IGNORED

glove or no glove?

kugino
Note: This thread is 6577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. glove or no glove?

• glove
    • bare hands

Wore a glove for about the first eight years I played golf. Last year just messing around at the range and didnt wear a glove. Now I havent worn one since about July 05, and Ill never wear one again. What a different feeling without one. I have the Winn G8 grips on my irons and have never had a problem yet. The only thing to watch out for are the blisters on the left ring finger and pinky, but some tape on there every time I play or hit balls does the trick.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I almost always wear one, including to putt. Funny thing happened Sunday. It was 32 degrees when we started so I was wearing my cold weather gloves on both hands. I putted very well on the first 3 holes, including a 15 foot birdie on my first hole. It started to warm up and I took the glove off to putt on the forth hole. I pulled a makeable putt and made a bad lag putt on the next. I had a four footer for birdie on the sixth and deliberately left the glove on to putt. I drained it for my second bird. I left it on the rest of the way and didn't three putt once for the entire nine. It was probably psychological, but it worked. Once the weather warms up I will go back to my regular glove on one hand.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I consistently putt better with a glove on. I feel that when I become nervous I become overly aware and this limits my sensitivity.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I know that a while ago before the new grip technology came out a glove was very useful because not only did it help protect your hands, but if they got a little sweaty it would help to grip the club. The grips that i have, when they get wet, actually help to keep my hands dry. The grips almost act like tape and help stick to my hands. Just my opinion though.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I have never been comfortable using a glove. They just feel weird on my hands. Now I do have a glove.. 1 glove that I have had for like 6 years lol. I do use it if its raining really really hard.. I have used it on maybe 10-12 shots in my life..

I take my glove off from the PW on down.

UPDATE: Played a full round last weekend with NO glove and it was quite nice actually. I felt more from the irons and I didn't have to worry about my glove slipping out of my pocket and the hassle of putting it on and off again. No more glove for me anymore.

• Administrator
UPDATE: Played a full round last weekend with NO glove and it was quite nice actually. I felt more from the irons and I didn't have to worry about my glove slipping out of my pocket and the hassle of putting it on and off again. No more glove for me anymore.

Everyone shall come to the no-glove side eventually...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Glove - three main blisters are seemingly inevitable without one, and my grip is supposedly fine. . . I can't seem to get a grip on this one. HA HA, get it?

Funny you bring this up...I've been going back and forth.
Not much difference either way for me. I wipe my hand a lot less with a glove on. :)

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

Note: This thread is 6577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!