IGNORED

Conservatives Endorse Obama

immts007
Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That is exactly my point. Every person in this country has opportunities.

Just look at Obama. Black, poor, no father figure, etc etc etc. He is not oppressed by the system. Get off your rear and stop complaining. Your future is your making. As for cream coming to the top, poop floats.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to disagree with you on this one. I believe he is still in this election because of his race. From what I have seen and heard Barack Obama gets away with a lot more than is typically allowed. From his connections to Ayers, Rev. Wright, and some of the claims of plagiarism in his books he has pretty much bounced right back from those issues.

Let's see, where to begin... 1. G. Gordon Liddy, domestic terrorist, with a much more direct tie to the McCain campaign than Ayres. 2. Wright's church is one of the largest in Chicago and there is zero proof that Obama was there for any of the controversial remarks, and Palin was seen on video being protected from witchcraft. 3. Palin as an acting governor supported an Alaska secession group that her husband was a member of. The answer is that he probably does get some added deference because he is black...but Palin gets it because she is a woman...and McCain gets it because he served the country honorably. Also certain people will be harder on Obama because he is black...harder on Palin because she is a woman, etc...but if you think that being black is positive than I am shocked at the cynical world I live in and want to live in the utopia that you reside. But lets focus on the issues, Obama's economic policy has been chosen better by the independent councils. McCain's health care policy is atrocious, and that is the real problem that no one has mentioned this. Bottom line is I agree with Obama, and think McCain is a shell of himself who sold his soul for a chance at the presidency.

blacks will vote for obama as much as whites will vote for mccain, its just a reality.

If your first statement were true the polls would be 80-20 McCain.

The interviews show just how uninformed the electorate really is. Sad. Maybe Fox News should be required viewing.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Let me just say a few things.

1. "Joe the Plumber" was not this innocent man minding his own business when Barack Obama knocked on his door and forcefed a radical ideology on him. He was a follower of the talk-radio demagogues who confronted Obama with his own black-or-white views on taxes (namely, that they are evil and so is anyone else who thinks we should pay them), for the self-serving purpose of turning himself into a symbol of the right against Obama's platform.

2. I can't say whether or not Obama's race allows him to get away with more slips of the tongue than any other candidate. I can say, though, that McCain's POW status allowed him to push the envelope more than other candidates...until his invoking of it on so many trivial occasions during the summer campaign (notably about how he couldn't remember how many houses he owns) that it became an exploitation the public was no longer willing to see through. Obama has never tried to use his race as an excuse for anything he has said over the course of this election.

3. When Buckley, Powell, and other conservatives have publicly endorsed Obama during this election cycle, the clear and common message has been that all of them are still Republicans, but they are so at odds with the party it has become over eight years of Bush and the four years of McCain/Palin that would follow if they assumed office, that voting with no basis beyond party identity in 2008 is a course to which they cannot commit. They still believe in the Republican Party, but the party in turn needs to turn away from the polarizing ideology it has come to espouse in order for it to remain relevant in the 21st century political landscape. Considering the heavy losses the GOP are sure to suffer in the congressional races in addition to an at-this-point inevitable Obama presidency, conservatives would be wise to inspect the flaws in their own views and perspectives before throwing these people under the bus for stating theirs.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

its a tough question whether unlikely voters should be allowed to vote

Really? I'm not saying they shouldn't, but their making them vote pretty much. They go to the churches and make everyone vote. Also, people think "white people are racist if we vote for McCain, or too ignorant to see the good views." I quote a dumb*** in my history class as that's what he thinks about McCain voters. But yet black people that vote for Obama aren't racist? Just like someone said, most black people surveyed don't even know obama's views, they actually agreed with more of McCains, but they said theyre gonna vote for Obama. Why? Because of Race. That is racism.

blacks will vote for obama as much as whites will vote for mccain, its just a reality.

No it is not, I can assure you I am quite "black" (as you called it) me and my father both work in law enforcement (never been arrested), we don't do drugs and we don't listen to hip-hop. We are both registered Republicans....take your generalizations (and your racism) elsewhere please. BTW if only "blacks" were voting for Obama he would not be where he is, so this obviously isn't the case.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Really? I'm not saying they shouldn't, but their making them vote pretty much. They go to the churches and make everyone vote. Also, people think "white people are racist if we vote for McCain, or too ignorant to see the good views." I quote a dumb*** in my history class as that's what he thinks about McCain voters. But yet black people that vote for Obama aren't racist? Just like someone said, most black people surveyed don't even know obama's views, they actually agreed with more of McCains, but they said theyre gonna vote for Obama. Why? Because of Race. That is racism.

They are "pretty much" MAKING them vote? That comment is ... something else.

I'm glad to hear you're still in school. Knowledge is power!

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

And another!

Ken Aldeman. This guys hardcore, his hard right conservative bona fides go waaaaay back.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...ite-colin.html

Now I'm getting suspicious... what's going on here?

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

And another!

• McCain failed the economics exam because of his erratic, indecisive actions in the wake of the financial crisis.
  • Non-Evangelicals despise the selection of Palin as his running mate.
  • As each of the three conservative wings of the party (Evangelicals, Policy Hawks, Fervent Low-Taxers) continue moving ever rightward in their positions, moderates are being excluded.
  • Furthermore, the more these wings shift to the right, the more suspicious they are of the others' motives, disrupting party unity and leaving open the possibility of one to gain internal power at the others' expenses.
  • With the demographics (younger, more urban, less white) of this country showing a definite shift towards Democrats, Republicans risk being left behind unless they change both the style and substance of their platform to reach a new generation of voters.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

And another!

Aldeman says:

"Why so, since my views align a lot more with McCain’s than with Obama’s? And since I truly dread the notion of a Democratic president, Democratic House, and hugely Democratic Senate? Primarily for two reasons, those of temperament and of judgment." Ya think? Wow, I'm finding a whole new appreciation for these Conservatives, even if it is only because they don't want to go down with the ship.

They are "pretty much" MAKING them vote? That comment is ... something else.

Yes they are making them vote, because if they don't they will

A Hear it from the Church B Be disliked by most of the members of their church. The government sends people to retired home places and things like that, and they ask for the peoples vote and mark them down. The democrat lady there decided to change all the McCain votes to Obama, and when a man confronted her, she jumped on his back and attacked him. Despicable democrats for ya. If you don't see something wrong with that, you shouldn't be in America.

Yes they are making them vote, because if they don't they will

What grade are you in, Sparky? While I admire your passion, your outrageous level of ignorance is ... astonishing to say the least.

Why not worry about chasing little Ashley around the halls for a while and leave the politics to those who are old enough to vote ... or at least get educated and make an attempt to sound intelligent.

What grade are you in, Sparky? While I admire your passion, your outrageous level of ignorance is ... astonishing to say the least.

You deny things that have been reported, agreed upon, and taped. That is ignorance, my friend. Age does not determine intelligence.

You deny things that have been reported, agreed upon, and taped. That is ignorance, my friend. Age does not determine intelligence.

Really? Please forward the links to the reports and video/audio clips that back up your argument.

Just because Daddy watches FoxNews, doesn't mean you need to be drinking Sean Hannity's kool-aid too. You might take lines from an orator a little more skilled at his trade than John McCain, "my friend".
If you don't see something wrong with that, you shouldn't be in America.

Age doesn't determine intelligence, we agree on something. However, you might want to stop making statements like this one that a 10-year old would find "cool". Please refrain from using "liar, liar, pants on fire" in your retort, my friend.

Really? Please forward the links to the reports and video/audio clips that back up your argument.

Your an idiot, if you think foxnews is biased, as I've in other news, they are the ONLY moderate news channel. I'm sure your one of those people, where if it didn't come off of MSNBC you don't believe it. That's ok, but your seriously limiting yourself. Now saying that someone is wrong is a 10 year old retort? Wow, you sound like the 10 year old to me. I have school soon, I'll get the articles tonight.

What does f.a.i.r. say about Al-Jazeera... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!