what you'd like to work on. A few rounds back, I played but absolutely sucked it up with my short wedges...those naibiters where you want to get it up and over a bunker but stop it quick....twenty yard shots and in....scary stuff for me. I finished the round....shook hands with everyone and all that. Picked up a couple of tall boys from the grill and headed over to our chipping/pitching green and worked on lob shots for an hour and then hit the shower. I left the course feeling refreshed and confident on my lob ability. It was helpful when I stood over that very shot the next round.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

my buddies an i ditched work today and went out to play... the weather was overcast and almost 70*... needless to say we had a few while we were out there and at the turn when we had lunch
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I voted never, but probably once a year I'll have on or two on the course.

In my bag:

Driver: 905R Proforce V2 S76 10.5*
3Wood: 906F4 Aldila vs proto S80 15.5*
Hybrids: 585H Project X 6.0 21*Irons: AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0 4-6 bent 2* weak 7-PW bent 1* weakWedge: SW SM53* bent from 56* (custom grind by me) DG S200 Wedge: LW SM58* bent from 60* (custom...

I knew my foursome and I weren't the only ones!

Note: This thread is 5581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!