IGNORED

Bulls Eye Putters the Best?

Note: This thread is 1721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bullseye still sitting in my basement when I started playing golf that's the putter I used. I using a Scotty Newport now. I find it's easier to control the toe with a pumblers neck With the bullseye I find I was lining up nearer the hosel where the sweet spot is

I recently picked up two Bullseye style putters. One is a brass clone, an the other is a Bullseye by Titleist Scotty Cameron Platinum Blade. I got them both from a bargain bin for $5 each. Unfortunately, the Scotty has been cut down to about 32" and has a medium size PING grip. However after using it a bit, I have reconsidered my usual putter length and if I have it reshafted, I may go shorter than my usual 35". If we really fall in love, I may send it back to the Scotty Custom Shop for the refurb.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 10 months later...

I have a 1980's-vintage Slotline bulls eye model with a standard Lamkin Perma-wrap grip (round). Like many of the comments state, it's not very forgiving when you're offline. That said, I think it's easier to play a break with it than other weighted putters, at least that's what I've found. Modern putters seem so determined to put you on a straight path, whereas the bulls eye design lets you fade or draw a putt, if those terms can apply to putters.

In the bag: TaylorMade R5 Duel driver (44", Senior-flex), Namura 19* 3 Hybrid, Stiff, Cougar X-CAT 26* 5 hybrid, Wilson K-28 irons 6-PW, Wilson Harmonized Gap (52) and Sand (55) Wedges, Blade Runner II putter.

• 1 month later...
I have a 1980's-vintage Slotline bulls eye model with a standard Lamkin Perma-wrap grip (round). Like many of the comments state, it's not very forgiving when you're offline. That said, I think it's easier to play a break with it than other weighted putters, at least that's what I've found. Modern putters seem so determined to put you on a straight path, whereas the bulls eye design lets you fade or draw a putt, if those terms can apply to putters.

Every putt is a straight putt. Straight at your aim point, which may or may not be the hole.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this ancient thread.  A while back I pulled an old Acushnet Bullseye putter with flange out of the attic... the one I used in college.

Well, sheesh, the sucker is accurate!  I can sink 9 of 10 putts from 15 feet.  But here's the thing.  It's got a tiny sweet spot... when you hit it the ball goes in the hole.  That is my swing key, hit the sweet spot.  But alas, I only hit that itsy bitsy spot 5 of 10 times.  So my actual accuracy from 15 feet is about 50%.  PGA Tour beware, when I start hitting the sweet spot 100% of the time, here I come!

• iacas changed the title to Bulls Eye Putters the Best?
4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Resurrecting this ancient thread.  A while back I pulled an old Acushnet Bullseye putter with flange out of the attic... the one I used in college.

Well, sheesh, the sucker is accurate!  I can sink 9 of 10 putts from 15 feet.  But here's the thing.  It's got a tiny sweet spot... when you hit it the ball goes in the hole.  That is my swing key, hit the sweet spot.  But alas, I only hit that itsy bitsy spot 5 of 10 times.  So my actual accuracy from 15 feet is about 50%.  PGA Tour beware, when I start hitting the sweet spot 100% of the time, here I come!

Still a big improvement over the Tour Pro average one-putt probability of 23%. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!