IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Movie

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoy most any golf movie but the best in my opinion is Tin Cup . I hear a line from this movie almost every time I play golf. Nice par Dave, el hosel, my swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair, I missed a 4 footer on 18 for an 83, and shootin' chili peppers up Lee Janzen's ass is standard for shank at my club. It is one of those movie I will watch everytime I see it on and know every line. My wife absolutely hates it.

I don't see how there can be any response to this thread other than "Caddyshack".

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

This thread s/b called best movie other than Caddyshack.

Other than Caddyshack, Happy Gilmore for the Bob Barker fight alone. Also, since that movie came out I can not stand over a downhill put without thinking "Tap Tap Tappy."

oh yeah, ben stiller's cameo, offering Happy's mom "a nice warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!"
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

• 1 month later...
I just saw The Greatest Game Ever Played last night and I must say, while a little slow at times, it was terrifically done. Love some of the cool "effect" shots thet did. That HD TV really makes it pop.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I just bought "The greatest Game Ever Played". Great movie. I am looking for "Dead Solid Perfect" with Randy Quaid, have only found it VHS. Any ideas about finding it in DVD?

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

I am looking for "Dead Solid Perfect" with Randy Quaid, have only found it VHS. Any ideas about finding it in DVD?

One quick trip to google found this:

http://store.thesmallscreen.org/desope19dvdr.html
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

One quick trip to google found this:

Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missid that. Oh, now I know. I'm an idiot.

Beware of old dudes with old clubs and new grips.

I can't believe no one has mentioned " Who's your Caddy ". I haven't seen it yet , but according to IMDB it has Lil' Wayne playing himself. I love movies that feature rap stars that I've never heard of.

There was a big dude farting in the preview. I'm sure there is more of that kind of comedy in the rest of the movie.

It's got Jeffery Jones. He's done nothing that is so morally objectionable that it would be hard to watch him for 90+ minutes.

Seriously, can anyone come up with a reason (besides being the lowest rated all time movie on IMDB) that we can't go ahead and call this one the winner?

• 2 weeks later...
My taste in golf movies has seriously shifted between youth and adult. Ten years ago I would have told you the following:

1) Happy Gilmore
2) Caddyshack
3) Tin Cup

And now it is exactly reversed. Tin cup is awesome, although I have a serious dislike Renee Russo. At least Kevin could play golf pretty well.
Raor~

Driver: Integra SoooLong Quadratic 10.5* with Innovate 603 graphite shaft
3 Wood: Classic Tour HiGHLY 15* with Integra I-Drive graphite shaft (HiBore Clone)
Irons: Tour + C-Quence 3-SW Irons (Nike Pro Combo OS clones)Wedge: T7 TM Series 60* Lob Wedge (TaylorMade R7 Clone)Putter: STX Snyc 9750...

1. Caddyshack
2. Dead Solid Perfect
3. Follow the Sun

Everything else just happens to have the word "golf" somewhere in the movie.

Follow my 2nd journey down the road to becoming a professional golfer at http://paperhogan.blogspot.com.

G10 - 9 degree, UST V2
906F4 - YS-6+
690.CB - 2-PW Tour 52 degree GW 588 Satin SW Newport 2 Oilcan

• 2 months later...
Best Golf Movies:
1. Caddyshack
2. Happy Gilmore
3. Tin Cup
4. Stroke of Genius
5. Bagger Vance
6. Greatest Game Ever Played

Worst Golf Movies:
1. Miracle on the 17th Green
2. Caddyshack 2

Golf Movies I Still Haven't Seen:
1. Follow the Sun
2. Dead Solid Perfect
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

caddyshack and happy gilmore are the two best, period.

In the Maxfli X Carry Bag

Driver- Callaway FT-3 Fusion- Stiff
3 wood- Titleist 904F
Hybrid- Ping G10- 21 degreesIrons-4-PW Titleist DCI's Wedges- 52, 56, 60 Classic 11'sPutter- Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

My vote is for "Pat and Mike." The movie is about an athlete, Katherine Hepburn and an agent, Spencer Tracy, and how they fall in love; boy meets girl, etc. But in the story, Hepburn's character plays a golf match, and guess what? There's no double! She's a player and what a player! In the movie she plays against the likes of the finest pro female golfers of her day. And there's no movie magic here. We get to see everybody's real swing. And, the acting's pretty good, too. Hard to beat Spencer and Hepburn.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!