IGNORED

2007 U.S. Open @ Oakmont

iacas
Note: This thread is 6530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
We have received your 2007 U.S. Open ticket application for the USGA Members random drawing. You will be notified in writing by the end of May 2006 whether your application was selected or not selected in the random drawing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats! What a venue to watch the Open at. We're hosting the '08 PGA and I hear we're trying to get the '13 Open. I'll be 25, but I can't wait!

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator
Congrats! What a venue to watch the Open at. We're hosting the '08 PGA and I hear we're trying to get the '13 Open. I'll be 25, but I can't wait!

Perhaps you'll make the trip to Oakmont with me, too, and I'll come up the next year.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta find a way to get at some tickets.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

I'm trying to get there inside the ropes. I'll be on the bag for one of our club pros. We amde it to sectional last year, but it's a tough, tough, go even for a +1. Gosh, Iwanted to see Pinehurst. But even more, I just want that experince of being there and that lottery chance of being paired with a celeb.

Heck, just the qualifying round last year was awesome. Golf is such a special game. Our group included my pro (38 yrs) a 50 something Asian restaurantuer and a 17 year old - all playing at or below par. You don't get a mix like that in any other sport.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

• Administrator
Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta find a way to get at some tickets.

We're media!

The 2007 PGA Championship is going to be at Southern Hills CC in Tulsa I believe. I'll definitely be going to that one. It will be my first-ever LIVE tournament, and it should be a good one.

The U.S. Open is my favorite tourney though, and you will have a lot of fun. I wish it was the U.S. Open that was coming to Southern Hills again, but the PGA will do. A major is a major.

True that, you can't discriminate when it comes to watching live golf up close and personal.

I went to the NEC now known as the Bridgestone Invitational last year and it was great. Although not a major, it still rocked.

If you like golf, you have to go see a tournament in person.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

• Administrator
The U.S. Open is my favorite tourney though, and you will have a lot of fun.

No guarantee I'm going. It's a random drawing, remember.

We're media!

Money! Hmm I wonder if I can get behind the ropes for the Buick Open when it comes to Grand Blanc this year. I've gotta look into that.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:

• Administrator
Money! Hmm I wonder if I can get behind the ropes for the Buick Open when it comes to Grand Blanc this year. I've gotta look into that.

It's quite likely.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
Ed just told me that he got his tickets, and I checked and my credit card was billed too, so I'm in as well. Yippee!!!

Ed just told me that he got his tickets, and I checked and my credit card was billed too, so I'm in as well. Yippee!!!

Oh, awesome! congrats!

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't mean to Hi-Jack your thread but I have to tell someone who actually cares....a while back on the USGA's website there was a link to volunteer for the 07 US Open at Oakmont, I figured why not?? Well as luck would have it, they just sent me a letter congratulating on being selected as a volunteer!!! Now I just gotta fork over the $ to fly to Pittsburgh, small price to pay to be able to work the US Open for 7 days!!! They said they'll be notifying me of my committee assignment later this summer, hopefully it's not trash patrol in the parking lot....but even if it is, I'm still at the US Open for 7 days I guess!!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I don't mean to Hi-Jack your thread but I have to tell someone who actually cares....a while back on the USGA's website there was a link to volunteer for the 07 US Open at Oakmont, I figured why not?? Well as luck would have it, they just sent me a letter congratulating on being selected as a volunteer!!! Now I just gotta fork over the $ to fly to Pittsburgh, small price to pay to be able to work the US Open for 7 days!!! They said they'll be notifying me of my committee assignment later this summer, hopefully it's not trash patrol in the parking lot....but even if it is, I'm still at the US Open for 7 days I guess!!

Thats awesome! While its still a long way away, we'd love to hear how it goes when you get back.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Can Philly Mick win this one in 2007?

eh?
What's in the Bag?
Driver:Nike NDS Ti with MFS 40+ Shaft.
3 wood and 5 wood: Tommy Armour 845 Hot Scott.
Irons (3-PW) Nicklaus IronMax JNS
Wedges: Vokey 200 Series 52 degrees. Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreesPutter: TaylorMade Rossa Modena 8.Ball: Ben Hogan The Hawk.

I think that they charge the volunteers 150 for a uniform as well. The shirt and possibly pants.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Note: This thread is 6530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!